Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

I can't remember the last time we had a LBer who was so natural in coverage. His interceptions are actual reach out and pluck the ball catches. Maybe Lamar Marshall? He was pretty good in coverage. 

I am excited for Jamin and his play speed will catch up to his athleticism as he gets more comfortable and faster in identifying play action. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I can't remember the last time we had a LBer who was so natural in coverage. His interceptions are actual reach out and pluck the ball catches. Maybe Lamar Marshall? He was pretty good in coverage. 

I am excited for Jamin and his play speed will catch up to his athleticism as he gets more comfortable and faster in identifying play action. 

Lamar Marshall! Haven’t heard that name in a while. Loved him. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Kurt Gouveia was pretty clutch in coverage when it counted for all the marbles.

I love Charles Mann's description of that play.

Btw, it's Lemar.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Kurt Gouveia was pretty clutch in coverage when it counted for all the marbles.

I love Charles Mann's description of that play.

Btw, it's Lemar.

Can't say I know who Gouveia is. Even with his raw inexperience Jamin is our best LBer day one, and his ceiling is as high as can be.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 3:11 AM, -JB- said:

Jamin Davis looks official in that #52.

Ryan Anderson, Rocky McIntosh, and Keenan Robinson wore that

3 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Lemar actually wore the same #52 originally...before switching to 98

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I know & all three guys sucked lol

Rocky McIntosh wasn't a bad player. He wasn't an All-Pro or anything but he was solid. His biggest issue was injuries and IIRC he also had some sort of degenerative knee condition. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Eh.  

Like I said, he wasn't a star or anything but he also wasn't a dude who was terrible and couldn't even make it in the league. He was a pretty solid Will for us for several years. So I wouldn't classify him as a bust or a guy who "sucked".

• Like 1

We’ll see how Jamin adjusts to NFL coverages. He’s got all the ability in the world but wasn’t asked to do much too much in college. Especially in man coverage. I think he will end up being very good but there may be some learning curve involved. But as long as he works hard that pure athletic ability will take him far...

Edited by terpfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Who was the LB we plucked from the Colts about 10 years ago in his prime? He was pretty great in coverage.

Marcus Washington

We can thank Joe Gibbs for him.

And he was a key to our playoff run in 2005, playing alongside LaVar, and beating the Bucs in Tampa.

Slightly Fun Fact : There is a town called Marcus, Washington.

https://www.citydirectory.us/town-marcus-washington.html

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Rocky McIntosh wasn't a bad player. He wasn't an All-Pro or anything but he was solid. His biggest issue was injuries and IIRC he also had some sort of degenerative knee condition. 

he also was one of the guys who was messed up by the switch to the 3-4.  He wasn't a pass rusher so he ended up switched inside and I don't think he was all that natural at it

• Like 1

Gouviea was an 8th Round Pick. Back when the draft was 12 Rounds.

And people these days say that nothing good can be found in the 7th Round :D

Joe Jacoby is a HOF-worthy player, and not only was he an UDFA, but he also was back when the draft was 12 Rounds. So that means, Jacoby was actually equivalent to either a 13th Rounder, or beyond !

We drafted Keenan McCardell in the 12th Round, too. And we drafted Mark Schlereth in the 10th Round. And so on.

Lesson is, don't discount 5th, 6th, or even 7th Rounders.

And you can't say that things have changed since those times.

Because to this day, we're finding solid guys in the 7th Round, like Kamren Curl, Jimmy Moreland, and Austin Reiter, who unfortunately had to go elsewhere in order to launch his team to a Super Bowl Championship.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 4