What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I think their argument is more closely summarized as "Me, and the entire GOP, have absolutely no responsibility for the lies which we have been systematically telling for over a month, and which we are continuing to tell, in the Congressional Record, after the attempted coup."  

That’s certainly the narrative (subtext?) they want their followers to buy into even as some continue pushing Trump’s election rhetoric 

51 minutes ago, visionary said:

I don't get why they would wait another day once it fails unanimous consent. 

Also we know 25 amendment isn't happening now, so this seems a bit of a waste of time, unless she's been promised more support if she does it this way.

I think it is possible for the 25th to be used. I don't think Pence will throw him any bones purposefully at this point, but when the SDNY proceeds with their cases against Trump, Trump's defense will say he wasn't mentally aware of what he was doing for a number of years. They could cite the evidence of the 25th being used as being mentally unfit. I'm wondering if this is why Pence isn't invoking it. 

Do I think it'll happen this way? No. However, anything is possible and Trump will do anything to keep anyone from having him pick up a bar of soap in jail. 

50 minutes ago, visionary said:

I don't get why they would wait another day once it fails unanimous consent. 

Also we know 25 amendment isn't happening now, so this seems a bit of a waste of time, unless she's been promised more support if she does it this way.

I think she would prefer Trump to resign cause it’s the fastest way for him to actually be gone. Trying to apply pressure

GOP Senator Insists Trump Shouldn’t Resign: ‘He Touched the Hot Stove’ and Won’t Do It Again

Remember when Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) explained away her decision to acquit President Donald Trump of impeachment last year because, in her opinion, “the president has learned from this case?”

Well, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) gave us the sequel to that hopelessly naive notion on Sunday morning.

Amid a growing chorus of Republicans calling for the president to resign for inciting an insurrectionist attack on the U.S. Capitol, Blunt appeared on CBS News’ Face the Nation and criticized Trump’s behavior. But at the same time, he stopped short of calling for the president to step down—insisting Trump has actually learned his lesson this time.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, JCB said:

Shaming Trump voters, spare me. These damn people need to **** off to some other country.

I still say we banish Trump and his followers to one of those nuclear test sites in the Pacific like Bikini Atoll. 

Even though I'm against the death penalty I'm willing to make an exception for traitors. 

The GOP are so full of it when they say "uniting the country." What would unite people is for the GOP to grow up and do the right thing and show that accountability for your actions is not a partisan issue.  Make it clear that regardless of politics, certain actions will not be tolerated and repercussions will happen.  Instead, they are doing what that have done the last 4 years, attempt to jump on the gravy train of Trump's cult-like support.

52 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The GOP are so full of it when they say "uniting the country." What would unite people is for the GOP to grow up and do the right thing and show that accountability for your actions is not a partisan issue.  Make it clear that regardless of politics, certain actions will not be tolerated and repercussions will happen.  Instead, they are doing what that have done the last 4 years, attempt to jump on the gravy train of Trump's cult-like support.

Some of them have. It's why I think that the Lincoln Project will become the Lincoln Party. The membership will have tight qualifications and most likely exclude those Representatives and Senators who voted to overturn the election. 

Like Junior trumpeted, the Republican Party is now the Trump party. A brand new party needs to start the work now to get on ballots and form coalition with Democrats to force the Republican party out of existence. It's the easiest way to restore morality and fealty to the Constitution for conservatives.

Same things I keep asking...

What's radical about wanting everyone to have healthcare?

What's radical about background checks for guns?

What's radical about liking clean air & water?

Absolutely nothing.  They're just idiots who can't possibly believe that they are the radical ones. 

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Same things I keep asking...

What's radical about wanting everyone to have healthcare?

What's radical about background checks for guns?

What's radical about liking clean air & water?

Absolutely nothing.  They're just idiots who can't possibly believe that they are the radical ones. 

+_fec9478f105607f574cf8fd75544c2e7.jpg

Archived