Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

14 minutes ago, mojo said:

I’d be happy resigning Settle and shopping Payne.  We can’t pay all these 1st rounders on the D line.

27 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Agreed. I'd much rather have another 2nd round pick to spend on MLB/QB/Bellcow/FS and have Settle show his mettle.

42 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’d definitely shop him.  Be proactive instead of watching him walk after 2022.  Buckner netted a first rounder. Not saying Payne is as good as Buckner, but you never know if a team gets desperate.

Totally disagree. Payne is crazy disruptive and unbelievable against the run. He's a very big reason Allen does so well and he takes almost all the snaps with zero issues. He's a mule and a monster. It doesn't surprise me just how undervalued he is around here, because he's not a big Stat player, although I would say that he had the same kind of year that Allen had last year. I really hope we extend him.

I doubt he's looking at Vea or Allen money and I'd much rather trade him, then get nothing if he walks after next year, sure, but he's been worth every bit of his 1rst round grade.

Settle is not that great, although he's better than a DT4. Sure, but he's nowhere near the level of Payne.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Totally disagree. Payne is crazy disruptive and unbelievable against the run. He's a very big reason Allen does so well and he takes almost all the snaps with zero issues. He's a mule and a monster. It doesn't surprise me just how undervalued he is around here, because he's not a big Stat player, although I would say that he had the same kind of year that Allen had last year. I really hope we extend him.

I doubt he's looking at Vea or Allen money and I'd much rather trade him, then get nothing if he walks after next year, sure, but he's been worth every bit of his 1rst round grade.

Settle is not that great, although he's better than a DT4. Sure, but he's nowhere near the level of Payne.

Payne is a really good player.  Why wouldn’t he want Vea money?  He’s earned it.  But I don’t believe we should pay that coin to two DTs.  So you either trade him now (if you get a good deal) or he ends up walking and you play the compensation game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Similar numbers to what Jon Allen got. You basically get a couple or reasonable cap years then the yearly cap number hits 20mil+. There are only a very small number of teams that have multiple DTs on significant deals anywhere near like that.

Payne has the 5th year option coming up, not sure how we extend him on that kind of wedge like Allen got. Something has to give with that situation.

Not really sure his trade value is that high even though he is a very good player. I suspect his trade value is at its best for us if we were including him in a picks plus player(s) trade for a QB.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm mostly curious to see if he even wants to resign with us. Been playing next to Allen now for what? 6 years or more?

My bet would be he won’t unless he gets 70mil over 4 years, but that may be very sceptical on my part.

16 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

My bet would be he won’t unless he gets 70mil over 4 years, but that may be very sceptical on my part.

Don't think Payne gets that buddy, he's a player that frees up space for other players like Allen, etc to make plays, 10m per year I would go to. 

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Don't think Payne gets that buddy, he's a player that frees up space for other players like Allen, etc to make plays, 10m per year I would go to. 

I don’t think he gets the kind of contract Allen got here either. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What should we do with Scherff...hasnt finished a full season in awhile i do like him i think hes a great player but i dont think having the highest paid guard is a recipe for success for this team, i think we have to let him go imo. 

Make a reasonable offer, if he declines he walks.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I’d probably offer Scherrf top 10 guard money but nothing crazy. Certainly nothing like we paid on the FT, which was always a dumb, short sighted decision.

https://overthecap.com/position/right-guard/

He turned down an offer to be the best paid G in the NFL last off-season, maybe it was the guaranteed money we offered, but I would imagine it would have been close to 16/17m per year. Personally I would move on and play Schweitzer at RG, he played really well when Sherff was injured and we could give him a new contract in the 8m range. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markmills67 said:

LMAO there is 0 chance we keep a player like Payne for a paltry $10 Mil a year. That's nothing in today's NFL.

7 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

He turned down an offer to be the best paid G in the NFL last off-season, maybe it was the guaranteed money we offered, but I would imagine it would have been close to 16/17m per year. Personally I would move on and play Schweitzer at RG, he played really well when Sherff was injured and we could give him a new contract in the 8m range. 

Is a sign and trade possible. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

21 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

LMAO there is 0 chance we keep a player like Payne for a paltry $10 Mil a year. That's nothing in today's NFL.

So I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but unless I’m missing something, 10mil/year would put him as the 17th highest paid DT (11mil would put him 11th, just for context).  Almost 3mil more than Ioannidis’ extension.  Granted, Allen and Vea signed deals that put them top 5 (and are more recent deals), but still… doesn’t seem outlandish.  My guess is he’d look for more like 14 or so though.

Man you can tell a difference in AG's game when Scherff is in there, like clockwork... makes me want to keep him. but this BS about his agent and the team pisses me off. Reeks of Cousins all over again, if you want to be here then tell your agent to get the best deal you can to stay. You'll be a multi millionaire forever

On 1/9/2022 at 11:13 AM, CjSuAvE22 said:

What should we do with Scherff...hasnt finished a full season in awhile i do like him i think hes a great player but i dont think having the highest paid guard is a recipe for success for this team, i think we have to let him go imo. 

I think it's a no-brainer to let him walk. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Man you can tell a difference in AG's game when Scherff is in there, like clockwork... makes me want to keep him. but this BS about his agent and the team pisses me off. Reeks of Cousins all over again, if you want to be here then tell your agent to get the best deal you can to stay. You'll be a multi millionaire forever

Reeks of Cousins or Williams.

I don't think you can pay him the highest salary in football if you expect him to miss a third of the games.

• Like 1