Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

• 2 weeks later...

How's "centrist" Joe Manchin going re: Build Back Better negotions?  We got some news today. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/586003-democratic-talks-with-manchin-show-signs-of-melting-down

Manchin lost his temper when Arthur Delaney, a reporter for HuffPost Politics, asked Manchin if he opposed providing the expanded child tax credit in monthly installments of $300 to families with young kids.  “Guys, I’m not negotiating with any of you all. You can ask all the questions you want. Guys, let me go. This is bulls--- You’re bulls---,” he fumed, grumbling “God almighty” as he walked back to his office.  One senator who requested anonymity to discuss Manchin’s position said the West Virginia senator in the past has raised concerns about providing an enhanced child tax credit in monthly payments because it could then be viewed as a type of supplemental monthly income.

In case people didn't know, this month was the last month of the expanded child tax credit ($1000 more for children over 6 and $1600 more for children under).   Eligible families were getting $300 per child.  Way for Joe M to own that and explain why he should hold it to the American people.

Unfortunately, good policy and good government don't win elections (yet).

Manchin yells at reporter: 'You're bull----'

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) vented his anger with the media in the wake of a report that he wants to drop the child tax credit, a popular program, from President Biden’s expansive climate and social spending package.

“This is bull****. You’re bull****,” Manchin yelled at Arthur Delaney, a reporter for HuffPost Politics, who asked him to confirm the report that the child tax credit has become a major sticking point in talks with the White House.

“I’m done, I’m done,” Manchin fumed, his voice rising, after Delaney asked whether the senator could support continuing $300 monthly payments to families with young kids.

The testy exchange followed another contentious back-and-forth between Manchin and a group of reporters, including CNN’s Manu Raju.

Raju reported that talks between Manchin and Biden were not going well because Manchin wants to cut the child tax credit out of the bill.

Manchin denied the report and said members of the media are hearing “a lot of bad rumors.”

“I’m not opposed to child tax credit, I’ve never been opposed to child tax credit,” he insisted.

Manchin also made clear that he’s getting sick and tired of being grilled about his position in the negotiations with Biden.

Click on the link for the full article

Quit being a douchenozzle and obstructing these bills, and you'll stop getting grilled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I don’t see BBB coming back next year. It’s cooked at this point. No actual reform or progress will happen on voting rights either for the same reasons. 

Call me redskins2000 if you want but Biden’s entire presidency is dead. We all knew he had two years to make a ton of progress and he did a lot but he didn’t do nearly enough thanks to people like Manchin. 

he hasn’t been vocal in in pushing the GOP or even making the country aware of the dangers we are facing right now as a democracy. 

facinf an absolute bloodbath in 2022 and with that will follow 2 years of absolutely nothing getting done but investigations, conspiracies, and impeachments setting up a cake walk for trump in 2024 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t see BBB coming back next year. It’s cooked at this point. No actual reform or progress will happen on voting rights either for the same reasons. 

Call me redskins2000 if you want but Biden’s entire presidency is dead. We all knew he had two years to make a ton of progress and he did a lot but he didn’t do nearly enough thanks to people like Manchin. 

he hasn’t been vocal in in pushing the GOP or even making the country aware of the dangers we are facing right now as a democracy. 

facinf an absolute bloodbath in 2022 and with that will follow 2 years of absolutely nothing getting done but investigations, conspiracies, and impeachments setting up a cake walk for trump in 2024 

I know things seem bleak right now but don’t worry.  Occupy is gonna get 25K activists to spend all summer in Portland throwing milkshakes, getting naked and chanting “defund the police” and there’s gonna be a huge midterm blue wave.

Just you wait!!

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree with you, that I don't see him accomplishing a thing. 

And I also agree. He's not only wasted the option to accomplish anything legislatively, he's completely abandoned even the Bully Pulpit as a form of shifting public awareness. 

Maybe this is just a reflection of my low information choice of news sources. But I think Ron DeSantis gets more media attention than Joe Biden does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There are no "moderate" politicians anymore, that is just code word for "corporate". Now, Biden may not be taking direct handouts from corporations like Sinema and Manchin, but he still answers to them. He's the same as Hillary and Obama, he was never going to actually rock the boat.

30 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

There are no "moderate" politicians anymore, that is just code word for "corporate". Now, Biden may not be taking direct handouts from corporations like Sinema and Manchin, but he still answers to them. He's the same as Hillary and Obama, he was never going to actually rock the boat.

