Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Stop the Steal denied inciting violence: Now its leader wants to "bring hell" to his enemies

In the aftermath of last week's attack on Congress, Ali Alexander, chief organizer of the "Stop the Steal" election conspiracy movement, rejected any blame for the unprecedented political violence that flowed naturally from his event in Washington on Wednesday.

"I didn't incite anything," Alexander claimed in a video shared to Twitter on Friday. "I didn't do anything."

Hours after the riot, Alexander said bluntly: "I do not denounce this."

It's a common refrain for Alexander, a convicted felon who shed his given name Ali Akbar years ago while trying to establish himself as a Muslim face in Tea Party circles. For the last two months, since the election, Alexander has popped up at "Stop the Steal" rallies around the country, peddling lies and conspiracy theories and telling people he was prepared to die for the cause — denying that he endorsed violence while walking his rally crowds right up to the edge of insurrection. But two days after he shrugged off allegations that he played a central role in the unprecedented political crime last week, with authorities apparently on his trail and his Twitter account suspended, Alexander live-streamed his open embrace and endorsement of political violence.

"Rest assured in this," he says at one point in the 24-minute monologue. "The lord says vengeance is his, and I pray that I am the tool to stab these mother****ers."

Click on the link for more

• Sad 1

Telegram, a recent haven for the far right, purges extremist content

Telegram, a Dubai-based chat app that has attracted a surge of new users, including some far-right Trump supporters fleeing purges at other sites, has begun a rare purge of American extremist content.

At least 15 extremist Telegram channels — akin to chatrooms where the founders have moderating power — have recently been banned, according to a tally by NBC News. Content has been censored on several others.

Some pro-Trump zealots have moved to Telegram in recent days to plan violence on Jan. 20, the day Joe Biden is scheduled to be inaugurated.

One of the deleted channels, which proclaimed itself to be "eco-fascist," started in early June, hosting white supremacist content from its beginning. In the wake of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S.Capitol, its users posted Army manuals with bombmaking and munitions-making information.

Megan Squire, a professor of computer science at Elon University and a senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors extremist groups, said that while Telegram's approach to moderating extremist content tends to be "scattershot," many of the recent bans are new.

"A lot of these channels that have been banned in the last day have been up for months or years," Squire said. "I've been personally attacked on these channels before, and this is definitely new action on their part."

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, China said:

It's a common refrain for Alexander, a convicted felon who shed his given name Ali Akbar years ago while trying to establish himself as a Muslim face in Tea Party circles. For the last two months, since the election, Alexander has popped up at "Stop the Steal" rallies around the country, peddling lies and conspiracy theories and telling people he was prepared to die for the cause — denying that he endorsed violence while walking his rally crowds right up to the edge of insurrection. But two days after he shrugged off allegations that he played a central role in the unprecedented political crime last week, with authorities apparently on his trail and his Twitter account suspended, Alexander live-streamed his open embrace and endorsement of political violence.

"Rest assured in this," he says at one point in the 24-minute monologue. "The lord says vengeance is his, and I pray that I am the tool to stab these mother****ers."

Click on the link for more

The name of the organizer of this attack on the Capitol is really Ali Akbar?  

Im starting to think life really is a simulation.  A simulation that needs a better writing team. 

• Haha 7

Gov't officials and select personnel in law enforcement having prior knowledge of the Capitol being targeted for an insurrection attempt does not eliminate the fact that a mob of simps were still needing to be incited in order to have the numbers to get the job done. Once again Don Jr is just being an idiot.  You literally have Trump supporters posting about how they did it because Trump was asking them to fight for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1