Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

It IS scary, you cannot convince zealots, remember, even at the very end, with the Red Army already inside Berlin city limits, you had troops reviewed and sent on foot to fight singing the Horst Wessel marching song. 

They will not disappear

They will not just "fade away"

They will not forget and move on

This infection has festered here for generations, it is dug in very deep, they indoctrinate their children, they bolster each other to greater abject submission to their cause

This has only just begun

Yeah, there is a real fight coming and it's going to be bad. We could of had a revolution, but instead they've played into a civil war. Sad.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, there is a real fight coming and it's going to be bad. We could of had a revolution, but instead they've played into a civil war. Sad.

Actually I am kinda torn. On the one hand I believe I can see what's coming and it ain't pretty. On the other I am grateful that it is happening in my lifetime and I get to see it. This is the culmination of a historic dynamic I have watched play out over 60 years, and tbh I didn't think I would last long enough to see the pendulum swing back.

The path forward is one of diversity and unity and civility, healthy, educated and accepting, there simply is no other way. We need to aspire to those interconnected interrelated worlds we see in shows from future, Star Trek-y like societies that have moved beyond their primal impulses, but as the meme said, why aren't there Republicans in Star Trek? Because it's the future.

How and when we get there is the problem, we are at one of those hard inflection points in history. We cannot simply ignore and abide this any longer. We have to address it. You know what have to means? It means you don't get a choice.

They do not get to decide the future, they just don't. There is no end game/winning move for them, there is no path where they prevail and everything else doesn't fall apart. They represent destruction, rejection, dismissal and ignorance. Nothing is built with that, nothing can grow there. They genuinely would have to eliminate 80% of the populace and suffer no casualties to "win", and then they'd starve to death in the cold, blaming all the dead lefties for their misery. It's insane, the dictionary, textbook definition of insane.

The so-called "Greatest Generation" didn't choose that moniker, most of them were kids, seeing their first cars and airplanes, amazed at the voices coming out of radios, concerned with making a few bucks and getting laid, but history had other plans for them.

Apparently history has other plans for us as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Actually I am kinda torn. On the one hand I believe I can see what's coming and it ain't pretty. On the other I am grateful that it is happening in my lifetime and I get to see it. This is the culmination of a historic dynamic I have watched play out over 60 years, and tbh I didn't think I would last long enough to see the pendulum swing back.

The path forward is one of diversity and unity and civility, healthy, educated and accepting, there simply is no other way. We need to aspire to those interconnected interrelated worlds we see in shows from future, Star Trek-y like societies that have moved beyond their primal impulses, but as the meme said, why aren't there Republicans in Star Trek? Because it's the future.

How and when we get there is the problem, we are at one of those hard inflection points in history. We cannot simply ignore and abide this any longer. We have to address it. You know what have to means? It means you don't get a choice.

They do not get to decide the future, they just don't. There is no end game/winning move for them, there is no path where they prevail and everything else doesn't fall apart. They represent destruction, rejection, dismissal and ignorance. Nothing is built with that, nothing can grow there. They genuinely would have to eliminate 80% of the populace and suffer no casualties to "win", and then they'd starve to death in the cold, blaming all the dead lefties for their misery. It's insane, the dictionary, textbook definition of insane.

The so-called "Greatest Generation" didn't choose that moniker, most of them were kids, seeing their first cars and airplanes, amazed at the voices coming out of radios, concerned with making a few bucks and getting laid, but history had other plans for them.

Apparently history has other plans for us as well.

I absolutely agree Comrade. I'm all about the leftist Star Trek form of government, where everyone is diverse, vegan and educated. I also agree there will have to be a ton of suffering to get to that point, because I believe that  white supremist nationalists are dug into our government in every level, as well as our military and now militarized police and as someone who is fascinated by disaster (living through Maria directly hitting here before PR was something else), I'm glad we get to see it too. My morbid outlook also sees the humor in how this would coincide with the 6th great mass extinction. I'm glad I don't have kids.

I'll see myself out. :ols:

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Larry R. Brock Jr. confirmed to the New Yorker on Friday that he was the man pictured wearing a helmet and military gear on the Senate floor. The Air Force confirmed to Fox News that Brock entered the military in 1989 and became part of the Air Force Reserve in 1998. He served as an A-10 pilot until 2007 and retired in 2014. "As a private citizen, we no longer have jurisdiction over him," the Air Force said in a statement to Fox News.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f70562ffb9d02230310f084497c6155.jpeg

"I know it looks menacing," he said, adding that he neither knew of nor supported the vandalism and destruction at the Capitol -- which included broken windows and stolen historic relics. "That was not my intent."

