Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Schedule

hail2skins

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not trying to being a Debbie downer but trying to fuel some NY Giant hate.  :ols:  I've been at it for years.   That team and the media that covers them has been the most condescending NFC East team towards the WFT for a long time.  Yet I notice once the season starts to some the Giants are either the "nicest" NFC East team who don't deserve the scorn directed towards the Eagles or Cowboys or they are just some pathetic team that don't deserve to be taken seriously.  Both sentiments drive me a bit crazy :ols:.  I've talked about this plenty in the weekly game threads when we play the Giants but there is a long history of the NY media and the Giant players looking down on this team.  

Well ya don't need to fuel any Giant hate with me living in Giant country....DAMNIT!!!! :ols:

It's not just the team and media that are the most condescending, it's their freaking fans!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Well ya don't need to fuel any Giant hate with me living in Giant country....DAMNIT!!!! :ols:

It's not just the team and media that are the most condescending, it's their freaking fans!

lol, I know it.  Many of my in laws are Giant fans.  Some of my college friends, too.   

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I think I'm gonna wait until they inevitably start like 3-7

Yeah I am thinking also they can ask for the moon for these seats now but how many people are going to pay them $1000-$2000 for seats?  Eventually I think some of these come down. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I know it.  Many of my in laws are Giant fans.  Some of my college friends, too.   

Sorry......:rofl89:

Most everyone around me is...just awful

Edited by DWinzit
added last sentence about cruddy Giant fans
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

I plan on going to the game. I live in socal. Tickets are obscene right now though. I'm hoping they'll drop as the Raiders inevitably rack up losses.

I unfortunately don’t think the prices will go down. Vegas has been absolutely swamped the last month or so. People have a lot of pent up energy for Vegas and a lot more are still waiting a few more months to come back. They’re anticipating this summer to be the busiest in Vegas history so I don’t expect that to die down in any way coke football season. I may end up biting the bullet come game time.

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I am thinking also they can ask for the moon for these seats now but how many people are going to pay them $1000-$2000 for seats?  Eventually I think some of these come down. 

I hope they do, but from what I’ve seen around town the last month I don’t expect them to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree though NYG have our number way beyond Ron.  We've lost 5 in a row.   6 out of the last 7.  12 out of the last 16.    its beyond strange.  And unlike some on the board I can't goof on that team until their dominance stops over us.  At least last season the games where close.  But in the mix of that losing streak we got some big time spankings in the mix. 

As for Greeny, he is a big Fitzpatrick guy and he thinks WFT secured the division by signing him.  He gets attacked for his opinion by some like Ryan Clark who isn't a Fitz guy and says the division is Dallas' to lose.  But he's sticking with the WFT.

We are NY’s little ****. They own us.

4 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Yeah, Antonio REALLY held on to it.  I don't blame him.  We the fans have been just as jaded & angered as Antonio and Ryan as well.  Snyder has been so truly awful as an owner.  He needs to STAY away from any football decision making with the braintrust we have now.  Dan has made it hard to be a Skins/WFT fan.  We are just now, perhaps, beginning to heal.  We will see. 

Dan will eventually return to his meddling ways; especially the longer we don’t have a long term QB. Also, Synder will grow to dislike all the power he gave Ron and will eventually turn on Ron.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree though NYG have our number way beyond Ron.  We've lost 5 in a row.   6 out of the last 7.  12 out of the last 16.    its beyond strange.  And unlike some on the board I can't goof on that team until their dominance stops over us.  At least last season the games where close.  But in the mix of that losing streak we got some big time spankings in the mix. 

As for Greeny, he is a big Fitzpatrick guy and he thinks WFT secured the division by signing him.  He gets attacked for his opinion by some like Ryan Clark who isn't a Fitz guy and says the division is Dallas' to lose.  But he's sticking with the WFT.

Our games with NY have all been stupid close recently for the most part. We're losing games by field goals and in 2019 took them to OT but lost (thankfully). Eventually luck will swing our way against them, we might have beaten them last year if we had kicked the extra point instead of gone for two, but I ultimately agree with going for the win every time, even if we come away with the defeat. 

Ryan Clark is always against us for whatever reason. I'm not sure what his deal is, but I bet it's a personal issue against the org. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Wait. Who’s coming to Vegas for the game?? I live here.

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I booked a room and airfare but I'm waiting on tickets, I don't see how they could get much more expensive than they are right now and if they do I'll just go to a sports bar.

