Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, tshile said:

it is entirely possible we’re watching the most significant thing in the history of our country.

I dunno.That a totally unqualified, unintelligent and narcissistic clown could be elected President, and continue to be supported by his party and many tens of millions of voters in spite of behaviors far worse than his critics feared … is the biggest thing in the history of our country.

We all knew he is unhinged and would do anything to not transfer power.  Even though there is even more evidence I suspect the party and his supporters will continue to believe in him.

Trump could be sitting in a jail cell and still get elected president. 

If they don’t get collaboration of the steering wheel story; it will just discredit her entire testimony. 

They shouldn’t have had her testify without getting others to testify and collaborate along with her.

I know they rushed this because they feared she may have decided to clam Up or fear she would be eliminated.

37 minutes ago, China said:

You know it's bad when they're talking about seditious conspiracy on Fox News:

Nah … tomorrow one of the executives will tell them it’s bad for ratings to keep talking about it, just like they did once they declared Biden the winner of the election. Their viewers were leaving in droves for OAN and others and so Fox dropped the subject and their viewers forgave them once Tucker, Hannity et al got back to their greatest hits.

2 hours ago, tshile said:

So to zoom out all the way. For just a second. 

it is entirely possible we’re watching the most significant thing in the history of our country.

Front row seats. Pretty awesome. 

No, its not.  Its ****.  Did people in Nazi Germany think that?  "Wow, our country did a significant thing.  Pretty awesome".  

We are getting a biased political narrative and it is disgusting.  Every media should have been calling out Trump as running a garbage campaign in 2015, as being a horrible person but they wanted a horserace... and people had bought into the "evil Clinton narrative" for decades. Just horrible... 

I remember talking Hillary vs. Trump in 2016 with co-worker who I assumed was politically attuned.  I couldn't convince him that Trump was going to be so bad. Even after all the stupid campaign garbage he thought it was entertainment.  A lot of people still think its entertainment.  I can't believe 2024 is setting up the exact same way... because Republicans want power more than character. And they will distort any image of opposition.

Our President was a clown show.  Not as bad as it could have been, but so much worse politically.  And he barely lost the Electoral College. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Our President was a clown show.  Not as bad as it could have been, but so much worse politically.  And he barely lost the Electoral College. 

I thought Trump was going to be reelected, but by less of an EC margin than he beat Hillary by in 2016.

I find it astounding that many of his supporters think he was going to get over 400 electoral votes in 2020 before the election was stolen.

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

No, its not.  Its ****.  Did people in Nazi Germany think that?  "Wow, our country did a significant thing.  Pretty awesome".  

I took it as @tshile speaking specificly to these Jan 6th committee hearings (but he can speak for himself) and what could end up being the mass legal rounding up of folks that tried to help Trump with this insurrection attempt, possibly Trump as well.  

Founders went out of their way to try to create a democracy that could stand the test of time, this is the biggest test its ever had, one we cant afford to fail.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the significance of this can't be overstated.  I've frequently seen the election of 1800 cited as the most significant in US/world history, since it was the first time (ever, anywhere) a losing party peacefully transferred power to a winning one, after a hard-fought and bitter election campaign.  The peaceful transfer of power became a hallmark of this country, and a guiding North Star for the rest of the planet.  It was what made America great.  That ended in 2020.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If they don’t get collaboration of the steering wheel story; it will just discredit her entire testimony. 

They shouldn’t have had her testify without getting others to testify and collaborate along with her.

I know they rushed this because they feared she may have decided to clam Up or fear she would be eliminated.

And if the rest of her entire story can be and is corroborated? What then?

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

I also just want to point out that:

Hutchinson publicly relaying under oath what happened in the SUV that she was told by others = hearsay

Anonymous source not under oath privately relaying they were told by others what Hutchinson said was not true, also = hearsay

For now, I'll trust the hearsay given publicly and said under oath a billion times more than the hearsay said anonymously, privately, and not under oath.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I took it as @tshile speaking specificly to these Jan 6th committee hearings (but he can speak for himself) and what could end up being the mass legal rounding up of folks that tried to help Trump with this insurrection attempt, possibly Trump as well.  

