Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Growing group of GOP members wants McCarthy to punish Kinzinger and Cheney for joining January 6 committee

A growing group of rank-and-file House Republicans wants House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and GOP leadership to punish Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for accepting a position from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to serve on the select committee investigating the January 6 insurrection.

The push to seek punishment rose to a new level on Sunday, after Pelosi announced that Kinzinger had accepted her invitation to join the committee. Initially, most rank-and-file Republicans were content to let Cheney serve without much of a fight, but Kinzinger's addition has changed the conversation and has put a new level of pressure on McCarthy.

While the loudest cries have come from members of the hard-right Freedom Caucus, sources say that the sentiment has started to spread beyond the hard-line crew.

"There's a lot," said one GOP member about the push to have the pair removed from their other committees. "Supporting Pelosi's unprecedented move to reject McCarthy's picks was a bridge too far."

Pelosi rejected two of McCathy's choices last week -- Reps. Jim Banks of Indiana and Jim Jordan of Ohio -- which prompted the GOP leader to withdraw all five of his picks.

Click on the link for the full article

Hearing this testimony and knowing what they did afterwards, more than a hundred GOP Congressmen should resign today. 

They won’t. They will continue being traitors and work to see division, but they ought to leave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

Did Burgold's name change, or have I been reading it wrong all these years?

~Bong

Hey Bing.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:18 AM, Borgold said:

No, I was Burgold and may be again. I used ninja text to hide a political quip in the Stadium while warning people not to look because there lie politics. 

TK thought the name change a fitting punishment. He thought my inability to resist made me more Borg than Burg. 

:ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I flipped to the conservative radio station to see if they were covering this.  Nope.  They were gloating because their team won gold in gymnastics.

The select committee will document this shameful chapter in the history of the United States.   The traitors, deniers, liars, enablers, and insurrectionists will be remembered for their actions. Many will be held accountable criminally.  All their names will be forever stained. Including Donald J. Trump. Regardless of whether the right wing ****ers try to turn away from the shame of it all.

• Like 3