Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He looked pretty good in this comeback win. 

Every scrub has a good game once in a while.  That is an aberration, and not the standard.  His great games are freak occurrences that make the overwhelmingly crappy performances he has on a regular basis not look as bad.

Edited by samy316

6 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Every scrub has a good game once in a while.  That is an aberration, and not the standard.  His great games are freak occurrences that make the overwhelmingly crappy performances he has on a regular basis not look as bad.

Pull the aberration game Sam Darnold has had that looks anything like that tape.

28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know man. Robinson balled out under him. 

McLaurin balled out, too.  It doesn't mean his QBs were wonderful.  With Robinson specifically google him and you'll find article after article about how others think he would do if he actually got good QB play.

I've watched some games of Trubisky in the last two weeks.  I'll just sum it up by saying I am not a fan of the dude.  But like I've been saying on the Qb thread, I don't care what roll of the dice QB they take as long as they get them cheap.  For me I don't want to give up picks and I'd want to be able to get out of the contract easily if said player busts.

I doubt Trubisky gets much on the market and from what I can tell he likely isn't much in demand.  So on that front, I am OK with it.  But my level of excitement for it would be a 0 on a scale of 0-10. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I agree, Bourne was much more interesting WR's to me than some of the bigger names

Haven’t seen what contract he got, but Bourne along with Jonnu Smith, with the chance to add another playmaker in the draft, would have been an excellent result for us.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know man. Robinson balled out under him. 

That says more about Robinson than Trubisky. People who watch Robinson regularly have been screaming for him to leave and finally get good QB play, and this will be the first time he gets a shot at that. Trubisky has without a doubt been seen as a negative factor. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

That says more about Robinson than Trubisky. People who watch Robinson regularly have been screaming for him to leave and finally get good QB play, and this will be the first time he gets a shot at that. Trubisky has without a doubt been seen as a negative factor. 

Who IS their QB?  Foles?  Or do they not currently have one under contract?

58 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Haven’t seen what contract he got, but Bourne along with Jonnu Smith, with the chance to add another playmaker in the draft, would have been an excellent result for us.

Jonnu was overpaid.  I think it's hard to see RR & Co. giving a 10M per yr deal to another TE when Logan Thomas outplayed almost everyone available. Kinda sends a bad message to guys and would form questions about 'the culture'.  Would be like eating a good looking dinner that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

giphy.gif

Edited by TheShredder
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Pretty sure all teams are interested in him with maybe the exception of the Bucs.

Not to be a Donny Downer but I'd be more impressed if we would sign JuJu and Jayon Brown or Everett.  

I wonder if Bill Belichick is freaking out because he's not used to his team sucking and he's trying to prove to himself that he wasn't only successful for so long due to Brady. I've believed for a long time that Bill B was a good but not amazing coach who's main accomplishment was lucking into the GOAT QB in the 6th round and I still believe it's true.

As far as Trubisky...meh. To me he's a poor man's (pre-injury) Alex Smith. His game reminds me of Alex because he has pretty good athleticism, checks down a ton and relies a lot on short/intermediate throws. But he throws more INTs than Alex, so he's the poor man's version.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wonder if Bill Belichick is freaking out because he's not used to his team sucking and he's trying to prove to himself that he wasn't only successful for so long due to Brady. I've believed for a long time that Bill B was a good but not amazing coach who's main accomplishment was lucking into the GOAT QB in the 6th round and I still believe it's true.

As far as Trubisky...meh. To me he's a poor man's (pre-injury) Alex Smith. His game reminds me of Alex because he has pretty good athleticism, checks down a ton and relies a lot on short/intermediate throws. But he throws more INTs than Alex, so he's the poor man's version.

Pats won't be getting those comp picks like they have in the past.  That team fell apart when Tom left.

• Like 2