Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

"Okay" is Cole Holcomb or someone like Tim Settle. They're better players than Bostic but we have no playcallers on D. Bostic is a notch or two below them. Bostic is a great leader though and he cares, which matters, but he's so freaking limited in what he can do in coverage and constantly shoots up the wrong gap. 

Yep. Bostic is a perfectly fine backup but should not be starting. 

I am higher than Khaleke Hudson than most and the coaching staff may be too, which is why they haven't signed a WILL yet after letting KPL go. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Also remember though Rothliesberger got hurt in 19 and then by the end of the year, couldn't throw downfield much anymore, plus the addition of Claypool.

JuJu is a very different person physically than when he entered the league, which I don't think gets enough attention.  He changed his approach to working out and has gotten pretty yoked, and it's not exactly helping his game.  He's bigger and bulkier now than when he put up the better numbers. 

He was never super athletic, more of a silky smooth type player, but he is physically a much different player than the one that put up that 1400 yard season.  

I'd be very cautious about expecting him to start being a downfield threat again just due to change of scenery/scheme/quarterback.

Personally I have no interest in him joining our squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

JuJu's career trajectory is a bit concerning. Got off to a great start and then had two seasons worse than his first two. Screams of a guy who isn't putting all his focus into football. 

Those were seasons without AB next to him too though.  He's a good #2 but not gonna be a good #1 in my mind

44 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

JuJu's career trajectory is a bit concerning. Got off to a great start and then had two seasons worse than his first two. Screams of a guy who isn't putting all his focus into football. 

Or it screams of a season with mason rudolph at qb and then a season with two stud young gun wrs and not enough food in the kitchen.

juju is a perfect #2, as he proved when he was alongside AB. That is exactly what we need here. My only concern is a #2 asking for #1 money.

Edited by CTskin
  • Like 2

Breer is well connected.  I think the clearly false report from Hughes that we are still in on Darnold after the Fitzpatrick signing smokes out that the Jets wanted people to believe that the WFT were in.    I am sure Hughes did hear it but the Jets evidently wanted him to put it out there.

Reminds me some of all the rumors about how SF was hot and heavy for Stafford and then it came out later that it was BS.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/03/17/nfl-mailbag-cleveland-browns-super-bowl-49ers-jets-free-agency

From Louie (@Louie_Rock): Have the Jets overplayed their hand on finding a spot to trade Darnold? It feels like the QB seats are starting to fill up with Fitzpatrick in Washington.

Louie, I don’t think so, because I believe that if something landed in GM Joe Douglas’s lap that was mind-blowing, he’d have moved Sam Darnold by now. Absent that, it was important to Douglas to first get medicals on BYU’s Zach Wilson, Ohio State’s Justin Fields and North Dakota State’s Trey Lance, and see those guys throw live. Fields will be the last of the three to have his pro day—and that’s not until March 30.

So no, the timing there is not ideal. And yes, there’s the risk that teams like Washington and Chicago might be completely out now (and I don’t think Washington was every really in at all on this one). But Douglas has talked with teams that needs quarterbacks, so it’s not like he doesn’t have a feel for where everyone stands.

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Or it screams of a season with mason rudolph at qb and then a season with two stud young gun wrs and not enough food in the kitchen.

juju is a perfect #2, as he proved when he was alongside AB. That is exactly what we need here. My only concern is a #2 asking for #1 money.

He still couldn't establish himself as a #1 last year when it was clear Pittsburgh didn't have WR1. He's looking to get paid like a #1, this is an easy no IMO, especially when you factor in all the tiktok distractions.

16 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

My eyes don't lie. Really numbers He has less than 850 receiving yards and 3 TDs last year. Will Fuller had more years than Samuels in 11 games. 

Your eyes do not matter, the stats are right there. Did you even click the link? 

Slant routes: 19.7%
9 routes: 12.1%
Post routes: 13.3%
Out routes: 10.6%

Curl routes: 7.6%
Corner routes: 3.8%
Dig routes: 4.9%

Comeback routes: 4.2%

Screen routes: 6.1%

Flat routes: 12.9%

Other routes: 4.9%

By my math that’s over 70% of his routes, at the least, that I would not consider to be “gadget” or “manufactured touches”. How is he a gadget player exactly? He’s a WR.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Your eyes do not matter, the stats are right there. Did you even click the link? 

Slant routes: 19.7%
9 routes: 12.1%
Post routes: 13.3%
Out routes: 10.6%

Curl routes: 7.6%
Corner routes: 3.8%
Dig routes: 4.9%

Comeback routes: 4.2%

Screen routes: 6.1%

Flat routes: 12.9%

Other routes: 4.9%

By my math that’s over 70% of his routes, at the least, that I would not consider to be “gadget” or “manufactured touches”. How is he a gadget player exactly? He’s a WR.

He also mentioned way back that he was watching him for fantasy purposes.  Which, I get that, Samuel is a dime a dozen fantasy guy, but in real life he is a versatile wide receiver that can be deployed in a lot of interesting ways by a smart OC.  Just because he has extra dimensions to his game doesn't make him Tavon Austin.

Not to mention his catch rate was near the top of the entire league and he's a serious threat downfield.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 1

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

He still couldn't establish himself as a #1 last year when it was clear Pittsburgh didn't have WR1. He's looking to get paid like a #1, this is an easy no IMO, especially when you factor in all the tiktok distractions.

Completely agree.  His YPC last year was 8.6 which is RB territory.  His receptions were almost entirely within 10 yards of the LOS.  Hard pass on him.

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

My gut feeling is he has more distractions that hold him back than anything. I think he's plenty talented enough. 

Evolving perception is he is all about himself and being popular.  He's wrecked his speed by adding bar muscles and doesn't get that separation he had prior.  He's not the kind of player they need.

• Like 1