Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think we have missed the memo a little. Or Dan needs the cash to buy the team.

Aren't we already projected to have over $90M in cap next year, pending any rollover? Not spending a ton this year, and restructuring every player on the roster, combined with a large cap increase, is going to make us absolutely flush with cash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Aren't we already projected to have over $90M in cap next year, pending any rollover? Not spending a ton this year, and restructuring every player on the roster, combined with a large cap increase, is going to make us absolutely flush with cash.

Yep we are definitely flush with space next year. As are many others.

We’ve had a really solid free agency. For me, only a slight frustration that we held a very strong hand compared to 80% of the league. Maybe we could have been a bit more aggressive to close out a further deal or two. Appreciate that is hypercritical though.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

N’Keal Harry, 6-foot-4, 228 lbs., WR, Arizona State: Harry is a first-round talent who may fall to the second round depending on how teams value other receivers like D.K. Metcalf and Marquise Brown. But Harry loves to block, he’s effective after the catch and makes contested catches — everything Rivera wants in a receiver. If he’s somehow still around when Carolina picks at No. 47 overall, Marty Hurney should seriously consider the former Sun Devil.

Don't like it.  He's been a bust and a new change of scenery might not be in our best interest.  Anything more than a 5th is far too much for this player.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Q2A2DpG9_normal.jpg

Washington's quest to add more offensive talent could include New England WR N'Keal Harry. The team is monitoring his situation, according to multiple sources. The 6-foot-4 Harry, a first-round pick in 2019, hasn't produced and could be traded. WFT GM... https://es.pn/3lNricE

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Don't like it.  He's been a bust and a new change of scenery might not be in our best interest.  Anything more than a 5th is far too much for this player.     

Only concern for me would be his desire to play. Concussion concerns/issues with his past. Clearly health more important, but if things of that nature are problematic to him, either health wise or they effect his performance, then it won’t end well. 

Just got done watching N'Keal Harry highlights with the Pats. This guy has zero juice in his game, no burst whatsoever, also can't break a tackle to save his life. It's probably the most unimpressive highlight reel I may have watched from a WR, and those were all his good plays. 

He needs to drop some weight because being as bulky as he is does absolutely nothing for his game. In college he relied on overpowering DBs, but there has been absolutely none of that for him in the NFL. The entire way he plays the game will have to be altered for him to be successful. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Only concern for me would be his desire to play. Concussion concerns/issues with his past. Clearly health more important, but if things of that nature are problematic to him, either health wise or they effect his performance, then it won’t end well. 

Reading about him, health seems to be a key part of the narrative.  Premature I think to label him a bust like some here are doing.  He missed most of his first season because of an injury so last season was basically his rookie year.  Last year, he played some but he also got banged up.   Jordan Reed like -- concussion issues seem to be the concern with him.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Reading about him, health seems to be a key part of the narrative.  Premature I think to label him a bust like some here are doing.  He missed most of his first season because of an injury so last season was basically his rookie year.  Last year, he played some but he also got banged up.   Jordan Reed like -- concussion issues seem to be the concern with him.

Agree. I’ll back track a little from my earlier comments though, no way you give a 4th or 5th for him, very late round pick at best. 

• Like 1

more evidence that SF liked Harry

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-found-brandon-aiyuk-while-scouting-nkeal-harry-john-lynch-says

Such was the case with the 49ers and wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk. The 49ers drafted the Arizona State wide receiver with the No. 25 overall pick last Thursday, but he first caught their eye when they were scouting another player -- Aiyuk's former college teammate N'Keal Harry, who was drafted by the New England Patriots in the 2019 first round.

"We started noticing him when we were studying N'Keal Harry (leading to the 2019 draft)," 49ers general manager John Lynch said on "The Herd with Colin Cowherd." "N'Keal is a player that we had great interest in last year. He's now with the Patriots. As we were studying him, we kept saying, 'Who's this dude? This guy is pretty good.' He kept showing up in spurts."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-rumors-49ers-targeting-nkeal-harry-deebo-samuel-second-round

With the draft just over two weeks away, the 49ers, and every other NFL team, are locking in on certain prospects. General manager John Lynch and Co. reportedly have their eyes on two wide receivers. 

“I will say, man, sometimes I don’t tell you guys everything I hear because I’ve got to keep some stuff back to myself,” Bleacher Report's Matt Miller said on the Stick To Football podcast. “I’ve heard if N’Keal Harry’s gone, Deebo's [Samuel] their guy at 36.”

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree. I’ll back track a little from my earlier comments though, no way you give a 4th or 5th for him, very late round pick at best. 

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on it except I wouldn't give anything more than a 5th tops.  They don't have a 6th.   If I recall they swapped their 6th with the Raiders 7th last year for the backup tackle they traded for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

N’Keal Harry, 6-foot-4, 228 lbs., WR, Arizona State: Harry is a first-round talent who may fall to the second round depending on how teams value other receivers like D.K. Metcalf and Marquise Brown. But Harry loves to block, he’s effective after the catch and makes contested catches — everything Rivera wants in a receiver. If he’s somehow still around when Carolina picks at No. 47 overall, Marty Hurney should seriously consider the former Sun Devil.

I could see him in an H-Back role in this scheme.

For all the blustering and feigned outrage, no one knows what, if anything, WFT would give up to obtain Harry. 

3 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'm not sure the mindset of the coaching staff, but if we keep all the interior guys and let Sweat walk, I will be absolutely livid.  (Assuming they all keep progressing on the arc they are on)

Payne, Allen, Ion...all very good players, but I don't see a true game wrecker among them.  Payne might have that potential...maybe.  Sweat and Young look like potential bookend monsters at a more premium position.  I'm not gonna freak out yet, but it would be flat out stupid to let one of them walk.

