Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

$11 Mil for a quality starter is fine value.

And Samuel is much better then Crowder. Crowder his last two years here before leaving as a FA: ~1250 total yards, 5 total TDs. Samuel his last two years in Carolina: ~1800 total yards, 12 total TDs.

Limiting it to the last two years seems like cherry picking.  You can compare the entire body of work.  Why just ignore the first 4 years of Crowder, which trump the first 4 of Samuel?  Because you know full well Crowder was injured that last year and missed 7-8 games.  So yeah, his production was gonna be down.  Although, as I recall, he did kinda have a rough year, even when he played.  But we clearly saw Crowder return to form in New York.  But like I say, timing is everything. 

Crowder's 4 years in Washington: 221 catches, 2628 yards, 11.9 per reception, 14 TDs, 2692 yards from scrimmage. 

Samuel's 4 years in Carolina: 185 catches, 2087 yards, 11.3 per reception, 14 TDs, 2565 yards from scrimmage. 

He's better in that he's faster and probably has better hands, but the production is what the production is.  The numbers don't come out of thin air.  We're paying for the upside potential of the speed, not for anything he's already done.  All I'm saying is, that's a risk.

Just now, DWinzit said:

Is Arnold the only real TE threat left? Feels that way

Ertz would be if the Eagles release him.  but for me Arnold seems the obvious next best target especially if the goal is as Keim put it stretch the field vertically. 

He's somewhat of a below the radar type of player so i got no idea if he's on their radar or not.

Does Sunday Ticket have a new home?

Not yet. DirecTV currently pays around $1.5 billion annually for the package, which offers a full slate of out-of-market game to customers. That the package wasn’t announced with the others could suggest there isn’t as robust a market for it, though streaming services like ESPN+ and NBC’s, Pea****, are considered favorites to eventually land it.

What do the deals mean for the future of football-watching?

In announcing the deal, the NFL touted its expanded streaming presence, with games on Amazon, ESPN+ and network streaming partners. Both NBC and ESPN will have exclusive games on their streaming platforms, meaning fans will need to purchase them to watch every Sunday and Monday night game. CBS will also make all of its telecasts available on Paramount+, its streaming service. All three media companies hope to use the NFL to boost their subscribers.

AD

But legacy media companies remain the predominant home of the NFL. The league has always prided itself on reaching the most fans, and the best way to do that continues to be broadcast TV.

The broadcast channels will likely increase the fees they charge cable companies to carry them over the life of the deal, meaning fans will ultimately pay for some of the higher rights fees. By giving some exclusive games to Amazon the league is also placing a bet, though a somewhat limited one, on the future of streaming.

What does it mean for the league?

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones can buy an even bigger yacht, probably. Also, the salary cap will eventually rise, though it fell for the 2021-22 season. The Cowboys signed quarterback Dak Prescott to a four-year contract recently worth around $160 million, signaling that some players will also see a windfall from the new deals.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ertz would be if the Eagles release him.  but for me Arnold seems the obvious next best target especially if the goal is as Keim put it stretch the field vertically. 

He's somewhat of a below the radar type of player so i got no idea if he's on their radar or not.

I am hoping to hear one more signing today or tomorrow. It sure would be nice if they hit on one of those FS's. Really though an Arnold or Wright would fill another big spot in the lineup. 

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I am hoping to hear one more signing today or tomorrow. It sure would be nice if they hit on one of those FS's. Really though an Arnold or Wright would fill another big spot in the lineup. 

Yeah FS for me, even WR to be honest. We have the capability to add a very good player. Add the player, then attack the draft. Free agent LBs look average to me, so add the quality free agent then go backer twice in the draft. 

Feels like we are sitting on a move somewhere, it may well be Ertz.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah FS for me, even WR to be honest. We have the capability to add a very good player. Add the player, then attack the draft. Free agent LBs look average to me, so add the quality free agent then go backer twice in the draft. 

Feels like we are sitting on a move somewhere, it may well be Ertz.

I agree, even if it's Boston not the better Harris they go with as he would not cost as much. That could save cap space for another or extending Scherff if that is really the plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So what if Fitzpatrick goes for 4,400 yards, 27 TDs and 14 INts and we make the playoffs this year? Almost have to extend him right?

I think the situation with Fitz will naturally work itself out.  If he has a great year, we will definitely look to resign him.  We will have money to give him a fair deal, and how awesome for him would it be to feel wanted.

I got me one hellofa a man crush. Gonna start growing out my beard for good luck.

XXXXX

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Anzalone might be worth checking out. I liked him at Florida.

With my diabetic retinopathy I’m not even gonna tell you what I though “Anzalone” was on first viewing. lol

Spending too much time watching vids on p-hub.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Is Arnold the only real TE threat left? Feels that way

The Texans did release Darren Fells today.  He's not much of a vertical threat but he is a good RZ target at 6-7.  11 TDs the last two seasons and he can block.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, drowland said:

The Texans did release Darren Fells today.  He's not much of a vertical threat but he is a good RZ target at 6-7.  11 TDs the last two seasons and he can block.

A guy who is a plus blocker is a big factor in my book.  He doesn't have to be a huge receiving threat, just someone who can burn you if you don't account for him.  He probably won't command big bucks, and a lot of teams are running out of money anyway.  I like this idea.

6 minutes ago, drowland said:

Good to have an option that can block. For so long we looked for guys that can block and be a weapon. Overnight we seem to wish for a weapon and if they can block, great. Weird.

How ole is that guy, he has been around forever.