Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Just now, Going Commando said:

I like Dotson.  He was a reach at 16 but he's good.  He lit Ohio State on fire in 2020 and basically ended Shaun Wade's first round pick candidacy.  Those cut ups are some of the most impressive you will see from any of this year's WR prospects.

Hey everyone…

Want to point out… @Going Commando @Skinsinparadiseand I are all on the same page here. That doesn’t happen for our draft picks. 

So either this is the worst pick of all time or Dotson is pretty good. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

You know when the last time this fanbase was flipping out about a pick and @Skinsinparadiseand I were trying to talk everyone off the ledge?

Antonio Gibson. He has worked out pretty damn well no matter how I feel about him as a bellcow. 

Dotson is a good player. We’re going to like him a lot here. 

I understand frustration given Hamilton and Lloyd and Williams (wonder about the medical on him). 

But let’s tone down the dramatics a little folks. :)

Today IS the time for the dramatics.:chair:  People have seen selections they have been pulling for, defending, explaining why the team should select just slip through their fingers.  Add some alcohol:pint: and it is howl at the moon time.:taz:

Tomorrow is soon enough for back to reality time.:)

:229:The Rook

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

No. We need quality players… I’d take a stud over a few lottery tickets all day. This FO screwed the pooch and forced a WR who had no right going this early.

I really want to be wrong, but I won’t be.

We will see my guess is you are wrong 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Dotson is a fine player. I have no issue with him overall. He's actually my 2nd favorite WR in this draft class.

But at 16? Gross gross gross.

so then it sounds like your problem is from picks 8- 16 you just felt were fundamentally wrong

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Can't shake the feeling that a big motivator for picking Dotson was to use as leverage against Terry in contract negotiations this summer.

Doubt it, wouldn't see why Terry would care, if he wanted to leave just refuse to sign any offer ala Scherff and hit FA.   Supposedly Terry wants to stay, I think they work things out.

I think it was a little early for Dotson but I get it.  He's a good player.  You may recall just a few weeks or so ago I said are you and I the only Dotson guys on this thread?  I was rewatching him and got resold on him (after being a big fan during the college season and then losing interest in the off season for a spell) but then a bunch of others including @KDawg pushed him too.

If they reshow the Hey Rookie episiodes on ESPN its a must watch IMO now, it showcases Dotson in a good way.   He hits me as a good dude from a nice family.

Keim kept saying they like Dotson for weeks.  I think he was the last of the Mohicans I am guessing on the board of their top tier fav WRs. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

I’d be a bit more excited if we didn’t have Scot turner running the offense 😂

You have no idea what Scott Turner can do, because he's had Haskins (RIP), a one legged Alex Smith and a noodle armed Taylor Heinicke trying to run a pro-style offense.  

He's done about as well as anybody this side of Bill Walsh with that cast of misfits at QB.  They were actually somewhat middle of the road offensively last year with a backup QB, and missing Samuel and Thomas all year, and down to their 4th center.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Black Market Bully said:

Olave would’ve been dynamic 

I think Dotson is more dynamic than Olave arguably, Olave gives you very little closer to the LOS whereas Dotson can create for himself after the catch in a big way 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They all play the same too I feel like. For the most part atleast. They can all fly tho. Should be interesting if they can stay healthy. 

Also kinda feels like Samuel insurance.  He only got a 3 year deal and they burned through 1 already.  Probably don't trust that groin either until they see it hold up.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Common sense and intuitive reasoning. 

And here I thought actual scouts were doing it right watching film year round when all they have to do is read a couple tweets and watch a couple YouTube highlights. Imagine the time they could all save. 

Just now, KDawg said:

We got a touch slower, tougher Olave. What’s the issue?

Simple: Olave was picked by another team, so we should already anoint him to the HOF, duh. And since we passed on a sure-fire HOF game, our pick is the worst pick in the history of picks ever, of all time.

• Like 4