Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Is anyone aware of any polling on the topic of whether people think the Capitol rioters are seditious insurrectionists, justified patriots, or not a big deal?  

You know something I have found interesting about these kinds of polls.  A lot of times when every day people are polled right after news hits or events happen, even the majority of conservatives are sort of like "whoa, WTF?" but it is seems to shift a week, two weeks, a month after Fox News is able to pound into their brains whatever narrative they have concocted.  It happened with almost every major Trump Eff Up over the last four years.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Pelosi is gangsta. 

There's also a certain element of "I don't give a **** what you think about me." when you get to be 80+.  I know, my father has been wearing a "**** Trump" hat around Florida for the past couple of years.  He's 85.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

‘I feel betrayed’ — Ken Langone blasts Trump and Capitol rioters, vows to support Biden

Republican businessman Ken Langone on Wednesday blasted last week’s Capitol Hill riot, indicating on CNBC he felt “betrayed” by President Donald Trump’s actions that led up to the deadly events.

“I think the biggest mistake anybody is going to make is try and rationalize what happened last week, what the president did and what that crowd did,” Langone said on “Squawk Box.” “There should be no mitigation at all. It was horrible. It was wrong. I’m shocked.”

Trump’s supporters overtook the U.S. Capitol exactly one week ago in an effort to stop Congress from finalizing President-elect Joe Biden’s win in the Electoral College. Trump’s incendiary rhetoric and repeated lies about widespread fraud in the November election helped rile up his supporters and, at a speech in Washington, the president encouraged supporters who gathered in the city to march to the Capitol.

“I feel betrayed,” said Langone, who has been highly supportive of Trump’s economic policies over the years while also at times criticizing the president, such as for his response to the deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017.

“Last Wednesday was a disgrace,” added Langone, the billionaire co-founder of Home Depot who has donated over the years to Republicans. “It should never have happened in this country. If it doesn’t break every American’s heart, something is wrong. It breaks my heart, for sure. I didn’t sign up for that.”

Langone, who serves as chairman of the board of NYU Langone Medical Center, urged Americans to rally behind Biden and ditch partisanship. “If there’s a time in history where all Americans need to be a patriot, this is that time,” he said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

'This isn't the final chapter': Analyst warns, again, about rise of right-wing extremists

In April 2009, a senior Homeland Security intelligence analyst named Daryl Johnson wrote an internal report warning that right-wing extremism was on the rise in the United States and that it could lead to violence.

The report leaked, and the backlash was swift. Republican lawmakers were furious. Veterans advocates criticized a section raising concerns about service members returning with post-traumatic stress. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano apologized for parts of it, and the unit ultimately was dissolved.

Nearly 11 years later, a mob of right-wing extremists, spurred by President Donald Trump, stormed the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot that highlighted the magnitude of the threat.

"This Capitol insurrection that we just had last week — some people were like OK, this is the climax of the story. No, it's not. This is ushering in a new phase of violence and hostility," Johnson said in an interview. "This isn't the final chapter of a movement that's dying out."

Johnson, who runs DT Analytics, a security consulting firm, published a 2019 book about U.S. extremism called "Hateland." He spoke to NBC News about the threat and how it can be quelled.

A transcript follows, lightly edited for length and clarity.

Click on the link for more

Edited by China
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

No, because you're not a vet yet. You keep doing what you do. 

No sarcasm. 

Sure I am.  I was honorably discharged, at each re-enlistment.

Totally sarcasm.

18 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I think it's going to be a bit difficult to unify with these people, but I could be wrong. 

Hell, I have more ammo than that.  And more hatchets.  And a sword.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

A few more rats jumped off.

Why am I not surprised he's gonna stiff Rudy.  No money, no pardon, Trump will discard anyone he no longer has use for.  Maybe Trump will cross someone from the Mob and...

• Thanks 2