Founders went out of their way to try to create a democracy that could stand the test of time, this is the biggest test its ever had, one we cant afford to fail.

correct. 

but also - some of you apparently have a limited understanding of what the word awesome means and how it can be used. 

it doesn’t simply mean cool or something you really like, despite how it’s used as slang. 

yeah. Watching our government go through the process of investigating, trying, and convicting someone for TRYING TO OVERTHROW IT, in real time, is some of those words. Like half of them apply. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Add knowing about The Beast to things that everyone is an expert in.  Sheesh, what's next Destino?  Fishing stories?

I've zoomed way the **** out.  I'm not sure if this is the most significant thing in the history of our country, there was a skirmish between 1861 and 1865 that probably rivals this by a good bit.  And of course, that whole thing against those limey Brits in which we declared our independence looms large.  WWI, WWII, etc.

Now...things not war related?  Yes, I might agree with you there.  It's certainly in the top 3.  

The pathetic thing here is that there's a good swath of the country that doesn't believe that this is a big deal.  And they'll continue to believe that, no matter the outcome, that this wasn't a big deal, witch hunt, etc.  

I mean, I wasn't alive for Watergate but my rudimentary understanding of it all was that even the Republicans were like "Yeah, Dick, you ****ed up."  It was something that everyone knew was wrong.  And I don't think (again, could be wrong) that Republicans were trying to make excuses, cover for it, downplay it, etc.  

The Republicans were on Nixon's side until Alexander Butterfield spilled that Nixon had a taping system, ironically for his recording of his posterity. Once the legitimate Supremes ordered Nixon to turn over the tapes and the coverup was obvious to all, then the Republicans told him he needed to go. I watched it all on TV at the time. 

• Like 1

If we can assume that all of this is enough of a hit on Trump, that he can't win the Republican party and that somebody (e.g. Desantis) becomes the nominee, is it enough to protect our republic?

If Desantis wins in 2024 and loses in 2028, will he peacefully transition power?

If Desantis wins in 2024 and 2028, will he let a reasonably free election happen in 2028 where he's not running for President and step down if the GOP loses?

Or is essentially any elected Republican going to contest an election even if they lose and then personally maintain it from there?

(I think if Trump won in 2020, we'd see one of his sons running in 2024 where it would be a wink and a nod that Trump wasn't going to be President.)

(Yes, Desantis and the Republicans are going to do all sorts of things to make it harder for people to vote, make it so people that do vote against them votes doesn't matter much, and  make it easier for the Republican to maintain control but that happened for one party through the south since the end of the Civil War and we generally say it was still a Republic.  And when that party lost, power was transitioned peacefully.)

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Letting her talk before they got the people that were actually in the limo under oath is a curious move.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Letting her talk before they got the people that were actually in the limo under oath is a curious move.  

Yeah. It’s not a good look. 

and while an objective person can understand the difference between firsthand and secondhand testimony, it’s a bad move in what has otherwise been a well crafted (from their viewpoint) plan

At the moment it looks like they didn’t thoroughly investigate. That’s a look they can’t afford to have. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

If we can assume that all of this is enough of a hit on Trump, that he can't win the Republican party and that somebody (e.g. Desantis) becomes the nominee, is it enough to protect our republic?

If Desantis wins in 2024 and loses in 2028, will he peacefully transition power?

If Desantis wins in 2024 and 2028, will he let a reasonably free election happen in 2028 where he's not running for President and step down if the GOP loses?

Or is essentially any elected Republican going to contest an election even if they lose and then personally maintain it from there?

(I think if Trump won in 2020, we'd see one of his sons running in 2024 where it would be a wink and a nod that Trump wasn't going to be President.)

(Yes, Desantis and the Republicans are going to do all sorts of things to make it harder for people to vote, make it so people that do vote against them votes doesn't matter much, and  make it easier for the Republican to maintain control but that happened for one party through the south since the end of the Civil War and we generally say it was still a Republic.  And when that party lost, power was transitioned peacefully.)

Easy.  Just don’t yield power in ‘24 if DeSantis wins.  Harris doesn’t certify the election.  They’ve written the playbook. Execute better.

I may be half serious.

• Thumb up 1