I disagree. I think he wants to and wants to go down in history changing America. He just is way past his prime and doesn’t have the fight in him in addition to tragically miscalculating the political climate he was walking into. I can’t fault him for being old but there is no excuse for so effortlessly taking this bull****. He saw firsthand what happened to his best bud Barack, he should have walked into this presidency, following an attempt to overthrow democracy and stop his win, with his gloves up ready to go to war. He’s just not up for the fight. 

i say that I think he wants to shake the cart yet the things he has the power to control like student debt he just ignores. Look at that above graph of young voter support. There are a few things he could do right now that would easily skyrocket that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Joe Biden is only an accidental president.

In normal times, no way he becomes President or even the nominee.  He just had the luck that Donald Trump was his opponent.

When a new president from the opposite party wins the election , that president usually has some coattails. Joe had none. The gop won house seats. In the regular 2020 election the gop kept seats that Dems should’ve won. It’s only 50-50 because if the Georgia special election and the fact Donald Trump told his voters not to vote. Otherwise Mitch would be majority leader.

So, the DINOS have the real power in the Senate and are using it to limit Joe’s agenda.

Joe also is a weak president. He’s not a rah rah guy. He still foolishly thinks the gop will work with him on some things. He doesn’t have what it takes to use the bully pulpit. Also, he just want forget about Trump. Thing is Trump is still a threat and his minions are making sure the gop wins forever.

Joe is going to find what living hell will be  like in 22.  He got what he could. Nothing will happen next year.

39 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Joe Biden is only an accidental president.

In normal times, no way he becomes President or even the nominee.  He just had the luck that Donald Trump was his opponent.

If this is true, what does it say about Clinton and Obama. I don’t think it’s true.

39 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

41 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If this is true, what does it say about Clinton and Obama. I don’t think it’s true.

Whoever was the Democratic nominee in 92 was going to beat Bush. 

Same thing in 08, after another Bush.

Trump was an abnormal result. Only reason Joe got the nomination  Was because the Dems felt no one else could beat Trump.

Joe got all he could out of his presidency. It 3 years of nothing.

Edited by Rdskns2000

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Joe also is a weak president. He’s not a rah rah guy. He still foolishly thinks the gop will work with him on some things. He doesn’t have what it takes to use the bully pulpit. Also, he just want forget about Trump. Thing is Trump is still a threat and his minions are making sure the gop wins forever.

Forget the GOP. He foolishly thought members of his own party would work with him on things!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Y'all are discouraged because things look bleak right now, or at least the version of reality being offered up by the media is pushing a "things look bleak" narrative.

Take a break, take a breath, check back in later

This **** ain't over, it has barely even begun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Y'all are discouraged because things look bleak right now, or at least the version of reality being offered up by the media is pushing a "things look bleak" narrative.

Take a break, take a breath, check back in later

This **** ain't over, it has barely even begun

Election years rarely see major legislation passed. It happens . Obamacare was passed in an election year. Different time now and Dems barely control anything and that lets the Manchins and Sinemas run the day.

6 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Forget the GOP. He foolishly thought members of his own party would work with him on things!

That was one of my predictions. I said gop obstruction was expected, it was the Democrats he would have problems with.

Only thing I got wrong, which Dems he would have problems with.

I have an issue with Sinema and Manchin, a huge one. 

The last Senator to derail the President's legislation this way was McCain regarding the GOP desire to kill Obamacare.  McCain made that decision perhaps for more procedural respect for the Senate than "helping the little guy" but his decision was ultimately a win against rich corporate interests in favor of the little people who benefit from ACA.

Who is Manchin helping by blocking BBB?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Who is Manchin helping by blocking BBB?

Just a matter of complete, uninformed, speculation.  I would not be at all surprised if Manchin has Dems coming to him and privately telling him that hay, I don't like this bill, because . . . . .  But I don't want to publicly take the heat from saying that I'm blocking it.  But I sure am glad that you're blocking it."  

True, but how can Americans hold our elected officials accountable if they are too ahem* chickensh-- to publicly state policy positions. 

Is this democracy?  

Every policy Biden wants to do, he can get through immediately. If there is a true hold-up, by people who want to pass the bill, it can get resolved in weeks, not months.  The bill is now released from committee. 

Banks needed a bailout in 2008 and the bill was crafted in two weeks and passed in a week.  Many American families just lost a 300 tax credit payment per child... very few know that come January they won't get it.  Late January we are going to be seeing stories in the media of families hurt by decision to slow down the bill.  

In fact whenever corporations in general complain about taxes, we should remind them the American people are constantly lunging off the edge of cliffs to grab their bootstraps as they fall headfirst into peril.  And those same corporations have the gall to donate politically to prevent government benefits going to people. 

2001, 2008, COVID relief....  everyone over 40 should be way beyond pitchforks at this political system. 

• Thanks 2