Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm starting to buy it. A Mary Washington Poll showed Youngkin up amongst likely voters.  

I have done zero fact checking because I can't vote in this election so it doesn't matter as much to me but from the commercials I've seen from each camp, Youngkin is winning the messaging battle.

34 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I have done zero fact checking because I can't vote in this election so it doesn't matter as much to me but from the commercials I've seen from each camp, Youngkin is winning the messaging battle.

Oh I very much disagree with that.  Youngkin's message is (1) "Virginia is in terrible shape" which is obviously not true and (2) he is both a man of the people and an extraordinarily successful business guy (as illustrated by his love for plaid shirts under a vest) which cannot both be true.  McAullife's message is (1) Youngkin is a Trumper and (2) Youngkin will not do what is necessary to get us past Covid, of which the first one is probably not true, but Youngkin had to do and say a lot of things on the record to tie himself to Trump in order to win the primary, and the second one is definitely true.  

Edit:  The polling suggests that more people like McAulllife, but that the GOP is more fired up to vote.  Terry leads among all voters, Youngkin leads among likely voters.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

On 9/24/2021 at 12:45 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Oh I very much disagree with that.  Youngkin's message is (1) "Virginia is in terrible shape" which is obviously not true and (2) he is both a man of the people and an extraordinarily successful business guy…

I’m very puzzled by the commercial with the woman that’s like, “I got shot in 1983 so that’s McAullife’s fault.”

wut. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I’m very puzzled by the commercial with the woman that’s like, “I got shot in 1983 so that’s McAullife’s fault.”

wut. 

Well, she did say she got shot in the head.  I'm guessing her critical thinking isn't all there anymore.

• Haha 2

Not saying it isn't close, but the same thing was said about the recall in Cali. Youngkin is a joke, doesn't mean that the stupid crowd won't vote for him, but VA is blue for a reason. I saw a clip of Youngkin last week where he was asked if he would vote for Trump is he ran again, that dude dodged that question so hard that it had to set off alarm bells for both sides.