Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think Hudson can replace KPL but he's not a full time guy. I do like the little bit that I've seen of him and the dude is always amped. His size is a bit concerning, how is that little dude going to cover a 6'5/6'6 TE? 

Remember Darrel Green covering Harold Carmichael

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I would have added him for one year and 8 mil

I wouldn't have, I'd rather use that money for other needs / depth.  Also, I'd rather get the third part of our wr triumvirate via an early round draft pick.  Take advantage of the great depth on day 2, and also leave wr4 and 5 spots for whoever wants it more between AGG, harmon, cam sims, isaiah wright, late rounder/udfa.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Actually the opposite.  Wonder about Wilson -- also a cover guy but not hot against the run. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.00.59 PM.png

That’s so weird. I was just going off of what colts fans were saying and they were insisting that the run stop was his strong suit.

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I wouldn't have, I'd rather use that money for other needs / depth.  Also, I'd rather get the third part of our wr triumvirate via an early round draft pick.  Take advantage of the great depth on day 2, and also leave wr4 and 5 spots for whoever wants it more between AGG, harmon, cam sims, isaiah wright, late rounder/udfa.

I saw it as an opportunity to get a comp pick since I don’t see us going after a lot in FA next year.

14 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

That wasn't available to anyone but Pittsburgh.  Chiefs and Ravens both offered considerably more.  JuJu gave Pittsburgh a steep home town discount.

Yeah, but why would he want to play with Mahomes or Lamar when he could have linked up with the Fitzmagical one? I bet we could have got him for 4 mil.

If we aren't going to sign an LB, perhaps we are either trading for Mosely (or waiting that situation out) or use that money on Harris at FS so we can play 3 safeties.  I'm fine with that and sign another DB even if for just a year as there is talent out there while our youngins grow for depth. 

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

just re-sign Sundberg.... still boggles my mind. Wouldn't make sense to have a pretty good offense and top-5 defense, only to have to some special teamer **** up the snap to the punter/FG unit.... Way, Sundberg, Hopkins are all super close friends as well.

Apparently there are concerns regarding his injury 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Harmon is going to have a hard time even making the team. He was slow to begin with and now coming off an ACL will probably be even slower. I think with the addition of Samuel being paired with McLaurin and then add in Gibson or McKissic out of the backfield defenses are going to be so consumed with containing them that Logan Thomas and Cam Sims are going to be open a LOT. I see a huge year for Cam. 

I have watched last year's game a few times. What I saw on defense was some talented playmaking type guys learning a new scheme and learning to buy in. This defense does not need upgrades IMO. It could use depth like teams can always use. But beyond learning to contain mobile QB, this defense was solid if not dominant in some instances. They now have a year together under their belt. They have a better understanding of what they need to do. They did upgrade at CB. I am really looking at them picking up a size, speed linebacker in the draft or a guy on cusp in FA. I don't think Ron likes rookies in key decision maker positions like middle LB, so a LB in early rounds would surprise me. I'm looking for a replacement for KPL. After that, I'm good. On offense, I'm looking to see if Moss has developed at TE. The fact that they re-signed him tells me they only waived him to take advantage of the COVIT rules....not performance. And for me, coaches do not give a player an ear full unless they like them and see potential (or in his case the coach may have gotten a little advise from a well known dad to be hard on the kid). I do think picking up TE/bruiser/possession type in the draft would be a good idea. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Damnit. Hollister one-year to Buffalo. I thought he would have been a great 2 TE

Yea, I don't get it and we all know what Keim, etc. are saying but they either have their eyes on someone in the draft they feel is better value than a FA or like someone already on the roster?

Marcus Baugh Temarrick Hemingway Thaddeus Moss 

7 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm still not totally comfortable with our CB situation as I'm not as high on Moreland as most of the board seems to be. He's good depth but lacks speed and his big play ability hasn't really translated from the practice field to games. 

I don’t think anyone is that high on Moreland, there’s good talent in the draft that can easily replace him. Fuller and Jackson are a good 1-2 and someone like Marco Wilson or, he’ll, even Shaun Wade if he drops to the third would be ideal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Holy cow that's a big contract.

Titans should have gone hard after Romeo Okwara IMO. Bud's a good player, but he benefitted greatly from lining up alongside of Watt. This may come back to bite them. I'd be drafting a pass rusher day one too if I were them.

• Like 1