Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

12 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Give me Cine>Hamilton. Better in coverage 

I have a hard time with this one but I guess it would depend on how a team plans to use the player...or the scheme they use I perhaps should say

I could agree more if this was Cine and another player gained in a trade down > Hamilton 

I can’t wait to see everyone’s lists. Mine is getting closer to being finalized. So many changes from version 1, so many additions. Been going back and watching guys a second and third time. 

Seeing new guys. 

It’s hard to get a great list together when you cram all of your scouting into 3 weeks :ols:

But I feel like I have a good handle on the top half of the class.

Edited by KDawg

Interesting note on Damone Clark.

He was granted to wear number 18. The number that is only given to players that exhibit leadership on the team. He was the heartbeat of the LSU defense and an excellent teammate apparently.

I'd love if he were our LB pick in the later rounds coupled with a post-draft free agent signing while he recovers from the surgery. As far as late rounders go he's my favorite, but would be just as happy with Brandon Smith or Darrian Beavers. Beavers is interesting because he's a former DE and can add some pass rush.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Sign me up! The Texans have some tasty draft capital I'd like us to get our hands on.

@KDawg

Where do you have Tariq Castro-Fields on your CB rankings? I like the kid.

Not top 10. I like him, think he’s developmental. He’s tackling drives me crazy and he doesn’t get off blocks by using his hands enough to my liking but I think he has a lot of room for growth.

• Like 1

Also... Really starting buy the Carson Strong hype.

Rolling with Wentz while Carson Strongs knee fully rehabs and accepts the cadaver cartilage.... But also being a low enough pick to not bruise Wentz's ego in the meantime sounds really ideal. And he's healthy enough to still be a camp arm.

If we clearly target him in the draft with manuevering and it turns out it was our plan all along I will be quite impressed.

• Thumb up 1

I don’t care what they do but since I play a lot of dynasty I have studied the receivers and here you go, you’re welcome:

Jameson

gap

Wilson

big gap

Olave 

London and Burks are busts.  These non-separators are getting phased out.  Watson needs a good landing spot.  Dotson, Pickens, Bell, Skyy…bleh.  

Jameson is special.  Wilson can attack and go get it..has some Steve Smith to him.  Olave reminds me of Victor Cruz.  I’m sure another guy or two deeper in the draft will pop but I’m just looking at the top of the list right now.

Of course Washington will take London though.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Also... Really starting buy the Carson Strong hype.

Rolling with Wentz while Carson Strongs knee fully rehabs and accepts the cadaver cartilage.... But also being a low enough pick to not bruise Wentz's ego in the meantime sounds really ideal. And he's healthy enough to still be a camp arm.

If we clearly target him in the draft with manuevering and it turns out it was our plan all along I will be quite impressed.

As long as a trade down has already occurred and they have multiple day 2 picks to use on other needs.

With the NFL moved on to a 17 game schedule, depth is more important than ever. Drafting is more important than ever.

You can't run a RB into the ground for 17 games, you need at least two swing backups on the OL that can start any given week and do a good job of it (were pretty good in this regard). And I also think it's why you see teams going 3 deep at high caliber WRs. Depth is the name of the game now.

Luckily, this is the perfect draft to build that depth of starters waiting in the wings. 

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

With the NFL moved on to a 17 game schedule, depth is more important than ever. Drafting is more important than ever.

You can't run a RB into the ground for 17 games, you need at least two swing backups on the OL that can start any given week and do a good job of it (were pretty good in this regard). And I also think it's why you see teams going 3 deep at high caliber WRs. Depth is the name of the game now.

Luckily, this is the perfect draft to build that depth of starters waiting in the wings. 

Its one game dude.  Depth has always been critical.

• Like 1

After rewatching Jahan Dotson, I'd take him over Olave. So for the people worried about "getting cute" and missing Olave after a trade back...I wouldn't even care because Dotson is as good a player if not better.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Cine.  Love Hamilton more.  But I'd still rather have a WR at 11 -- London, Wilson or Williams -- if his health checks out. 

I'd take it a step further, id take Cine OR Dax Hill over Hamilton. Dax Hill has the same wingspan as Hamilton and is 4 inches shorter. Dax Hill has that next gear that Hamilton doesn't. Both him and Cine are gonna be great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever A Redskin said:

After rewatching Jahan Dotson, I'd take him over Olave. So for the people worried about "getting cute" and missing Olave after a trade back...I wouldn't even care because Dotson is as good a player if not better.

I'd go Olave a hair over both Dotson but IMO they are sort of in that same peg quality wise so I agree I am not sweating in a trade down if Olave is there or not.  

I used to think 50-50 chance they trade down, now I think the chances are slimmer because of what it seems like supply-demand issues as for trading down. 

47 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I don’t care what they do but since I play a lot of dynasty I have studied the receivers and here you go, you’re welcome:

Jameson

gap

Wilson

big gap

Olave 

London and Burks are busts.  These non-separators are getting phased out.  Watson needs a good landing spot.  Dotson, Pickens, Bell, Skyy…bleh.  

Jameson is special.  Wilson can attack and go get it..has some Steve Smith to him.  Olave reminds me of Victor Cruz.  I’m sure another guy or two deeper in the draft will pop but I’m just looking at the top of the list right now.

Of course Washington will take London though.

hopefully we’re that lucky that they take him ;)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I'd take it a step further, id take Cine OR Dax Hill over Hamilton. Dax Hill has the same wingspan as Hamilton and is 4 inches shorter. Dax Hill has that next gear that Hamilton doesn't. Both him and Cine are gonna be great.

I posted weeks back here about the wingspan when hyping Daxton Hill.   But still he doesn't have Hamilton's size.

Hill has been one of my favorite players in this draft for a long time.  Cine has been one of my favorites too but for not as long.

The deeper though I dive into Hamilton and i've dove pretty deep now, the more I like him -- I've been spending that time because I think there is a good chance he's our pick.

I think the generational label from the mock draft community is hyperbole.  But IMO he will be a great player and likely the best safety in this class.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

hopefully we’re that lucky that they take him ;)

Yeah as the draft gets closer if feels like London or Hamilton.  Darkhorse bets would be J Williams, Olave, one of the tackles.

the irony seems to be for me I think I've spent more time defending London and Hamilton than any other player.  So I gather some people will be unhappy with this draft.

For me, its definitely London as to my top want.  If they are willing to bet on Williams, I'd get jazzed just because I love the player when healthy and will just hope their doctors are right.    Hamilton i am cool with too albiet he's not my first choice.  

My biggest fear is they take Olave at 11.  I don't dislike him.  I do like him.  But it feels like a little of a reach.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah as the draft gets closer if feels like London or Hamilton.  Darkhorse bets would be J Williams, Olave, one of the tackles.

the irony seems to be for me I think I've spent more time defending London and Hamilton than any other player.  So I gather some people will be unhappy with this draft.

For me, its definitely London as to my top want.  If they are willing to bet on Williams, I'd get jazzed just because I love the player when healthy and will just hope their doctors are are right.    Hamilton i am cool with too albiet he's not my first choice.  

My biggest fear is they take Olave at 11.  I don't dislike him.  I do like him.  But it feels like a little of a reach.

Same. And I like Dotson more than Olave. Not as fast but so much more physical. And I wouldn’t want Dotson at 11, either. 

The separation thing with London is so overblown.

But I’ve defended him so often here I’m tired of repeating myself. Hopefully we draft him and the naysayers convert.

• Like 3