Yeah I'd definitely trade 2 of our interior DL guys before trading away Young or Sweat. You're right...they're all good players but none of them are game wreckers in the mold of Young and Sweat. I'm curious what they'll do with Allen. I guess it all depends on what he asks for. If he wants to be paid as a top 3 DT then I'd trade him. He's a great locker room guy and a good player, but he's far from an elite DT. I don't think there'd be too much of a drop off, play-wise, between him and Settle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on it except I wouldn't give anything more than a 5th tops.  They don't have a 6th.   If I recall they swapped their 6th with the Raiders 7th last year for the backup tackle they traded for. 

Yeah, we have:

1st

2nd

3rd (SF)

3rd

4th

5th

7th (LV)

7th

I think we'll try and trade back if we can to recoup that lost 6th rounder.  Kim has even said we might try and trade for future draft picks instead.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31075166/nfl-free-agency-2021-winners-losers-best-worst-signings-value-deals-gut-reactions-more

Which is the most improved team after free agency?

Bowen: Washington Football Team. The Patriots addressed multiple needs during free agency, but I'm looking at Ron Rivera's team here. Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and wide receiver Curtis Samuel will bring more juice and explosive play ability to D.C. And on the defensive side of the ball, cornerback William Jackson III is an upgrade in the secondary. He is a physical, press-man corner, which will allow Washington to play more Cover 1 in 2021.

Clay: Cleveland Browns. They were a contender in 2020, but keep in mind that of the 14 playoff teams, they were the only one with a negative scoring margin (minus-11). In order to avoid a crash back to irrelevance in 2021, there was work to do on the defensive side of the ball this offseason. Mission accomplished. Star safety John Johnson III is a game-changer of an acquisition; Troy Hill upgrades the corner spot opposite Denzel Ward; Malik Jackson adds quality depth at defensive tackle; DE Takkarist McKinley helps replace Olivier Vernon; and Malcolm Smith and Anthony Walker improve the team's shaky linebacker corps. Already loaded on offense, Cleveland now arguably has a top-10 defense.

Seifert: New England Patriots. I'll choose the obvious answer and let the rest of our crew scramble for deeper insight. Their offense is now much more explosive, thanks to wide receiver Nelson Agholor and tight ends Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry, and their defense will get more pop up front from Matthew Judon and Kyle Van Noy. The departure of guard Joe Thuney is worrisome, but overall, the Patriots have unquestionably upgraded a half-dozen starting positions.

Walder: New England Patriots. There's certainly reason to be skeptical of the value some of the moves bring -- the Agholor signing stands out -- but there's no question that an influx of talent just flowed into Foxborough, Massachusetts, and New England will be better off for it in the short term.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Roger what you saying about bust but when you think about it the things you are saying (health, etc.) makes him a bust in a way doesn't it?  :)

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I'll back track as well.   I need to research more or ask a question before running my mouth.  Sorry.  I hope we stay away all together.  

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Just got done watching N'Keal Harry highlights with the Pats. This guy has zero juice in his game, no burst whatsoever, also can't break a tackle to save his life. It's probably the most unimpressive highlight reel I may have watched from a WR, and those were all his good plays. 

He needs to drop some weight because being as bulky as he is does absolutely nothing for his game. In college he relied on overpowering DBs, but there has been absolutely none of that for him in the NFL. The entire way he plays the game will have to be altered for him to be successful. 

Rule of thumb to follow: be very wary of trading for any players from New England. Pass on this Harry dude. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Roger what you saying about bust but when you think about it the things you are saying (health, etc.) makes him a bust in a way doesn't it?  :)

I'll back track as well.   I need to research more or ask a question before running my mouth.  Sorry.  I hope we stay away all together.  

I wouldn't say getting hurt rookie year makes him a bust.  

The concussion thing, I'd dive deeper in if I were the FO.  That's what hits me the most when I read about him.

If you are throwing a 5th rounder, the opportunity cost isn't that high.  I don't think I'd pay more.  He has some talent but like I said what makes me pause is his skill set is so similar to Harmon.

From what I recall via college games.  Harry is faster than Harmon.  They are both good run blockers but Harmon is better.  Both good at contested catches but Harry was better.  Both good physical YAC guys.  Harry seems so similar to Harmon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wouldn't say getting hurt rookie year makes him a bust.  

The concussion thing, I'd dive deeper in if I were the FO.  That's what hits me the most when I read about him.

If you are throwing a 5th rounder, the opportunity cost isn't that high.  I don't think I'd pay more.  He has some talent but like I said what makes me pause is his skill set is so similar to Harmon.

From what I recall via college games.  Harry is faster than Harmon.  They are both good run blockers but Harmon is better.  Both good at contested catches but Harry was better.  Both good physical YAC guys.  Harry seems so similar to Harmon. 

I'd rather have the 5th rounder. Given this draft's depth, we may actually find a more productive player there than Harry will be. The other thing I'd hate about trading for Harry is it would make it unlikely for us to draft a receiver in the first 4 rounds, which would be such a shame

• Like 2

I'm hoping Washington presses hard to sign Wright, the middle Linebacker from Seattle.  Considering his age, even a short-term contract would work. 

Cleveland snapped up.the Indy LB (Walker) who was my other choice.  Not too many other decent options out there for a FA linebacker, who could shore up on of the few weaknesses of Washington's defence.

Speaking of FA  Linebackers, what's up with Reuben Foster? Does Washington intend to retain him?

• Like 1