I'm really excited about our trip though, spending 5 nights, Saturday to Thursday. 

Never been to Vegas before and it's definitely a bucket list item so the skins playing just gave me the push I needed to pull the trigger.

Any advice you could give me about the town would be greatly appreciated. 

If you have any insider tips I'd love a pm.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 2

I live in Northern California so I think our away game at Denver might be my best shot at seeing the team this year. I also have family there so I'm considering going to that game. Vegas is a possibility but I think those tickets will be priced quite a bit higher than Denver's... Unless Denver gets Rodgers of course. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

1. Washington vs Chargers (1-0) - Ron Rivera's squad opens the season with a win. Defense gets going much earlier in the year than offense, so Chase Young will win this duel with Justin Herbert. 
  2. Washington vs Giants (1-1) - Don't really know why but the Giants have Washington's number. Things don't always make sense in the NFL. 
  3. Washington @ Buffalo (2-1) - After a tough home loss to New York, and then a nice break after a Thursday night game, Washington gets the improbable win in western New York. Remember, Bills coach Sean McDermott came up in the NFL coaching under Rivera. 
  4. Washington @ Atlanta (3-1) - This is a win. Falcons are in a weird quasi-rebuild mode, and that's a bad place to be. 
  5. Washington vs New Orleans (4-1) - Another win. Drew Brees is gone and thinks might not look the same with Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill. That Saints defense is tough though. 
  6. Washington vs Kansas City (4-2) - Loss. Mahomes. 
  7. Washington @ Green Bay (4-3) - Loss. Rodgers. (Maybe)
  8. Washington @ Denver (5-3) - Win. Denver can't score. Their QB situation is about as good as Washington's was in 2020.
  9. Washington vs Tampa Bay (5-4) - A rematch of the 2020 Wild Card game, where Washington and Heinicke gave the Bucs a good fight. Eventually, Tom Brady pulled it out, and he does it again here. 
  10. Washington @ Carolina (6-4) - Rivera ain't losing his return to Charlotte. Not happening. 
  11. Washington vs Seattle (6-5) - Loss. Russ. 
  12. Washington @ Las Vegas (7-5) - This trip will be wild with a million Washington fans descending on the Strip, but as for the action on the field, the defense wins this one. 
  13. Washington vs Dallas (8-5) - Here comes the meat grinder. Whatever team of the Cowboys, Giants and Washington is the most healthy by the time this stretch of five straight division wins starts will win the NFC East. Washington wins this one. 
  14. Washington @ Philadelphia (9-5) - The Eagles are a mess. New coach, front office discord, no answer at QB. 
  15. Washington @ Dallas (9-6) - Dak Prescott will not be swept this season. 
  16. Washington vs Philadelphia (10-6) - Repeat: The Eagles are a mess. Win. 
  17. Washington @ New York Giants (10-7) - I'll predict a win over the Giants when I see a win over the Giants. 
  • Like 1

Whats more important is WHEN you play a team. Are you playing teams coming off byes? Coming off a short work week? Are you catching a team at a good time(suffering through injuries, in a cold streak, etc.)?

Take last year for example. If we play the Steelers early in the season its probably a loss. On the flip side, if we played say the Cardinals later in the year I think it'd be a win.

Ultimately though, we have no clue what's gonna happen. Last year our 3 game road swing in Dallas, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco was supposed to be a death knell but we went 3-0. And then we turned around and lost to freaking Carolina at home.

With that said.....11-6 and a Wild Card but we beat Dallas in the 1st round in their house.

• Like 3

Using the 80/20 Rule to success means they'd repeat winning 8.8 of the 11 NFC games and 1.2 of the 6 AFC games. So, mathematically needing 10+ wins to possibly repeat.  Now, looking at the schedule Chargers and Falcons seem to be the most winnable AFC match-ups. TB, SEA, NY are the most menacing NFC match-ups.  In the middle of the schedule they need to beat TB or SEA (both are Home games) and the expected result supports 80% win rate.  The key games from my view appear to be Chargers, Falcons, Giants( x2), TB, and SEA, my 6 pivotal games to a repeat a Divisional Championship and break the repeat streak.

Edited by TheShredder

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I booked a room and airfare but I'm waiting on tickets, I don't see how they could get much more expensive than they are right now and if they do I'll just go to a sports bar.

I'm really excited about our trip though, spending 5 nights, Saturday to Thursday. 

Never been to Vegas before and it's definitely a bucket list item so the skins playing just gave me the push I needed to pull the trigger.

