Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, dyst said:

Don’t get too scared about who other teams have. People were scared about OBJ, and Golden Tate.

OBJ had some big games against us.  Tate I wasn't fearful of.  They've been drafting O line for years.  Thomas started off slow but emerged later that season.  If their receiving weapons are Slayton, Shepard, Golladay, Engram and Barkley (they throw to Barkley a ton) -- no one can complain Jones didn't have the weapons to thrive.   That wouldn't be an elite group but I'd say its a good group if they all stay healthy.

Their defense really emerged last year thanks in part to Leonard Williams emerging.  They signed a really good MLB and CB.    What they are missing is a pass rusher.  That's what I am rooting against them landing.  I figured no matter what they'd get a WR. 

We got to figure out how to beat that team.  I feel the pain of constantly losing to them because so many of my in-laws are Giant fans.  I think some here might miss how much they've dominated us considering they seem to be harmless in recent years as for being a threat to winning the East.  But their record against us in recent years is something insane.  I am guessing we've lost 10 out of the last 13 or something crazy like that. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, method man said:

Would've been good at that type of price but I honestly started getting lukewarm on him. He's not good in the run game and he's supposedly reactive vs instinctual against the pass

I actually heard he was good against the pass from listening to Cooley the other day. Their going to have fill the Linebacker position. 

8 minutes ago, method man said:

I'm not to concerned about Golladay. He's not going to age well. He doesn't separate that great - I see a similar career trajectory to Dez Bryant. 

I'm not concerned either. Reason being, by the time we're done upgrading our defense, especially DB's and Backers, which is already started going well with WJ3, our overall defense will be one of the best.

So I'm not concerned too much with division rivals getting 1 or 2 offensive weapons.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Confused 1

Just looked at our head to head record with the NY Giants

0-5 -- lost the last 5 in a row against them

1-7 -- the last 8 games

4-16 -- the last 20 games

that's crazy considering this has been a down period for the Giants.  Going back deeper into the Coughlin era they also dominated us.

I recall two Redskins players (if I recall Wynn was one of them?) said when they were in the Giants they didn't respect or take Washington seriously.  I recall years ago one of the Giants beat reporters said he was told that the biggest dissapointment for the Giant players that year was that they lost to Washington because that's a team they always expect to beat.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1-7 -- the last 8 games

that's crazy considering this has been a down period for the Giants.  Going back deeper into the Coughlin era they also dominated us.

I recall two Redskins players (if I recall Wynn was one of them?) said when they were in the Giants they didn't respect or take Washington seriously.  I recall years ago one of the Giants beat reporters said he was told that the biggest dissapointment for the Giant players that year was that they lost to Washington because that's a team they always expect to beat.

Emphuckinbarrassing. 

Even in a season where we swept Philly, Dallas and won at Pittsburgh we still found a way to get swept by NYG.

Not this year....not with Fitz and Heiny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

What's crazy to me is, I think NONE of those WR's that got big contracts got over 1,000 yards in a single season.

JuJu and Golladay have big seasons behind them. Samuel is primarily projection. Fuller, without suspension and injuries can get there and has projected to get there before, but again ... hasn't.

Free agency is paying B+ talent A+ money. And when you let the A+ talent hit the market (Trent) they get insane money.

Which is why building through the draft is the smartest move, supplemented with the occasional William Jackson type of contract and a few Logan Thomas' ...

BUT we need a WR, and we are in position to have to pay A money for B talent. Fortunately the market seems to be forcing the $$ back down to the talent level, but we'll see how this unfolds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1-7 -- the last 8 games

What's crazier, is all the faces of the Giants have changed during that whole period.

Different players, different coaches.

It doesn't matter who plays or who coaches them, they own us.

What's been the common denominator during all those years we went 4-16 against them ?

Dave Gettleman and John Mara ?

Even Getty has only been there since 2018

Does Mara pay the officials at our games ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

JuJu and Golladay have big seasons behind them. Samuel is primarily projection. Fuller, without suspension and injuries can get there and has projected to get there before, but again ... hasn't.

Free agency is paying B+ talent A+ money. And when you let the A+ talent hit the market (Trent) they get insane money.

Which is why building through the draft is the smartest move, supplemented with the occasional William Jackson type of contract and a few Logan Thomas' ...

BUT we need a WR, and we are in position to have to pay A money for B talent. Fortunately the market seems to be forcing the $$ back down to the talent level, but we'll see how this unfolds.

JuJu is clearly not a number 1 but I think he could have a terrific year playing with a 1. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What's crazier, is all the faces of the Giants have changed during that whole period.

Different players, different coaches.

It doesn't matter who plays or who coaches them, they own us.

What's been the common denominator during all those years we went 4-16 against them ?

Dave Gettleman and John Mara ?

Does Mara pay the officials at our games ?

Yeah its nuts.   What is Daniel Jones batting 100% against us and something pathetic against the rest of the league.

I hate to say it because I find Max Kellerman annoying but he was right when he said at one point  he's glad Washington is in the East because they provide wins the Giants can count on. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1-7 -- the last 8 games

Off the top of my head, the 1 win against them in the last 8 would be.....the first matchup in 2018? And then the 4 wins in the last 20 would be that one, the thanksgiving game in 2017, the first matchup in 2016, and the 2nd matchup in 2015 (thanksgiving weekend). 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1-7 -- the last 8 games

Giants to me are the biggest rival right now. They always, always beat us and their fans act like their team is actually good. It isn't.

• Like 1

Obviously Juju > Samuel. But since we lost crowder I’m realizing how bad we need a slot wr. Samuel is not only a really good slot, but also has the gadget dimension. I’d be pumped to get him, but not for anything over 10m/yr.

4 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

JuJu is clearly not a number 1 but I think he could have a terrific year playing with a 1. 

Fantasy background coming in to play here, but JuJu is THE epitome of a number 2 that can put up Number 1 numbers. He is the robin to batman. He struggled in 2019 with the QB situation in Pittsburgh and the lack of AB, and had a BIT of a rebound last year though he kind of slid under the radar with the emergence of Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool outside.

But in 2018 he dropped 1400 yards as a 22 year old in the slot while AB went for 1500 yards on the outside. Of course that year Big Ben dropped over 5k yards passing, but certainly Fitzpatrick is capable of that kind of craziness if we let him loose.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Giants to me are the biggest rival right now. They always, always beat us and their fans act like their team is actually good. It isn't.

Yep but being in the line of fire with my share of them personally -- I can't really goof on them until we can't beat them in a game once in awhile.  We won only a game more than they did last year and heck I don't know if we'd have won the division versus them if Hurts stayed in. 

• Like 1