Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Not a big deal but I would have thought by now all of our draft picks would have been signed.  In checking, last year Jamin Davis was signed on May 14th, 2021.  I guess it should be soon, but I am noticing that most teams this year vs. last year haven't signed their 1st round picks either.  Kind of strange, in a way.  Oh well.  :)  

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

And that was one of the concerns. Certainly doesn’t mean he won’t be okay. But…

He has asthma, right? 

I don't know what shape he is in, but an asthma attack can knock you on your ass...You struggle to draw  breath.

48 minutes ago, shemp nixon said:

He has asthma, right? 

I don't know what shape he is in, but an asthma attack can knock you on your ass...You struggle to draw  breath.

Absolutely. But asthma attacks also occur more often when you’re out of shape. Asthma is very real and nothing to make fun of someone for. But it is something to think about when deciding to trade your top receiver and replacing him with a receiver who reportedly wasn’t in great shape and has asthma on top of it.

Doesn’t doom him one bit. Easy turn around. But this was the concern.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Absolutely. But asthma attacks also occur more often when you’re out of shape. Asthma is very real and nothing to make fun of someone for. But it is something to think about when deciding to trade your top receiver and replacing him with a receiver who reportedly wasn’t in great shape and has asthma on top of it.

Couldn't agree more. 

Also, asthma is relatively common and I would guess there are a fair amount of other NFL players who also have it and it doesn't impact their game. If he is a first-rounder, you have to bank on the fact that he's found a way to manage around the asthma. 

Too early to tell now, but given what the Titans traded (arguably a top-10 WR), this could end up being a big mistake.

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

I do know allergies this time of year can also hit you hard if you have asthma. My guess it's probably some combo of the allergens and not being in as good of shape as he needed to be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

He’s the guy I wanted us to draft if we went RB.

Me, too.  When our pick came up in the third i wanted him.  Robinson was the next guy after him so i am happy with Robinson but i had a slight preference for Pierce.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He looked awesome

He did.   I liked D. Pierce a hair over Robinson.  But I liked both a lot as to how they run with power (gap and zone).   They both have good hands and can pass protect.  Pierce from what I've read is also having a big camp. 

On 8/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Was Pierce the guy that looked great in Senior Bowl practices but his college talent/usage/whatever didn't show that?

Maybe he's Taylor Jacobs, practice all star?

Just because U F didn't pound the rock IMO isn't a slam on Pierce.  For me, he's a fun watch because he's such a violent runner.   But like all these rookies, will see. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Will see, but I've heard a lot of good things about his camp, he was one of my favs in that draft

Yup he was my RB4 so slight reverse with you. But I love the way he plays. Good player. Any of my top 4 (Hall, Walker, Robinson, Pierce) would have made me happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Trying to make judgments one way or another after one preseason game is silly.

IIRC Daniel Jones lit it up his first preseason game too.

No one is judging. We are talking. We know things change. We've been here a long time and around the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Trying to make judgments one way or another after one preseason game is silly.

IIRC Daniel Jones lit it up his first preseason game too.

Thanks. Do you have a predetermined number before we're allowed to talk about rookies? Like game 7 it's official and we can say who looks good?

2 years down the road we can talk about guys having a good game or two? 

Just want to make sure that we're not on the warhead silly scale, so it can be really serious fan opinions.