Meanwhile, family members of Brock told the news outlet that he had used racist language in their presence and his pro-Trump views had veered further to the right in recent years. They noted that he may have held White-supremacist opinions, a charge which he has denied, the New Yorker reported. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-force-veteran-identified-capitol-zip-ties-senate-floor

Do you think we're as stupid as the echo chamber you've got your head stuck in?  

You want to pull this notion that you neither knew of nor supported the vandalism and destruction?  "That was not your intent"?  

Try selling that lie to a room full of Trumpers.  They're not stupid enough to believe it, either.  But they'll pretend to.  

You traveled from whatever ****hole country you live in, to Washington DC.  You took all of the military-looking gear you could get your hands on.  You purchased zip ties for the assault.  Your cover story for the trip was that you were going there to try to force the US Congress to ignore the results of an election and appoint a dictator.  (And the contents of your suitcase says that you knew that wasn't the plan when you left home.  It was just a cover story.)  

And you entered the US Capitol building as part of the mob you willingly joined, and them made your way through the building, to enter the chambers of the US Senate, with your hand holding the restraints that you brought with you.  

Forcing your way into the US Capitol, taking elected representatives hostage, and forcing them to appoint the dictator of your choice was your intent when you tossed the zip ties into the car.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Do you think we're as stupid as the echo chamber you've got your head stuck in?  

You want to pull this notion that you neither knew of nor supported the vandalism and destruction?  "That was not your intent"?  

Try selling that lie to a room full of Trumpers.  They're not stupid enough to believe it, either.  But they'll pretend to.  

You traveled from whatever ****hole country you live in, to Washington DC.  You took all of the military-looking gear you could get your hands on.  You purchased zip ties for the assault.  Your cover story for the trip was that you were going there to try to force the US Congress to ignore the results of an election and appoint a dictator.  (And the contents of your suitcase says that you knew that wasn't the plan when you left home.  It was just a cover story.)  

And you entered the US Capitol building as part of the mob you willingly joined, and them made your way through the building, to enter the chambers of the US Senate, with your hand holding the restraints that you brought with you.  

Forcing your way into the US Capitol, taking elected representatives hostage, and forcing them to appoint the dictator of your choice was your intent when you tossed the zip ties into the car.  

I think I'd read that people saw zip-tie guy find them in a cabinet or something.  Not that I'm pulling for the book not to be thrown at him.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I absolutely agree Comrade. I'm all about the leftist Star Trek form of government, where everyone is diverse, vegan and educated. I also agree there will have to be a ton of suffering to get to that point, because I believe that  white supremist nationalists are dug into our government in every level, as well as our military and now militarized police and as someone who is fascinated by disaster (living through Maria directly hitting here before PR was something else), I'm glad we get to see it too. My morbid outlook also sees the humor in how this would coincide with the 6th great mass extinction. I'm glad I don't have kids.

I'll see myself out. :ols:

See, I'm an outlier (in a lot of ways), I genuinely believe it all comes down to your perspective and point of view.

You can say "****, why me?....seriously, I don't want this" and I'd get that. No one wants this...correction, no one sane wants this. You shouldn't, no one should, it's nasty and evil and people suffer and if that's your thing then personally I think you'd serve the species better by being ground up to fertilize the Arizona desert.

Or, you can say "Damn, this is going to be hard and long and it's going to take strong people to see us through it and I want to be one of them". Notice, I didn't say "I already AM one of them" because that's horse****, we're the ones that don't train for destruction our whole lives, but "I want to BE one" showing a willingness to commit to what it takes and aspire to being on the side of humanity.

The others want you discouraged, you/me/everyone discouraged because then they win cheap battles easily. Dis-couraged, without courage, taking away your will to stand up. Their whole schtick is psychological warfare, Big and scary and wearing camo underwear and carrying spare clips to intimidate, but in reality they are a spider crawling across the lens of a flashlight, throwing the biggest spooky shadow but in reality, they fit easily under your heel.

• Like 3

Just now, PokerPacker said:

I think I'd read that people saw zip-tie guy find them in a cabinet or something.  Not that I'm pulling for the book not to be thrown at him.

