Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

13 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Good to see.  Still nervous though.  My neighborhood has a lot of Youngkin signs. More Youngkin signs than Trump 2020 signs for sure.

Mine too, although to be fair, about of approx. 1000 houses in my neighborhood, there was only 1 Trump sign (yes, I walked around looking). 

I've seen maybe a dozen Youngkin signs this year (opposed to many many more Terry signs).  Still, it's an uptick probably attributable to Youngkin not being as much as an embarrassment as Trump if you believe the "I'm just a regular guy, just look at my sleeveless vest" schtick from multimultimillionare private equity vampire Youngkin.  

16 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah, it's certainly possible that 2020 said more about Trump than it said about R/D.  

Although having the R candidate go further and further into Trump land makes the distinction less and less.  

Biden got the nomination and became president only because he was running against Trump.

If this was Jen or Marco running for re-election; the Dems would’ve went with Lizzie or Bernie.

Part of the reason why Joe is having a hard time getting his agenda thru; everyone knows he’s only president because his opponent was Trump. The right wing Dems know that; so they are using their power to water down or just out right stop Biden’s agenda.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw, i think yall need to quit Nate Silver. If anything, he's benefitted the most of anyone in history from being right exactly 1x in his lifetime.

His site posts all the polls in one handy place.  What was posted gave zero analysis from Nate Silver, it was just the results of polls that happen to be easy to grab off of his site. 

• Thanks 1

Caring for patients this morning. Fox News is repeating every 5 minutes that Dem voters are leaving the Party in droves because McAulife flat out stated that he thinks parents should have no input in children's education. And that Kamala Harris made a video that she sent only to black churches, and federal law for decades has forbidden churches from being involved in politics. 

• Haha 1

I’m quite worried about this election, but I do kind of get the sense that Macaullife is intentionally leaning into the story that Dems are not motivated to vote and he is going to lose. He knows as well as anyone that voter apathy is what got his pal Hillary, and it’s kind of smart to whip up some panic among rank and file NoVa Dems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I’m quite worried about this election, but I do kind of get the sense that Macaullife is intentionally leaning into the story that Dems are not motivated to vote and he is going to lose. He knows as well as anyone that voter apathy is what got his pal Hillary, and it’s kind of smart to whip up some panic among rank and file NoVa Dems. 

Apparently, every Va governor's race is always this close. I don't remember it being like that, but word on the street is that there is no need to panic. Take that as you will.

51 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The satellite early polling station near me opened today for the first time at noon. Got there at 12:15 and it took me a little under an hour to vote.  Pretty big line.

Are you in a red or blue district?

8 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Apparently, every Va governor's race is always this close. I don't remember it being like that, but word on the street is that there is no need to panic. Take that as you will.

Are you in a red or blue district?

I’m in Fairfax County, but I don’t feel like my neighborhood is blue.  It’s pretty mix with red being more vocal if you go by yard signage.  I feel like in line though more people were accepting the blue sample ballot than the red.

8 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I’m in Fairfax County, but I don’t feel like my neighborhood is blue.  It’s pretty mix with red being more vocal if you go by yard signage.  I feel like in line though more people were accepting the blue sample ballot than the red.

You can't really judge by the signs, conservatives seem to think that each sign counts as an individual vote or something. I'm not saying that liberals don't do it too, but I can't remember ever seeing too many liberals got wild with the signs. I was working at a house yesterday, pull up in the driveway and these people easily had at least 50 signs in their back yard. What you're seeing is just one side of that fence, on one side of that garage. I couldn't take a better photo without looking suspicious, but it's ridiculous.

20211021_103203.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 7:49 AM, Larry said:

Caring for patients this morning. Fox News is repeating every 5 minutes that Dem voters are leaving the Party in droves because McAulife flat out stated that he thinks parents should have no input in children's education. And that Kamala Harris made a video that she sent only to black churches, and federal law for decades has forbidden churches from being involved in politics. 

That's rich.  I'm assuming FOX news didn't bring up Youngkin's visit to a leesburg church (cornerstone chapel) a few weeks ago or that this same church is hosting Charlie Kirk next week. Uggh