Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Massage therapists sue Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson; he calls allegations 'baseless'

Taylor 36

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

As details of these other cases start coming out, it's not looking good for Watson. 

Yeah, I always take the wait and see, innocent until proven guilty approach, but this isn't looking good for him right now.

The 3rd lawsuit is a sexual assault allegation from December.

Where’s smoke; there’s fire??

The lawyer bringing up all these cases, is a big Texans fan. Might even have ties to the owner?

Could he be gumming things up; making Watson untraceable? 

Is Watson guilty?

Stayed tuned.

There’s a clear pattern and a long list of victims claiming similar encounters with Watson.  Deshaun Watson is going to need a lot of very compelling evidence to convince the public he hasn’t been sexually assaulting random massage therapists he chose on Instagram.  The public likes to grant famous men a lot of benefit of the doubt, too much, but with this many people filing lawsuits... outraged statements to the effect of “I would never!” aren’t going to work.  

10 hours ago, Destino said:

There’s a clear pattern and a long list of victims claiming similar encounters with Watson.  Deshaun Watson is going to need a lot of very compelling evidence to convince the public he hasn’t been sexually assaulting random massage therapists he chose on Instagram.  The public likes to grant famous men a lot of benefit of the doubt, too much, but with this many people filing lawsuits... outraged statements to the effect of “I would never!” aren’t going to work.  

I'm still not convinced that multiple accusations means he's guilty, or even close to that possibility.

And even with multiple people claiming to be victims, if you expect it to go to criminal trial, the burden of proof is much higher than a civil one.

OJ Criminal Trial vs OJ Civil Trial is a good example

So far, there is reasonable doubt. Or enough doubt to prevent indictment.

Also, and this is big : So far, all we've heard from is the Prosecution. We havn't even heard a single piece of evidence from the defense.

It's sad that it works like that in the media pre-trial. And it's not fair. And no wonder it's so difficult to find impartial jurors.

But damning accusations are allowed to fly against him, from the media and social media. All while he hasn't even had a chance to produce evidence of his own.

So basically we've got on the "prosecution side" : Accusations and Zero Evidence vs The Defense who so far, has : No chance of even providing evidence.

12 hours ago, Destino said:

So....sheer amount of people saying something then makes it more likely to be true? This is the problem with society now. Hell, we can all here claim Dan snyder has done such acts...doesn't mean it's true because we all say it

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

So....sheer amount of people saying something then makes it more likely to be true? This is the problem with society now. Hell, we can all here claim Dan snyder has done such acts...doesn't mean it's true because we all say it

The more evidence of a crime, the stronger the case right?

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm still not convinced that multiple accusations means he's guilty, or even close to that possibility.

And even with multiple people claiming to be victims, if you expect it to go to criminal trial, the burden of proof is much higher than a civil one.

OJ Criminal Trial vs OJ Civil Trial is a good example

Multiple accusations doesn’t mean he’s guilty, but it’s a hell of a strong case.  If 12 people were physically present when OJ murdered his victims and testified that they saw him do it, he wouldn’t have gotten away with murder. 

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So far, there is reasonable doubt. Or enough doubt to prevent indictment.

Also, and this is big : So far, all we've heard from is the Prosecution. We havn't even heard a single piece of evidence from the defense.

It's sad that it works like that in the media pre-trial. And it's not fair. And no wonder it's so difficult to find impartial jurors.

That’s why I wrote “Deshaun Watson is going to need a lot of very compelling evidence”.  Maybe he can give us a reason to believe that all of these women, that have no connections to each other other than Deshaun Watson, are just making it all up.  It’s going to take a hell of a lot more than assuring us he’s not that kind of guy though.  

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

Multiple accusations doesn’t mean he’s guilty, but it’s a hell of a strong case.  If 12 people were physically present when OJ murdered his victims and testified that they saw him do it, he wouldn’t have gotten away with murder. 

That’s why I wrote “Deshaun Watson is going to need a lot of very compelling evidence”.  Maybe he can give us a reason to believe that all of these women, that have no connections to each other other than Deshaun Watson, are just making it all up.  It’s going to take a hell of a lot more than assuring us he’s not that kind of guy though.  

