Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

With the 210th pick, and their final selection for 2021, the Baltimore Ravens take...
CAMRYN BYNUM - CB - CALIFORNIA

"Four-year starter and two-time captain of the Cal football team. Tough, instinctive cornerback with terrific ball skills. Quick flipping his hips, loses nothing in transition, and rarely makes mental mistakes or gets beaten on the field. Plays heads-up football, possesses next-level ball skills and awareness, and displays excellent hands for the interception. Rarely challenged by opposing quarterbacks. Plays faster than his 40 time, takes proper angles, and gives effort defending the run. Squares and wraps up tackling." 
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/camryn-bynum-nfl-draft-player-profile-cal-cornerback/

img_11394500.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

@Davistron20 and the boys are on deck 

@tibbidoe and the Rams soon - I have their pick unless there is a trade. 

@duffy and the Ravens soon

@drowland and the brownies soon

@goskins10 and the Falcons soon

@Capt'n Obvious and the Bills soon

@PokerPacker and the cheese heads soon

For those playing along - we are at a decent pace - just about even with last year. At then of the 2nd Tuesday of the draft we were had 217 picks in the books. Right now we have 207. We were about 25 behind so considering we paused for Easter (we finished before Easter last year) we are doing well. But let's finish with a flurry. 

Someone brought up a ES Mock 2.0. I am up for that. I have a suggestion that instead of the same teams - we do a random draw for teams. And no one gets the same team they had. This gives 2 different perspectives for each team and challenges our boards. We have our original boards jsut need to research team needs.

Give everyone 24 hrs to get ready and go for it. Just a thought. 

What would be interesting is people are assigned a specific number in each round... 

And they draft for whoever is there. It'll wind up being more of a big board than it would be a "contest" but it would make it kind of fresh. Most of the time you'd wind up picking for the same team anyways. For comp picks its the team that has #1 and then just go in order for each comp pick. Each round resets it.

So if I have #1 overall, I also have #33, etc.

Something like that, or just a giant big board where we try our best not to reach and we rank each prospect as a group would be fun. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

What would be interesting is people are assigned a specific number in each round... 

And they draft for whoever is there. It'll wind up being more of a big board than it would be a "contest" but it would make it kind of fresh. Most of the time you'd wind up picking for the same team anyways. For comp picks its the team that has #1 and then just go in order for each comp pick. Each round resets it.

So if I have #1 overall, I also have #33, etc.

Something like that, or just a giant big board where we try our best not to reach and we rank each prospect as a group would be fun. 

Or, depending on how many people, they pick every certain number. For example if we had 20 GMs then everyone makes every 20th pick.

With pick #211 the Cleveland Browns select Tre Brown, CB - Oklahoma.

Brown's undersized but feisty and quick.  Plays bigger then he is and has a knack for making big plays.  He also brings kick return ability.  

• Like 4

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Or, depending on how many people, they pick every certain number. For example if we had 20 GMs then everyone makes every 20th pick.

I would like this. The problem I see with assigning GMs a specific pick # is the comp picks make it complicated. This way you could pick all over the draft even if you picked 1st. 

So either this or randomly draw teams. 

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

yup. No limit or restrictions on numbers makes that a fun concept. 

17 minutes ago, drowland said:

With pick #211 the Cleveland Browns select Tre Brown, CB - Oklahoma.

Brown's undersized but feisty and quick.  Plays bigger then he is and has a knack for making big plays.  He also brings kick return ability.  

He was on my short list for this round.

I think I read he excels in man-coverage, I thought that would be an interesting late round look from the WFT on this guy.

• Like 3

With the 212th pick the Atlanta Falcons select Brenden Jaimes, OT Nebraska. 

While major work needs to be done on defense, the interior line on the offense is a need. We like Brenden to immediately provide depth at both T and G. But he will be given a chance to start at LG where we have a big hole. 

image.png.284ecb6a519092e429dedee7468ea612.png

@Capt'n Obviousand the bill are on the clock. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Davistron20 said:

He was on my short list for this round.

I think I read he excels in man-coverage, I thought that would be an interesting late round look from the WFT on this guy.

Yep man coverage is his strength and he would be a nice get for WFT in the later rounds.  His return ability might bump him up a round though.  

I actually thought about Brown with my 2nd pick in the 4th but the Browns don't play a lot of man coverage.  They're mostly in cover 3 and need DBs with more length so I went with Keith Taylor after getting Trill Williams in the 3rd.  But I'll take Brown sitting here in the 6th.  Guys with his explosive return ability tend to go in the middle rounds.

Edited by drowland
  • Like 1

I would like this. The problem I see with assigning GMs a specific pick # is the comp picks make it complicated. This way you could pick all over the draft even if you picked 1st. 

That's what makes it fun. You may end up with the first pick of the first and the last pick of the third.

• Like 1

I'm ok either way.  But if we are just assigning a pick #, incorporating comp picks doesn't make sense to me.  If we have 20 gms, we do 13 rounds, and select 260 players.  In the same order each round.

Then we can calculate our score based on differential between our pick and when the player is actually selected in the real draft.  Getting the 1st pick would actually be a bad thing, no way to gain points!

24 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

That's what makes it fun. You may end up with the first pick of the first and the last pick of the third.

Maybe do a snake draft?  

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Maybe do a snake draft?  

The only downside to that is the commish having to reorganize all the picks because comp picks screw up the normal order.

Just now, thelongestbreath said:

Or we all do a 259 person draft, winner based on selection percentage correct?

Not sure everyone would be down with a 259 person draft 😂

jesus.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm ok either way.  But if we are just assigning a pick #, incorporating comp picks doesn't make sense to me.  If we have 20 gms, we do 13 rounds, and select 260 players.  In the same order each round.

Then we can calculate our score based on differential between our pick and when the player is actually selected in the real draft.  Getting the 1st pick would actually be a bad thing, no way to gain points!

Maybe I was not clear about what I was talking about.  No issue if GMs are assigned 1-20 say. And we start the rotation over every 20 picks. So the person who gets #1, also gets #21, #41, etc.  So comp picks jsut get rolled in .I like that approach.

What I was saying the comp pick would be an issue is earlier someone had suggested we assign GMs say the 7th pick of every round. So if you #7, you get Rd 1-pick 7, rd 2 pick 7 etc. With comp picks, there are not the same number of picks per rounds the comp picks would make it complicated. Hope that clears it up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The only downside to that is the commish having to reorganize all the picks because comp picks screw up the normal order.

I don't understand why incorporate comp picks if we aren't drafting for a team?  Is it basically to just eliminate taking into account team needs, but we would still be assigned a particular team's draft slots?