I assert that if is absolutely impossible to construct a believable narrative which begins with "decent person who didn't premeditate engaging in an act of terrorism" to "person standing on the floor of the Senate, wearing military gear and carrying zip ties in his hands".  

OK.  I can think of one.  "ISIS kidnapped my family and said they'd kill them if I didn't pretend to go along with this".  

If you or somebody else in the thread wants to take a crack at constructing one, feel free.  

• Haha 1

I might be thought crazy, but I think the police did the right thing not confronting the crazy mob. I have no problem sitting back, taking their picture and holdiing them accountable later for all they do rather than start spraying protesters with mace and or bullets.

Why risk an armed conflict? Can anyone honestly say there would have been less people hurt or killed? If we are truly a politic of life,how can we advocate killing for civil disobedience? They, for the most part, damaged things, not people.

My issue is why did we treat BLM so differently? The only answer I have is institutional racism. I say let this response be the new normal.

2 hours ago, gbear said:

I might be thought crazy, but I think the police did the right thing not confronting the crazy mob. I have no problem sitting back, taking their picture and holdiing them accountable later for all they do rather than start spraying protesters with mace and or bullets.

Why risk an armed conflict? Can anyone honestly say there would have been less people hurt or killed? If we are truly a politic of life,how can we advocate killing for civil disobedience? They, for the most part, damaged things, not people.

Storming the capitol building to take congress hostage so they'll install your dictator isn't civil disobedience.

My issue is why did we treat BLM so differently? The only answer I have is institutional racism. I say let this response be the new normal.

The difference, I believe, is in policing.  Black Lives Matter was an indictment of police violence, and the police didn't take very kindly to that, so they violently cracked down on non-violent protestors.  These people, meanwhile, as Trumpers, stand by the police as long as the police aren't going against Trump, so the police see them as allies.  Hell, a number of these insurrectionists were flashing their own badges as they are the police from around the country.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, gbear said:

Sorry, but I disagree. There were 3 of the immediate successors to the president in that building: Pence, Pelosi, Grassley. They should be protected from armed insurrectionists at all costs. There is no disputing the traitors were armed (no, I'm not saying all of them were). They should have been met with force & crushed for all of us to see.  Cross this line at your own risk. The traitors were mere FEET from having access to our leaders in that building. There is little doubt it was about taking them hostage. Again, not ALL, but there is doubt the intent of the insurrection. 

The refusal - of whoever was in charge - to provide/allow armed National Guard to surround & fortify the Senate building before the siege are complicit in this. The events of the day were not a surprise. Barney Fife saw this coming. Nobody took action & those that did were handcuffed to prevent it. 

Sorry, this was not about destroying property at the Capitol. They built a ****ing gallows, had traitors with zip-ties to handcuff our elected officials. **** them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

When they let them through the barricades, I'm sure they imagined they would set up shop on the steps. At that point who would think they would outright storm the capital.  The alternative was a battle they would likely have lost and that would have sent the crazies into the Capitol even more fired up.  Just a horrible situation, and as undermanned as they were I can understand why they did it.  It's on their leaders.  

Edited by KAOSkins

You can argue that not meeting the insurrection with violence was smart in that it avoided bloodshed on the spot, but it looks like it has now emboldened those people and guaranteed that a violent  confrontation on a larger scale will have to happen. 

The only way to avoid that is for the post-mob identification and prosecution of those folks to be thorough, aggressive and very public. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Larry R. Brock Jr. confirmed to the New Yorker on Friday that he was the man pictured wearing a helmet and military gear on the Senate floor. The Air Force confirmed to Fox News that Brock entered the military in 1989 and became part of the Air Force Reserve in 1998. He served as an A-10 pilot until 2007 and retired in 2014. "As a private citizen, we no longer have jurisdiction over him," the Air Force said in a statement to Fox News.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f70562ffb9d02230310f084497c6155.jpeg

"I know it looks menacing," he said, adding that he neither knew of nor supported the vandalism and destruction at the Capitol -- which included broken windows and stolen historic relics. "That was not my intent."

Meanwhile, family members of Brock told the news outlet that he had used racist language in their presence and his pro-Trump views had veered further to the right in recent years. They noted that he may have held White-supremacist opinions, a charge which he has denied, the New Yorker reported. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/air-force-veteran-identified-capitol-zip-ties-senate-floor

Can't the AF recall him to active duty and court martial him? It is a stain on the image of the AF.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1