Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

The Falcons and Houston Texans have executed a trade.  The Houston Texans receive pick 187 and the Falcons receive picks 195 and 212

With the 187th pick the Houston Texans Select Ian Book QB Notre Dame

Again maybe a bit high, and could have been there in  8 selections but with the run on QBs that has taken place...the Texans could not afford to go into the season with only Ryan Finley as the only QB that may be allowed to play after recent criminal charges being looked into.  If nothing materializes with Watson, excellent, the Texans have their backup qb of the future.

Edited by thelongestbreath
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, skinfan57 said:

It's pick 189 so it's the Eagles will go out on a limb.

Sam Ehlinger, QB Texas. 

We need competition at the position, especially for clipboard holder.

I couldn't make up my mind between Ehlinger or Book.  Ultimately I took Book only because I felt he offered a bit more of the leadership attributes than Sam did during their collegiate career

With the 190th pick in the 2021 ES Mock Draft the WFT select Austin Watkins Jr. WR 6'2 207lbs. the next Anquan Bolden.....
The cousin of NFL receiver Sammy Watkins and former Florida made his own name in 2019 with the Blazers. He led the team in receiving, with 57 catches for 1,092 yards (19.2 per) and six touchdowns in 14 games (10 starts) on his way to second-team All-Conference USA accolades. Watkins was a first-team all-conference pick as a senior, starting all seven games and again leading UAB in receiving (34 receptions, 468 yards, 13.8 average, three touchdowns). He accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Watkins began his collegiate career at Dodge City Community College, where he contributed in both seasons with the Conquistadors (24 receptions, 330 yards, four touchdowns in 2017). The Fort Myers, Florida product enrolled at UAB in 2018 but redshirted after playing the first four games as a reserve (seven receptions, 82 yards, 11.7 average). -- by Chad Reuter
NFL Comparison
Gabriel Davis
Overview
Big wideout with above-average hands and good physicality who could take a big step forward if he can improve consistency of his tracking and ball skills down the field. Watkins shows good build-up speed for his size and has enough athleticism to run basic routes on the first two levels. He can use size and strength to battle against press corners looking to blanket him underneath. In addition, he has the frame and hand strength to make contested catches. He's good at finding the soft spots in zone and is a wide, reliable target quarterbacks can depend on. Watkins needs more polish to clearly define his role, but he could be a solid middle-round pick with future value as a WR3.
check the link at the bottom for what a former WR in the NFL thinks of this guy..
Strengths
  • Big body with above-average athletic ability for his size.
  • Route-running made noticeable improvements in 2020.
  • Plays with desired physicality at top of the route.
  • Forces his way across coverage's face despite inside leverage.
  • Fearless working into traffic for combat catches.
  • Quick to find soft spot of the zone and present to quarterback.
  • Partitions off nosey corners with big frame at catch point.
  • Goes low to pull it off the grass or high to pick it off defender's helmet.
  • Strong hands for catch security and one-handed grabs.
  • Instant transition from catch to run.
  • Size, strength and speed forced defensive interference penalties.
Weaknesses
  • Shorter wingspan for his size.
  • Missing acceleration to separate versus NFL press on outside release.
  • Needs longer runway to gather his weight into breaks.
  • Can do a better job of holding top position.
  • Needs to track and work back to underthrown balls.
  • Didn't help break up interceptions when he had a chance.
  • Will see an abundance of contested catches.
  • Below-average run-after-catch talent.
  • Doesn't lock in to sustain run blocks, more of a puncher.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/austin-watkins-jr/32005741-5430-2971-6030-0ad0cb210399

@KillBill26 on the clock

@Davistron20 on deck

@Gallen5862 in the wings

@skinfan57 coming soon

@goskins10 coming soon

@Redskins Reparations coming soon

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

I loved what I saw from Rhamondre on tape but some of his Pro Day numbers could be a killer for his stock I'm afraid - though his cone time seemed pretty darn good. It's a difficult conundrum for scouts and teams. Paris Ford and Rhamondre play hard and fast from my perspective when watching them. I hope they get the chance to realize their NFL dreams though. Be a shame to completely write them off for purely athletic testing purposes but we'll see.

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Gotcha. Bench I guess I could see but that can be improved at the next level. And he 40 while a bit slow for RBs I thought was not too bad for a guy like him. Oh well, we will see. I could see him going as high comp picks in the 3rd but realistically he likely goes late 4th. He is an interesting prospect. One of those well jsut not sure if his game translates but if it does, you have some really nice upside. 

I didn't look at Ford as much. So not much for me to say there. I was sure he would be gone before I was ready to go RB unless someone really high fell to me. 

Completely unconcerned about those pro day numbers.  40-yard dash is for breakaway speed after you've beaten the defense.  Most of an RB's job takes place in traffic between the tackles, and that's what I'm drafting him for.  Will he score a 90-yard TD?  No.  But he'll pick up first downs, and he'll beat down the defense in the process.  As far as the bench press is concerned, that's not too big a deal to me, either.  It's  a nice indicator to use to try to figure out who should get a second look, but I think he shows plenty of game strength on tape, which I think matters more than the endurance of his pectoral muscles.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

I couldn't make up my mind between Ehlinger or Book.  Ultimately I took Book only because I felt he offered a bit more of the leadership attributes than Sam did during their collegiate career

I was looking at Book as well and like the pick.