Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buzzfeed: A Father-To-Be Died In An Explosion Caused By A Gender-Reveal Device

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I'm not really for or against "gender reveal" stuff. But I am against building explosives in your home, especially with other people present. That's just asking for Darwin to come knocking.

Not a Darwin award for that, though, since they've already procreated.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Not a Darwin award for that, though, since they've already procreated.

Not sure following your logic....

Procreation is not a factor that excludes you from Darwin...

Dumb, ignorant people can procreate..hell my wife has 5 sisters that have proved that...multiple times...with multiple men...

Yes, you may all throw up now...

Edit: should also add...none are married to any of the kids fathers....1 was before she cheated on him with half the neighborhood and I wish I was exaggerating. ..now you may go throw up...

Edited by Xameil

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Not sure following your logic....

Procreation is not a factor that excludes you from Darwin...

Dumb, ignorant people can procreate..hell my wife has 5 sisters that have proved that...multiple times...with multiple men...

Yes, you may all throw up now...

Edit: should also add...none are married to any of the kids fathers....1 was before she cheated on him with half the neighborhood and I wish I was exaggerating. ..now you may go throw up...

The idea of the Darwin Awards is that you are removed from the gene pool.  So you can win an award by dying or by being castrated, but if you've already procreated, you've continued your genetic line and thus have not been removed from the gene pool.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

The idea of the Darwin Awards is that you are removed from the gene pool.  So you can win an award by dying or by being castrated, but if you've already procreated, you've continued your genetic line and thus have not been removed from the gene pool.

OK....but to my knowledge that was never a pre-requisite, albeit it probably should have been. You die from being stupid you get the award wether you have kids or not.

If you all of a sudden put that rule in then absolute brainiacs like the guy who died from strapping a missile on his car will have to give the award back, and that's just sad because he really deserved it.

There is nothing at all wrong with gender reveal parties. It's not throwing a party that's causing injuries and--in this case at least--death.

I remember every nanosecond of when my ex-wife and I found out she was pregnant...we called everyone on the phone to tell them except my dad, who we took out to dinner to tell him. I remember everyone's reactions at the news. To this day it still makes me smile.

When we found out we were having a girl, I don't even remember when I found out...no part of finding out sticks out in my mind. Her obstetrician told us, I'm pretty sure lol...I also don't remember how we told anyone else or what their reactions were. I guess if we had a gender reveal party it would stick out.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, balki1867 said:

Imagine explaining to your kid that he/she doesn't know his parent/grandparent/whoever because their gender reveal party went awry.

I would tell the kid that they "died in the war."  I would not specify how or which war.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would tell the kid that they "died in the war."  I would not specify how or which war.  

Little known fact....

All those grandparents and parents of GenX that died in "the war" were actually results of gender reveal parties. It was so traumatic that gender reveal parties had to go underground until recently.

image.png.b3277345c28535352d860c83a12c7e4d.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It was the war on stupidity, and they’re on  the wrong side.  So basically it’s the civil war all over again

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

"You see son, we were in the height of the culture war. We had just suffered humiliating self-defeats on the Potatohead front and the Seuss offensive. We had to make damn sure that everybody knew exactly what your genitals were, so when your grandpa fatally crashed his plane into the water to announce something that could have been simply said with words, we knew that for a brief moment, we had owned those libs what good."

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

Kinda curious to see a death count for gender reveal parties

I think we should do the research on this, gather everyone together, and reveal the number of gender reveal deaths in some sort of explosive based ceremony.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The need fo everyone to know your business is something i'll never understand.
Shame it happened, but with everyone such an attention whore anymore, it's no surprise this happened. Maybe the way it happened is shocking, but not really.
Ah, who am I kidding.
Getting a couple thousand strangers to press a thumbs up is worth all of it.

when my son was born, I was cautioned by a friend in law enforcement investigations to not put anything outside your house to announce the birth.

Turns out babies are worth a lot of money, and the people who steal them are in more places than you'd imagine.

remember what privacy is. I know we have a limited expectation of it anymore, but you actually ARE allowed to keep some personal things to yourself.

~Bang

• Like 5

Hey Ashley, nobody cares about the gender of your stupid ****ing baby. Jake, there's no reason to light off TNT to discover which way you're going to ruin this poor kid's life. Gender reveals are dumb excuses to party. The over the top **** is ridiculous.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 3