Any advice you could give me about the town would be greatly appreciated. 

If you have any insider tips I'd love a pm.

****, man, I can give you a thousand tips. I know this place backwards and forwards. I’ve also seen some tickets in the uppers that are closer to the 3-400 dollar range. 

I think a straight-up ES meet-up on the weekend is a requirement.

• Thanks 1

WARNING: Anyone considering going to the Vegas game might want to consider searching for tickets early as any and all Raiders games are inflated. Looks like a major sellers market. 

THE 10 MUST SEE GAMES OF 2021 by Daniel Kaplan...

[QUOTE]

NFL’s Hottest Selling Tickets for 2021 season: Tom Brady’s Bucs, Patriots, Raiders and Cowboys

The NFL schedule release annually unleashes a cascade of games-to-watch lists, top matchups, best rivalries, and so forth. Our own liststarts with the Week 16 dustup between the Jacksonville Jaguarsand New York Jets (featuring the No. 1 and No. 2 draft picks, Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson) and ends with the Week 5 AFC Championship rematch between the Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs.

But what does the market think? Since the schedule became official, the secondary ticket market is sending signals on what fans feel are the must-have games. And there is a new bottom-feeder in terms of the average price of a get-in ticket, the New York Jets. But first, a look at the games the market deems as the must-attend (all data is from TicketIQ, a ticket reseller):

1. In a rout, it’s the return of Tom Brady with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to Foxboro to play his old team, the New England Patriots, on Oct. 3. Picture the GOAT greeting Bill Belichick, waving to Robert Kraft then rifling a TD to Rob Gronkowski. Right now, the cheapest price is $1,462, and that might be a steal. “There’s just not a lot of secondary supply for them ever,” Jesse Lawrence, the TicketIQ founder, said of the Patriots. “That’s a game that might even get more expensive. I think that’s probably going to be one that people just want to go to rather than sell on the secondary market.”

2. There is going to be a trend in this list: games at Allegiant Stadium, which the Las Vegas Raiders opened last season with no fans. The average get-in price for all games is trading at $373, 52 percent higher than the second-place team, the Patriots. The top Allegiant game right now is the opener, the Sept. 13 tilt against the Baltimore Ravens at a get-in price of $808.

3. It currently costs $673 to buy the cheapest ticket to see the Chiefs invade Allegiant Stadium. Might need some wins at blackjack.

4. When the Chicago Bears play the Raiders in Vegas on Oct. 10, the get-in price is $629, perhaps to watch Justin Fields take on the Silver and Black.

5. This is getting old, but next on the list is the Oct. 24 game in Vegas against the Philadelphia Eagles. Low price to get in: $604

6. Finally, a Vegas respite here. The Dallas Cowboys’ Oct. 17 visit to New England will, at a minimum, set back a fan $566.

7. Back to Vegas for the Miami Dolphins’ trip west on Sept. 26. Get-in price: $496

8. Now you know it’s really about Vegas: a Cincinnati Bengalsgame made the list. Tickets for the Nov. 21 Joe Burrow visit are on the market for $420.

9. One more Vegas game, the arrival on Dec. 5 of the Washington Football Team. Minimum price: $394.

10. It took until the 10th-priciest game to get back to the Super Bowl champion Buccaneers. NFL opening night at Raymond James Stadium against the Cowboys has a get-in price of $391.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Vivid seats cheapest WFT/Raiders tix is currently at $336 which is cheaper than what I saw yesterday. 

Right now mostly ticket brokers are posting seats. The schedule literally came out and most season ticket holders aren’t even thinking about selling their tickets yet. This is also the first season fans will be in that stadium. Once they go to a couple of games they will likely be more willing to sell. My brother lives in Vegas and has season tickets and he didn’t have a clue the schedule was out yesterday or what the resale value of tickets is. I’m sure the week of the game tickets will be far more reasonable than now. Why would anyone sell at a discount 6 months before the actual game? 

I plan to go to our game plus the Eagles and Chiefs game there. 

• Like 2

Just looking at the schedule. Playing five division opponents in a row is dumb. I like that the season has a bit of an ebb and flow to it. Teams play well early and fade. Or they start slow and pick it up. Injuries, etc. All part of the journey.

I like playing rivals at different points during the year. Playing Dem Boys and Philthy both two weeks apart feels like back to back. Why not spread it out? 

I got no problem closing last 3 weeks with division games. Guess I would just like to see the first meetings sprinkled throughout.