Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

Saturday voting barred in US Senate runoff after Ga. holidays

Early voting won’t be allowed on a Saturday before the U.S. Senate runoff in Georgia because it’s the day after the state holiday formerly known as Robert E. Lee’s Birthday and two days after Thanksgiving.

Georgia election officials said this weekend that state law prohibits in-person early voting on Saturdays if a holiday is within two days beforehand.

The restriction on Saturday voting leaves five days of required in-person early voting on the weekdays before the Dec. 6 runoffs. County governments will have the option to offer up to three more early voting days starting the day after the results of the initial election are certified, potentially on the Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Sunday afterward.

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger had said last week that voters would have a Saturday voting opportunity before the runoff, but his office’s attorneys later learned it wasn’t allowed under state law.

“It’s not our choice. It’s literally in black-letter law that the Saturday following a state holiday cannot be used for early voting,” said Interim Deputy Secretary of State Gabriel Sterling. “We all thought there was going to be Saturday voting until we looked at the law really closely.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

You know when this is all said and over we’re gonna have friends or family we have an honest conversation about how far down the dumb hole they went

somewhere near the bottom you’ll be like

”did you buy a mypillow?”

I'm not sure

Somehow I think they go to their graves denying it ever happened or that they took any part in it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

You know when this is all said and over we’re gonna have friends or family we have an honest conversation about how far down the dumb hole they went

somewhere near the bottom you’ll be like

”did you buy a mypillow?”

*shuts the bedroom door*
"No..." :unsure:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I have an uncle that just yesterday claimed COVID-20 (20?) is being spread by chemtrails from airplanes that you see plain as day.  The last round of covid was just to get us used to giving up our rights and next one will be to enslave us.

I hope they hang themselves in shame.

I kind of wish I had it this bad.  Don’t have the full on, bat**** crazy.  Mine are the ones that hide the fact they will vote for literally any R that goes up there (yes, even Herschel if they were in the right state) because of latent stupidity that can never be cured.  

Those are the worst ones if you ask me.  Give me the crazies, at least I won’t feel bad about it.  I’ll just cut them off.  But noooooo, I have to pretend they’re still sane and be forced to walk a line of civility that makes ME feel like a prick.

They’re juuuust smart enough to shut up about it.    And juuuust dumb enough to not see how ****ed up the GOP is.  And *truly* well intentioned about it all.  Drives me bonkers.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I have an uncle that just yesterday claimed COVID-20 (20?) is being spread by chemtrails from airplanes that you see plain as day.  The last round of covid was just to get us used to giving up our rights and next one will be to enslave us.

I hope they hang themselves in shame.

I lean in. Next time whisper “the chemtrails are vaccine. THEY need to male sure they get everyone. EVERYONE.”  Then wink. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

19 hours ago, China said:

Saturday voting barred in US Senate runoff after Ga. holidays

Early voting won’t be allowed on a Saturday before the U.S. Senate runoff in Georgia because it’s the day after the state holiday formerly known as Robert E. Lee’s Birthday and two days after Thanksgiving.

Georgia election officials said this weekend that state law prohibits in-person early voting on Saturdays if a holiday is within two days beforehand.

The restriction on Saturday voting leaves five days of required in-person early voting on the weekdays before the Dec. 6 runoffs. County governments will have the option to offer up to three more early voting days starting the day after the results of the initial election are certified, potentially on the Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Sunday afterward.

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger had said last week that voters would have a Saturday voting opportunity before the runoff, but his office’s attorneys later learned it wasn’t allowed under state law.

“It’s not our choice. It’s literally in black-letter law that the Saturday following a state holiday cannot be used for early voting,” said Interim Deputy Secretary of State Gabriel Sterling. “We all thought there was going to be Saturday voting until we looked at the law really closely.”

Of course! There was absolutely no way that a group of legislators sitting around with The Heritage Foundation/ALEC's arm up their butts had any idea this would nix Saturday voting in a runoff. Just like they had no idea it would make registering to vote between the general election and the runoff impossible. They're just some poor saps sitting around with no idea what they're doing, so cut them a break folks. It was all purely coincidental. Just like the shrinking number of polling places and drop boxes in certain parts of the state.

FWIW, during the early voting period, you can vote anywhere in your county. So, I generally drive to the less melanin-rich parts of the county to avoid the lines and to take a bit of work off the overcrowded polling places.

• Sad 2

Kari Lake Furious After Arizona Awards Her Participation Trophy

The former television anchorwoman Kari Lake became enraged after the state of Arizona attempted to present her with a participation trophy for her unsuccessful gubernatorial campaign.

According to the Arizona state constitution, every losing candidate for statewide office is entitled to such a trophy, as well as an eight-by-eleven-inch “certificate of participation,” suitable for framing.

After a state official tried to bestow the trophy on Lake at her campaign headquarters, she snarled at the six-inch plastic figurine and drop-kicked it across the room.

Refusing to concede defeat, Lake instead lashed out at the woman who had just vanquished her. “Katie Hobbs is totally unqualified to lead Arizona into the nineteenth century,” she said.

• Haha 11

• Cooked Crack changed the title to Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. The only person still talking about red tsunami is me with these title changes.)

5 hours ago, China said:

Well, better get used to it bc I have a strong feeling that with the Grand Oligarch’s Party’s thumb on the scale he’s going to win the runoff. In fairness, it could just be the remnants of my sense of dread about this election that so far, haven’t come to pass.🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Well, better get used to it bc I have a strong feeling that with the Grand Oligarch’s Party’s thumb on the scale he’s going to win the runoff. In fairness, it could just be the remnants of my sense of dread about this election that so far, haven’t come to pass.🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

WE WILL OVERCOME!!  

• Thanks 1