Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Keim said we are looking to add a couple of TE, so we need to do something. Maybe one is our #4 QB Steven Montez who they allegedly want to use in a Taysom Hill type role. Joking of course....

But you may be on to something....If Logan Thomas can convert from QB to a top tier TE, then someone like Harmon or another guy we discover can possibly to the same. Darren Waller of Vegas is a converted WR to TE and he's a pro bowler. Maybe we have a second TE in house? Harmon is listed as 6'2, 215 so he'd have to put on some weight and gain some strength I'm guessing. Thomas is 6'6, 245.....Pat Friermuth is listed as 6'5, 260....

I know some get bothered by gossip but more seem to like it.  So for those that get bothered sorry in advance.  :ols:. I find Keim not be perfect (no one is) but right often enough to be on the money for me to pay attention.  He nailed some players to a tee as for this FA and previous drafts, etc.  Just listened to him on Sirrius and they grilled him good on the draft/FA.

What he said:

A.  If they sign Humphries in FA.  LT is the heavy favorite in round 1.

B.  they see Samuel as move chess piece and are indeed looking for a pure slot WR.

C.  He hinted they did like one of the top QBs in the draft but didn't think they'd trade up into the top 10 which he thought it would take to get him.  So he doesn't expect Qb in round 1.  Much more likely on the 2nd day.

D.  They want a pass catching TE (draft)

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

16 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Keim said we are looking to add a couple of TE, so we need to do something. Maybe one is our #4 QB Steven Montez who they allegedly want to use in a Taysom Hill type role. Joking of course....

He needs to figure something out to stay in this league. I think it’s pretty damning that he didn’t even sniff the field last year when were so hard up for QBs.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

D.  They want a pass catching TE

This really has been a constant. It is hard to see a FA in this spot. They must be thinking Brevin, Freiermuth, or maybe Tremble in the second or YeBoah, McKitty type in the 3rd or 4th?

Sound like the first three picks right now would be LT, TE, QB 

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

This would free us up in the draft some. I clearly think we also need to upgrade at outside WR and TE.

What is the consensus here about Kwon Alexander?

Will Kwon even be ready for the season. Didn't he tear his ACL in week 16 and that takes a year to heal or no?

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

Will Kwon even be ready for the season. Didn't he tear his ACL in week 16 and that takes a year to heal or no?

Achilles, and it sounds questionable if he would be ready to go because it was so late in the season. Due to that, I wonder if you could get him cheap for a multiyear contract instead of a one and done. 

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

This really has been a constant. It is hard to see a FA in this spot. They must be thinking Brevin, Freiermuth, or maybe Tremble in the second or YeBoah, McKitty type in the 3rd or 4th?

TE has been a constant.  I know they interviewed two of my favs:  Jordan, Tremble.  Big day for Yeboah, I like him also in that next tier, its his pro day.

The other constant has been LT in the draft.

punt returner connection too, interesting

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

TE has been a constant.  I know they interviewed two of my favs:  Jordan, Tremble.  Big day for Yeboah, I like him also in that next tier, its his pro day.

The other constant has been LT in the draft.

I really like Hunter Long from BC but Jordan and Tremble are impressive as well.  Which ones of the three are the best pass catching TEs, SIP?

40 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Curious as to why you think the coaches have lost trust in Cam...have you seen or heard this somewhere? Cam played a ton last season and started most games from what I recall. I haven't heard anything about him being out of the teams plans? He has issues with drops at times but he seems to get open and is a big target too.

Just his usage. He tends to get his opportunities only through injuries. He hasn't ever earned a starting position. Hasn't really climbed the ranks in the WR depth chart. Often not active. Nor is he game-planned for in any games when he's in. And not often subbed in for when the starter needs a rest for a few plays.

I mean.... just look at RR's emphasis on receivers this offseason. Hardly shows confidence in the young man.

But when he's forced into the lineup... he contributes. Well beyond what you'd expect..... and that's what creates the dissonance.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

In no particular order DW, I think that's there best way to with as you mentioned, LT, TE, QB.  However, I'd like to see it play out, QB, LT, TE.

