Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

Hunch.  Same hunch I had last year when everyone was counting on SDH and I said I'd be surprised if he makes the team.  He did but got cut.

I mean I think you’re right. They haven’t done much at LB and it’s for a reason. Likely because they think JHC/Holcomb can play there and if they get a chance in the draft they take one.

I couldn’t disagree more if they do think that... but hey... they’re pro coaches and I coach HS :ols:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean I think you’re right. They haven’t done much at LB and it’s for a reason. Likely because they think JHC/Holcomb can play there and if they get a chance in the draft they take one.

I couldn’t disagree more if they do think that... but hey... they’re pro coaches and I coach HS :ols:

Yeah I'm not really taking a position either way, I just think that's what they are looking at doing.

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

List loses credibility not including Tampa Bay, Kansas City, L.A. Rams, and perhaps Green Bay.  Those are deep rosters that made the playoffs (and yeah one of the trash NFC East teams had to make it too).

We were in talks for the number 1 pick last year, now we’re a top 10/ top 5 roster and only a couple of players away from Championship level aspirations? Why because we signed a corner and a lone wideout???  

I’m as much a fan as any but we need to slow the hell down.  We have multiple holes to fill, still a lack of offensive weapons, no linebackers or Free safety and folks are talking our “window open.”

You Dont Say Stand Up GIF

I think some legitimate surprises have changed the outlook on the roster drastically since the end of 2019.  I mean, beyond the addition of Young (and our dline becoming a top unit), we suddenly had a good oline, back (and 3rd down back), SS, TE and 2 good corners.  That’s a whole lot of positive change, and isn’t factoring in the addition of Fitz and Samuel (or getting Io back).  

Consider that even with those same holes you mention - LB/FS - and a sketchy O, this D was stout last year.  

Offense was pretty poor of course, but I think we can point to two major reasons for that - QB and receivers (beyond Terry).  Fitzpatrick and Samuel aren’t top tier, but they represent significant upgrades for us.

13 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Damn, I'm over 50 and can't remember where I put my keys driving down the road.  

My mom has been on the phone with me before..using her cellphone than/then would start panicking in the middle of the convo freaking out cuz she cant find her phone.

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I had the same question. One of you smart people help pls. 

Ok, so since my mom always said I was smart I'll say it translates to his gunslinger mentality.  Additionally from his own words it seems as though if a receiver is covered in a 50/50 scenario, he's confident in his guy to make the play.  This is essentially the opposite of Alex Smith imo, as Alex reserves these situations for when he's playing catch-up.  Also appears to show a confidence in his accuracy.  In total my view is this stat shows he's an aggressive and confident passer.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I occasionally play Madden on my iPhone...checkmate, ****es!!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

That's a damn shame. I'm sure they are covered regarding this event. I like it (no personal agenda Kyle, just...the Giants). 

That's the type of risk the Giants have gone All-In with by signing big contracts with big guarantees to these free agents.  They've sacrificed depth and will get screwed when one gets hurt and the drop off in the replacement is bottom of the barrel.  I think Dave Gettleman is quack.  

giphy.gif

• Haha 2