Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I turn on my tv.

First round I will watch it... for about 10-12 picks.

Beyond that it's background noise. I listen for the chime, look up, come post on ES and go about doing something else. 

Interesting. I really suck up every second of the first and second round. These are the guys that will be difference makers in the NFL. After round two I am with you though. I wont even be watching this weekend as it is Apple Blossom fest out here in the Winchester area. Way too many alcoholic beverages to consume this weekend. I will stop in to ES and drunk post about our picks though. :)

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

This is one of the best Safety classes I can recall. A solid one could be had even on day 3 IMO. 

I agree with you.  Watching this safety class to do my rankings has been a really pleasant surprise.  I'm having a really hard time picking my last safeties for a top ten so what I did was cheated and moved one to LB to fit an extra player in.  There are probably at least 20 draftable safeties this year, and usually you are lucky if you get like 10.

I think the whole DB class is actually really strong this year, and I can't remember a class where there were so many fast guys in it.  A lot of secondaries are about to get some reinforcements, and this is not the year to sit the UDFA market either.  We are absolutely going to be able to get good special teamers and depth players as UDFAs if we are aggressive.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Jesus. Not again. If the guy isnt in our future plans trade him. This crap is really getting old. 

There is something going on with Daron.  There is bad juju between him and Allen and/or him and the team and we need to be proactive in how we handle this situation to make sure we don't let another one of our best players walk out of the door for nothing in return and with no decent plan for replacement already in-house.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

That doesn't track with the guys we scheduled for team visits.  We didn't bring in a single everydown 1 tech.

But if it is true that we have no plans to extend Daron, then we need to trade him and pick Jordan Davis at 11.

I swear to all that is holy with the Football Gods...

If we take a defensive linemen in the first round of this draft I will be so freakin pissed off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

That doesn't track with the guys we scheduled for team visits.  We didn't bring in a single everydown 1 tech.

But if it is true that we have no plans to extend Daron, then we need to trade him and pick Jordan Davis at 11.

When Standig does an outright report, he's on the money almost as much as Keim.  And that's a report, not just a rumor.  So yeah I do believe their attention isn't to extend Payne.  But will see. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

There is something going on with Daron.  There is bad juju between him and Allen and/or him and the team and we need to be proactive in how we handle this situation to make sure we don't let another one of our best players walk out of the door for nothing in return and with no decent plan for replacement already in-house.

Need to get value for him. We never seem to do it, though. This team historically buys high and sells low. Probably just get the comp pick when he walks.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

It could be part of it.  Most of us wondered about that at the time.  You add that Allen is known to be a locker room leader -- Payne isn't known to be that.  I've observed myself in the camps I've gone too, Payne comes off as a pretty quiet-keep to himself kind of dude when I watched the player interaction -- he's a little social but he's not hard to see he's not a leader within that group. 

• Like 1

If we don't extend Daron...

1) If we don't trade him... yikes.

2) How does this front office and coaching staff mismanage a position as badly as they have flubbed the defensive line? Star L hasn't been a good player in years. He's struggled in Buffalo. He's their plan? We let go of Matt I., Tim Settle and aren't going to extend Payne all in the same offseason. That is incredibly disappointing.

I agree something has to give along the defensive front. Too many guys to pay.

But let's not correct their already egregious mistake by continuing the drafting defensive linemen trend in the first round 5 out of 6 years.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Someone on Twitter mentioned the Packers late 1st .. or possibly a 2nd and 3rd from Green Bay as being a possible value for Payne.

I don't know. I would love to extend him, but if he's being shipped off DT immediately becomes a need, and we still don't have the damn picks to hit our needs already. 

I'd be surprised if they could get more than a 3rd rounder for Payne, if he was early playing on his rookie contract maybe a 2nd.  He's been a good player but he's really never mentioned as one of the top tackles in the league, he hasn't sniffed a pro bowl.  I agree with some he's underrated but I don't think he's a blow the doors off type of player where teams would give up a ton to get. 

• Like 1

If this is true... and it feels like it might be then you need to see if you can pull off a quality trade. Mind you, losing Ion, Settle, and Payne all in one year would be devastating and an example of malpractice. Where's the overall plan? The player management? You shouldn't go from a strength to a wasteland.

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1

Hahahahahahaha

This stupid team.  Truly one of the absolute dumbest in the league…in all of sports actually.

Snyder is broke.  He doesn’t have the cash to pay all these dudes the signing bonuses and if he’s going to stay the owner the 17 GMs need to start factoring that into the decision making.

They spent all their money on Wentz.  Skipping free agency and losing Payne are the collateral damage.  I hope the Wentz cheerleader squad realizes that by trading for him you just flushed two years of “building the roster” down the toilet.  They’ll keep Terry because the 5 remaining fans would revolt.

LOL at this stupid team.

4CA12946-E8CF-4E9A-B422-86DB051F9A00.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Jesus. Not again. If the guy isnt in our future plans trade him. This crap is really getting old. 

Only this team could find a way to neither sign him or trade him, while simultaneously letting 2/4 of their DL depth walk out the door the previous offseason.

A good team would have already traded him for a 2nd rounder and extended his replacement at a bargain, whereas we’ll likely lose all of the above for nothing and then burn a draft pick that could have been used elsewhere on their replacements. Our mismanagement is historic and somehow transcends regime changes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Trade Payne for 53 and 140 with Green Bay.

Trade 11 and 113 to New Orleans for 16 and 49

Trade 49 to Green Bay for 50 and 121

16. Jordan Davis, DT Georgia

47. Christian Harris, LB Alabama

50. John Metchie, WR Alabama

53. Jaylen Pitre, S Baylor

121. Brian Robinson, RB Alabama

140. Rasheed Walker, OT Penn State

189. Marcus Jones, CB Houston

230. Thomas Booker, DT Stanford

240. Peyton Hendershot, TE Indiana

OR

Trade 11, Daron Payne to Green Bay for 22, 28 and 59

Trade 47 to Buffalo for 57 and 89

22. Chris Olave, WR Ohio State

28. Lewis Cine, S Georgia

57. Christian Harris, LB Alabama

59. Phidarian Mathis, DT Alabama

89. Rasheed Walker, OT Penn State

113. Brian Robinson, RB Alabama

189. Jaylen Wydermeyer, TE Texas A&M

230. Derion Kendrick, CB Georgia

240. Thomas Booker, DT Stanford

• Like 1

This news about Daron coming as I'm watching the IDL class makes me nervous.  This is not a very good or deep IDL class.  There is one truly special one in Davis, there is another really good one in Hall but he's not a 1 tech, and there is another who is pretty good in Jones but he's definitely not as good as Daron.  And then there are three more that have their moments in Wyatt, Winfrey, and Uwazurike but none of them are 1 techs.  And then there is one more guy who is OK in Mathis, but he is a far lesser player than Daron.  And then after that it's all fliers.  Jones is the floor for a 1 tech who can start as a rookie, and he'll probably be gone before 47.

We're gutting the interiors of lines.  These feel like unforced errors.

Edited by Going Commando
  • Like 7

What Payne worth for draft picks? 

Who would replace him with?

I know we have an Fa offer out to the dt on buffalo. I guess the uconn dt fits for us. I don't know if the Oklahoma Dt does. I

I hope management knows something we don't. 

Edited by Redskins 2021