What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

Have we talked about the jail time?

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Frankly, I’d bet a significant number or Republicans would go along with this (getting Trump out of the picture, regaining moderate support), if not for it then opening up a number of them to consequences.  Also pretty crazy to think a number of them probably wouldn’t support it because they’d fear for their and their family’s lives... What a world we’re living in (and what a snake pit the GOP has dug).

Feels like most of the GOP House/Senate members are feeling like they’re left with no option but to keep digging (Antifa!).  Insanity.
The flip side is that Dems pushing too hard (removal of Senators/Reps, for instance - not that I feel that’s pushing too hard) could mean a political backlash in 2022.

My sincere hope is a large chunk of rabid Trump voters simply refuse to vote, believing the fraud is real (I guess I’d rather they just get their heads out of their ***es) and not trusting the GOP after they ‘failed’ the voters.  Then Dems go on to clean up in midterms.  I’m getting off topic though...

Archived