38 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Wonder if we draft another WR and bring in Humphries, they don’t ask Harmon to convert to TE, especially if they can’t get good value on one in the draft

Keim mentioned this not long back and it kinda makes sense

I don't get the fascination with randomly turning WRs in to TEs. Harmon is already somewhat slow. You want a 6'2 215lb guy to add up to 30lbs to his frame on top of that? Does anyone really expect him to be able to actually play like that?

37 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I don’t get the hate for Cam. Last year was his first real year and he dropped three balls on 49 targets. The only thing that’s 50/50 is the love hate relationship for him.

I don't think it's "hate". More just observing that over 3 seasons he's never really shown himself to be anything other than a 5th or 6th WR and fringe NFL player. There's a reason the team has released him 3 times and nobody else grabbed him.

I just don't really see why people would assume that he'll suddenly turn into a legit #2 receiver. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

God we need a LB though those first 4 picks. In fact, I’d say at #51 if we go LT first.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

In no particular order DW, I think that's there best way to with as you mentioned, LT, TE, QB.  However, I'd like to see it play out, QB, LT, TE.

I  like my order more betterer :806:

I long gave up on the idea of moving up for a QB. I believe that will come in the 3rd round. 

My gut is day one and two end up like this-LT, LB, QB, TE then probably DB or RB in the 4th

EDIT:Speaking of free agency, lol, it sure would be nice if they filled on more hole soon!

Edited by DWinzit

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know some get bothered by gossip but more seem to like it.  So for those that get bothered sorry in advance.  :ols:. I find Keim not be perfect (no one is) but right often enough to be on the money for me to pay attention.  He nailed some players to a tee as for this FA and previous drafts, etc.  Just listened to him on Sirrius and they grilled him good on the draft/FA.

What he said:

A.  If they sign Humphries in FA.  LT is the heavy favorite in round 1.

B.  they see Samuel as move chess piece and are indeed looking for a pure slot WR.

C.  He hinted they did like one of the top QBs in the draft but didn't think they'd trade up into the top 10 which he thought it would take to get him.  So he doesn't expect Qb in round 1.  Much more likely on the 2nd day.

D.  They want a pass catching TE (draft)

Sure would be nice to see Crowder become available.

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I  like my order more betterer :806:

I long gave up on the idea of moving up for a QB. I believe that will come in the 3rd round. 

My gut is day one and two end up like this-LT, LB, QB, TE then probably DB or RB in the 4th

EDIT:Speaking of free agency, lol, it sure would be nice if they filled on more hole soon!

IF Humphries signs they will have filled that hole your talking about.  He's at the facility so I expect that to happen.  So you like QB in the 3rd.  Who.  

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Justice, are you talking about how he (Samuel) was used last year w/o RR or when RR was there.

Last year.  If they use him like they did when RR was there, we wouldn't be paying $11m a year for him and we're gonna get a less productive player.  They found the best usage for him last year out of the slot and absorbing some of that McCaffrey action.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RWJ said:

IF Humphries signs they will have filled that hole your talking about.  He's at the facility so I expect that to happen.  So you like QB in the 3rd.  Who.  

Newman or Mills, then Mond or Trask. RR seems hell bent on bringing in a potential future QB.

Brevin Jordan is the best pass catching TE. I actually like Yeboah almost as much.

I really like bringing in Humphries. I would like a Hooker too :806:

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Last year.  If they use him like they did when RR was there, we wouldn't be paying $11m a year for him and we're gonna get a less productive player.  They found the best usage for him last year out of the slot and absorbing some of that McCaffrey action.  

Well, this may be an issue.  I've heard others say Rhule and OC used him to his strengths where RR and OC did not.  He's a swiss army knife as we know but yes we MUST utilize him where his best talents are.  Interesting we are bring in Humphries at slot.  Maybe for depth. 

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Newman or Mills, then Mond or Trask. RR seems hell bent on bringing in a potential future QB.

Brevin Jordan is the best pass catching TE. I actually Yeboah almost as much.

I really like the bringing in Humphries. I would like a Hooker too :806:

Would take Mills at 124 but I don't think he makes it out of the third round. 

• Like 2