Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

I guess the writing was on the wall that we had to get a DT after cutting Ion and letting Settle walk. We decimated our interior rotation. 

I don’t know enough to know how he fits or how good he is, but it’s not a pick that inspires excitement. 

I realize this is a place to talk about the draft but you guys crack me up and this time of year NFL fans go whacko. You know nothing about these guys, what other teams thought of them, their personalities, what their current college coach or players think of them, what they were asked to do in a scheme, and then to top it off 99% of you dont really know what your looking at anyway. Hey but some guy on espn who is really a marketing genius not a personal genius says it was a reach or a bad pick so lets get upset.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I think this board thinks D. Payne is worth more than most of the league.  If we could get a 3rd round pick I would take it and run.  Maybe could happen during this draft or later this year.  I hope the plan is to not just let him walk at the end of the year, but I’m also not sure there is much demand there is or will be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

I realize this is a place to talk about the draft but you guys crack me up and this time of year NFL fans go whacko. You know nothing about these guys, what other teams thought of them, their personalities, what their current college coach or players think of them, what they were asked to do in a scheme, and then to top it off 99% of you dont really know what your looking at anyway. Hey but some guy on espn who is really a marketing genius not a personal genius says it was a reach or a bad pick so lets get upset.

Hey! I resemble that remark.

• Haha 1

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Yeh, we’re on a forum discussing draft picks bro, that kinda comment doesn’t wash

Unless that’s you Ron? Ron? Is that you? 

Just because you're in a place where you can discuss it doesn't mean anyone's got to take you seriously

• Thumb down 1

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not gonna get much from me. Big body guy. Top 2-3 1-tech in a lousy 1-tech class… but we left Travis Jones, the best 1-tech on the board. I assume because we have an addiction for Alabama DTs?

I don’t know. This is a definite reach. Mathis will be decent for us but I don’t know he’s going to be much more than that. 

Wonder if Payne is holding out if they don’t trade him. 

Still… overreaction and panic pick.

Its the same crap every fin year

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, TChaler70 said:

Yeah, most people here don't have the inside info on these players. But there are plenty of people here who know what they're looking at, spend time watching tape, etc. I don't think the talking heads at ESPN said much about either of Washington's picks this year so far, and even if they did, this crowd isn't too easily influenced by them. 

Just now, MrJL said:

Just because you're in a place where you can discuss it doesn't mean anyone's got to take you seriously

Where have I said that? You either like it or you don’t? I really couldn’t care less either way but to suggest your opinion is only valid if you have some kind of NFL scouting experience when commenting on a fan forum is laughable 

• Like 3