Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bloomberg: How WallStreetBets Pushed GameStop Shares to the Moon

No Excuses

https://deadline.com/2021/02/amc-entertainment-stock-to-earth-gamestop-down-too-mark-cuban-tutors-reddit-traders-on-next-move-1234685465/amp/

“Billionaire entrepreneur and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban popped up on Reddit’s WallStreetBeats (WSB) chat room Tuesday for an “Ask Me Anything” session where he said the stocks were falling because “the source of demand has been crippled. When RH shut it down, then cut it back, let’s put aside why, they cut of the greatest source of demand. They created a RobinHood Dive. No RH buyers, means sellers lower their price to find buyers. And they keep on lowering it till they find buyers. Keep the most natural buyers out of the market and the price keeps on FALLING.”

Referring mainly to GameStop, the Shark Tank star said: “If you can afford to hold the stock, you hold. I dont own it, but thats what i would do. Why? because when RH and the other online brokers open it back up to buyers, then we will see what WSB is really made of. That is when you get to make it all work. I have no doubt that there are funds and big players that have shorted this stock again thinking they are smarter than everyone on WSB. I know you are going to hate to hear this, but the lower it goes, the more powerful WSB can be stepping up to buy the stock again.”

Edited by spjunkies

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I exited yesterday at 240. From my initial buy in, it’s not quite the Tesla downpayment, but it will pay for a really nice home office upgrade. 

Thanks GameStop! Lol

Yeah I exited this morning at around 220-ish. Made a tiny profit as I didn't invest much.

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Didn't read the article but is he down 400k in possible gains (from the GME high)? Otherwise, yeah he's not poor. 

It’s not clear. 
that whole article is really garbage. Seems like an article they wrote to say they were covering the topic. 

it’s definitely possible to lose significantly more than you invested or planned on losing in options trading.

20 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Not big on penny stocks but added a little into OZSC today - good agreement today with NY dealerships and have ties to larger dealerships along the east coast so decent opportunity.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ozop-energy-ozsc-executes-agreement-181900761.html

I have a couple thousands shares. My coworker went all in on it. He has made roughly 100k after invest 15k or so. He is holding steady. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve09ru said:

Not big on penny stocks but added a little into OZSC today - good agreement today with NY dealerships and have ties to larger dealerships along the east coast so decent opportunity.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ozop-energy-ozsc-executes-agreement-181900761.html

Might have to check this out and just hold on to it if I decide to buy. 

I have spent a couple, hours in that wallstreetbets sub the last two days.  The drama is intense.  The SEC said they would be monitoring the sub and investigating about other large investors using the sub to manipulate prices.  Long time moderators are being banned for not going along with the situation.  The redditor who started the whole GME play says he will not be posting for awhile, likely on the advice of his lawyer. 

But in the past hour, it has become like lord of the flies.  Everyone accusing each other of being plants from the opposing hedge funds, or SEC operatives.  To top it all of... there are many people blatantly taunting SEC investigators who may be reading with pretty vile stuff.

I'm going back to keep watching.  Don't judge me.

• Haha 2

I don't understand why the Redditor DFV should be worried.  He has posted all of his trades on WSB and was in GME for over a year. You can see everything he did.  He basically went into options and timed it perfectly.  

From the $50k to $100k he had, his paper top was $40M and he is sitting on $13M straight cash.  And $9M in paper gains. 

I don't know who spread the information about the stock, being shorted so much,but when a bunch of other hedge funds took the long side of the trade it puts momentum opposite of where it was and causes the crazy short squeeze...although this was an insane short squeeze.  

Why don't hedge funds do that with the "short data" on a regular basis?