Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Trumps people are still pushing the big lie.

You can’t wash your hands of violence while supplying mobs with what would be, if true, a very good reason for violence.  A coup is a great reason for people to rise up against their government.  Republicans aren’t so stupid as to not know this, so anyone pushing this fiction has blood on their hands.  In this instance those bloody hands belong to Peter Navarro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“No One Took Us Seriously”: Black Cops Warned About Racist Capitol Police Officers for Years

Allegations of racism against the Capitol Police are nothing new: Over 250 Black cops have sued the department since 2001. Some of those former officers now say it’s no surprise white nationalists were able to storm the building.

https://www.propublica.org/article/no-one-took-us-seriously-black-cops-warned-about-racist-capitol-police-officers-for-years/amp?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR3Ohv20hsGXzOTA_e0Nql4pG7qMszuK6sdcD7U5QpDNbdJs9Ju-IPyQ3as

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

These people are stupid, but I don't think they'll be in DC next week unless they have a death wish. It's a diversion.

Oh, but they are willing to die for their cause, they say in their cosplay costumes.   So, "patriots" or ****ing cowards? I'll bet a Don't Tread on Me beer coozie on the latter. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Just pointing out, for example, it took a long time and a ton of work for the Feds to convict some of the Klansmen in the south in the 60s.  

This is going to be a long fight.  Against an enemy who has capabilities of it's own.  (Including the country's major political Party, actively working to protect them.)  

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out, for example, it took a long time and a ton of work for the Feds to convict some of the Klansmen in the south in the 60s.  

This is going to be a long fight.  Against an enemy who has capabilities of it's own.  (Including the country's major political Party, actively working to protect them.)  

I think your underselling the level of resources that are pointed at them right now. 

The amount of information that feds have access to, mainly because these people are incapable of keeping their thoughts to themselves.

A major party is not going to foot legal bills for hundreds of people where video, audio and written evidence is available.

People are mad and as a federal employee, I’m going to make a broad statement. The majority of civil servants have a large dislike for the leadership of the last four years not only at the presidential level but all the way down to high level political appointees. This is a chance for them to hold people accountable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

16 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

I think your underselling the level of resources that are pointed at them right now. 

The amount of information that feds have access to, mainly because these people are incapable of keeping their thoughts to themselves.

A major party is not going to foot legal bills for hundreds of people where video, audio and written evidence is available.

People are mad and as a federal employee, I’m going to make a broad statement. The majority of civil servants have a large dislike for the leadership of the last four years not only at the presidential level but all the way down to high level political appointees. This is a chance for them to hold people accountable. 

And how many Klansmen got acquitted in towns where every person in town knew they were guilty before the trial even started?  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

And how many Klansmen got acquitted in towns where every person in town knew they were guilty before the trial even started?  

How many of those people had the national security apparatus actively pursuing them?

I understand your point, but trying to equate a local / state investigation to a federal is not realistic. It’s very likely some people get off with a lower sentence but the federal system is not comparable to state and local. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Why do the national guard sleeping in the Capitol have to sleep in the hard floor?

They're totally fine, just catching a few. Everyone learns how to rest/sleep in any basic military training. 

“Mr Churchill, to what do you attribute your success in life?

Conservation of energy. Never stand up when you can sit down. And never sit down when you can lie down.”

Winston S. Churchill

• Like 2