Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It’s weird, none of the top targets I wanted to prioritize have actually signed yet. So it feels like we’re out of the action, but in reality other teams are blowing their wads on guys I didn’t really care about so far. 

True for the most part.  There is still a lot of talent but I don't think RR is a big spender.  We found that out last year.  

Just now, RWJ said:

True for the most part.  There is still a lot of talent but I don't think RR is a big spender.  We found that out last year.  

I'd say yeah he's not an over spender at this point.  He's building a roster still so there's probably a short list of targets they're willing to pay the premium for.  

I remember Rivera letting Josh Norman walk. I think he undervalues corners or that his system doesn't prioritize great corner play. Kinda sad to see Darby leave for similar money. You'd think he would prefer to play in a place where they resussitated his career and where he seemed to be at his best. He had a rep for being burnt toast in Philly. They mocked us when we signed him.

Just now, TheShredder said:

I'd say yeah he's not an over spender at this point.  He's building a roster still so there's probably a short list of targets they're willing to pay the premium for.  

Last year was year one under RR.  Let's see if what your saying is true.  

Just now, RWJ said:

I kinda agree with you. But I think it’s worse than that—I think there ARE guys he wants to spend big on but his contract guys don’t agree with the amount of guaranteed money necessary to be competitive on the open market for top shelf guys, so we lowball guys. It’s what we did to Cooper while insisting we offered a competitive contract based purely on useless overall numbers. We’ll see if that becomes a pattern, losing out on guys Rivera badly wants due to guaranteed money. Hopefully not, but it could be the hold-up with Scherff as well. And now Darby. Hard to say.

• Like 1

Just now, TheShredder said:

Which is far better than what New England has done today.  Not a fan of anything they have done.  Lots of money on guys coming off outlier years or guys just plain not worth it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I remember Rivera letting Josh Norman walk. I think he undervalues corners or that his system doesn't prioritize great corner play. Kinda sad to see Darby leave for similar money. You'd think he would prefer to play in a place where they resussitated his career and where he seemed to be at his best. He had a rep for being burnt toast in Philly. They mocked us when we signed him.

This assumes we offered Darby anywhere near 21M in guarantees. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that the overall numbers look similar but that we offered like 16-17M guaranteed out of the 3/30. 

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

If you're Grant Paulsen and you already look like a frog, why would you create a cartoon avatar of an even froggier caricature?  

Sometimes the best thing you can do is to lean into it and own it 🐸 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This assumes we offered Darby anywhere near 21M in guarantees. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that the overall numbers look similar but that we offered like 16-17M guaranteed out of the 3/30. 

Ah, who knows?  We probably get a piece to that puzzle when they sign the 1st FA.  Kind of a fill in the blank, unknown with all the heads up in that FO.

I like this so far. I didn't want Darby back even at that price. A cheap 1 year CB on a prove it deal; same as we did last year is all we need and we obviously draft a DB this year probably any round after the 1st would be fair game. 

The Jags and Jets havent spent much either right? I imagine they soak up some names. We still should be good with the 2nd tier WR, TE and LBs.

Edited by SkinsFootball

Pats moves so far

• QB Cam Newton: Re-signing on a one-year deal worth up to $13.6 million, per Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo. Newton's deal has a base value of $5.1 million -- $2 million signing bonus, $1.5 million guaranteed base salary, $1.5 million total in per-game roster bonuses, $100,000 workout bonus -- and $8.5 million in incentives, Garafolo reported.
  • WR Nelson Agholor: Agreed to a two-year contract worth $26 million. His deal has an annual base salary of $11 million with $2 million in incentives per year. (Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo)
  • WR Kendrick Bourne: Signing a three-year deal worth $22.5 million. (Ian Rapoport)
  • TE Jonnu Smith: Agreed to a four-year, $50 million deal that includes $31.25 million fully guaranteed. (Mike Giardi and Ian Rapoport)
  • OT Trent Brown: Acquired in a trade with the Las Vegas Raiders (along with a 2022 seventh-round pick) in exchange for a 2022 fifth-round pick, per Ian Rapoport. The trade does not become official until the start of the new league year on March 17.
  • DE Deatrich Wise Jr.: Terms of the deal have not been disclosed. (Mike Garafolo)
  • DT Davon GodchauxAgreed to a two-year deal worth up to $16 million that includes $9 million fully guaranteed. (Mike Giardi and Ian Rapoport)
  • LB Matt Judon: Agreed to a four-year, $56 million deal that includes $32 million over the first two years. (Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero)
  • CB Justin Bethel: Re-signing on a three-year, $6 million deal that includes $2.75 million guaranteed and some Pro Bowl incentives. (Ian Rapoport)
  • Jalen Mills: Agreed to a four-year, $24 million contract. (Mike Garafolo)
  • Haha 1