This could be like Cosby. Where's smoke there's fire.  Or this could be a scam designed to prevent Watson from being traded anywhere and go after his money.

Multiple women making accusations; isn't a good thing.  it's gets worse if this goes into the criminal realm. One person is claiming sexual assaults.

19 hours ago, Destino said:

Its different when you have 12 actual witnesses witness something at the same time. Its different when a story drops in the media and more, similar stories come out. I'm not saying they're lying, I'm not saying anything, but I think we've over corrected from "victim blaming" to "victim believing". The fact that just a single accusation can ruin someone's life, I think more evidence should be presented to the public before these accusations are presented as fact.

Also, I've never understood why the public isn't allowed to ask about the timing of accusations. You can't ask why the victim decided to come forward at the time they did. I understand that it isn't for us to decide for a victim, but I think that is a legitimate question.

On 3/20/2021 at 5:47 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Or this could be a scam designed to prevent Watson from being traded anywhere and go after his money.

I mean, it's possible the Texans owner and new management may be stooges like Bruce Allen, but it serves no purpose for them to do this. They'll never get a draft pick for him now when they could have had a complete haul of picks. The only upside is getting out of paying his contract for a violation of the personal conduct policy. However, it they weren't going to trade him, scamming him serves no organizational purpose. It's likely possible Watson did all of these things, they luck out on the finances and get screwed on any possible compensation they would have gotten for trading him. 

This could be like Cosby. Where's smoke there's fire.  Or this could be a scam designed to prevent Watson from being traded anywhere and go after his money.

Multiple women making accusations; isn't a good thing.  it's gets worse if this goes into the criminal realm. One person is claiming sexual assaults.

I agree, this feels like Cosby.  With Cosby, it wasn't just that there were multiple accusations, it was that they were consistent with their stories about what happened.  

People that do this don't do it at random, there are patterns and consistencies with how they operate.  And unfortunately it looks like Deshaun Watson has some patterns to what he's been doing.  

I agree overall with the notion that he needs his day in court, as do his accusers.  But it doesn't look good for him right now.  

Obviously he deserves his day in court, but the consistencies in the allegations by so many people whose only connection is that they were hired for massages by Watson is alarming to say the least.  Unless his legal team can piece together a network of scheming and collusion, no matter the outcome in court, he’s forever a creep in the minds of the public.

Masseuses providing ‘extras’ has been a thing since before I was born.  Obviously not all of them.  Sounds like Watson became accustomed to the extras and expected them from everyone he hired.

Wild to me what public figures seem to think they can get away with.  It’s even more odd when said public figures could have some of the most beautiful women in the world at their beck and call, yet go to these lengths.

Dude, stop.  The team isn't conspiring to make Watson untradeable by potentially making him a sex offender.

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I never in a thousand years would have thought Deshaun Watson was the type of dude to be involved in something like this. Seems like a good humble dude. 

That's what is so troubling in my eyes.  Not that I am assuming Watson is guilty; I'll wait for him to have his day before jumping to any conclusions, but most of the time when **** like this happens, it is people you would never expect that are the ones behind it.

12 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I never in a thousand years would have thought Deshaun Watson was the type of dude to be involved in something like this. Seems like a good humble dude. 

Bill Cosby was "America's Dad," remember?

Sadly, my impression is that this type of behavior has long been too common in big-time athletics. These guys are the "big men on campus", starting in high school, and historically were forgiven almost anything as long as they produced in the game.

If I had even a spare $200k, I am sure I could convince everyone that I am one step away from the Pope.  There's probably someone in agencies and agents that shines athletes images.

Also, athletes as a whole have been way more professional as time goes on and the business fact of sports gets larger.  

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is why an athlete and the pinnacle of a sport would need to do something like this to get action. I'm not saying he did or didn't do what he is accused of doing, I just don't understand why you would when you probably have women throwing themselves at you regularly. 

It goes along with athletes drunk driving. You are making millions of dollars and have Bentleys in your garage. Hire a chauffeur for crying out loud. You're not even supposed to drive a Bentley, you're supposed to be driven in one.

Archived