Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Kinda insane to me. They don’t actually have to try. Dems do and they’d till get in their own way. I have one hope for the future but I won’t tell y’all what it is cause I know you will crush it ruthlessly 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

P.S.  The childish part of me hopes the Dems go full-on GOP playbook screaming about election fraud.  Do the exact same stuff they did and see how they respond to it.  

Nope, they just have to do stuff. So people can see the results. Hopefully this motivates Democrats. And doesn’t hurt the state too much. I have a worry the offshore wind will turn into off shore oil drilling. 

im really surprised. I thought VA was solid blue.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Shoulda ran Justin Fairfax instead

He #MeToo'd himself.

Dems shouldve looked at what happen to the top of our state's government and immediately went into damage control.  Instead, they pulled a Trump and waited until it went away.  They didn't get ahead of the situation at all, vetting new blood candidates, nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, bearrock said:

Like this is new?  Dems can't even get their ducks in a row on what their policy position is.  Don't blame the GOP for winning elections based on weaksauce race baiting and culture wars.  Dems lost to that weak ass campaign.  Think what that says about the Democratic party and their lack of coherent position right now.

Democrats always make the same mistake, they fight to get back into power and then they try to be friendly while in power.  It never works.  The moment Manchin became an asshole Biden should have called him in and told him he was a Republican now, and that every race he ever ran in from now until he died in shame would feature ads funded by the Democratic Party that he was a ****ing fraud and a grifter.  

Doesn’t matter if it cost them in the short term, because no one respects incompetence and that what the Democrats letting two corrupt pieces of **** derail their agenda looks like.  They have negotiated their own agenda away because two assholes wearing their team colors decided to betray them… and they responded by smiling and begging.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The tweet cooked crack posted is accurate but that’s not everybody.  That’s not enough to swing a blue state like VA all the way red.  

Like it or not, Democrats are known for “defund the police”, pronouns and presiding over insane inflation at the present.  All 3 are things most moderates don’t really get down with.

I know @Rdskns2000 is known for his doom and gloom takes, but I don’t think he’s far off these days.  This race is just a glimpse of what is to come.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That was me.  I’d gone my whole life with a “I will only vote FOR someone, not AGAINST someone.”  I abandoned that principle in 2020 to vote against Trump.  And I said at that point that it was up to Dems to win me over because I wouldn’t do that again.  They haven’t done anything to hold onto me so far.  I wouldn’t vote GOP (on the national level) but nothing is motivating for me to come out for the Dems.  Based solely of the commercials and messaging I had seen/heard, I’d have at least considered voting for Youngkin.  No way would I have gotten off the couch for McAuliffe.

Dems got some major issues to work on.  But I don’t think they will fix it.

That was me, too.  

The Dems love to think their ideas are so ****ing amazing.  And yet, their problem seems to be that a lot of people don't agree or they have a real hard time communicating why their ideas are so ****ing amazing.  Their haughtiness makes it hard to like them.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Nope, they just have to do stuff. So people can see the results. Hopefully this motivates Democrats. And doesn’t hurt the state too much. I have a worry the offshore wind will turn into off shore oil drilling. 

im really surprised. I thought VA was solid blue.

Please don’t give them hope 😣

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Nah, Youngin planned to repleal the grocery tax when grocery prices were going up.  I dont agree with it, but to many thats a pragmatic quick way to ease the inflation issue for folks. 

Then planning to increase education funding?  He went right after the moderate Republicans GOP lost under Trump and Terry had no answer for it. 

GOP has a plan to get their votes back, and Dems had no idea they wouldn't be allowed to keep them after Trump left. 

We needed more turn out from our own base and we ignored a huge chunk of it instead. Fail bus.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

What do y’all think this says about democratic voters? I know how I feel about the Republican ones. Not much nuance there. 

Same thing as always, the only thing that motivates dem voters to turn out in huge numbers is a boogeyman like trump. Otherwise they sit on their hands.

Pathetic 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What do y’all think this says about democratic voters? I know how I feel about the Republican ones. Not much nuance there. 

This is still a purple state that may have had enough of Trump but is still purple.  Dems need to get better at rallying their whole base, not just pointing to a boogeyman. 

Lessons from Virginia:

1.  CRT in schools being imaginary doesn't seem to matter, it is a winning issue for the GOP in a lot of states, but even more then that it has bred this new issue of "Parent's being a  part of  what is taught in schools" which is so vague and open-ended that who knows what it will parlay into by the mid-terms.  Expect more of it 24/7 on conservative outlets and I imagine it will be ramped up to 11 over the next 12 months.

2.  Stop running Clinton era neo-liberal re-treads.  It worked for Biden for a very specific reason that won't translate across the board.

3.  "I'm not Trump" doesn't work as well when your opponent isn't Trump either.

4. The next time Dems have the Whitehouse, Senate, & House they need to pass their major legislation within the first 6 months to give fuel to the elections the following year & upcoming         midterms

5.  This isn't exactly brand new, but actual policy seems to matter less and less with each passing election. 

Otherwise, this election sort of trended in the direction it was predicted to go.  I said earlier in the thread, Biden is in a very similar position as Obama.  He campaigned on some bold legislation during a time when the country was hurting, regardless of where you lived and what your political persuasion was.  None of that legislation has as of yet passed, and if the Dems pull their usual move they will freak out about this election result and take all the wrong lessons from it and probably further water down their legislation out of fearing the wrong signs/indicators.  Just like Obama took a bunch of L's early in his first term, his policies ultimately proved sound & true (enough to reverse the course the country was on at least) and by the time he was running for re-election it was a no brainer he was going to win, but the damage of the mid-terms pretty much plagued the rest of his time as President anyway.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How much do we think the issues the Biden admin is having with things like the Infrastructure Bill affected the VA Gov race?

Tons honestly. They can’t handle ****ing Joe Manchin and the winery intern, how the **** are people supposed to have any faith in them? They look incompetent because they let clearly corrupt people ruin their plans consistently. A vote for the Dems right now gets you nothing. And people know that. 

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That was me, too.  

The Dems love to think their ideas are so ****ing amazing.  And yet, their problem seems to be that a lot of people don't agree or they have a real hard time communicating why their ideas are so ****ing amazing.  Their haughtiness makes it hard not to like them.

They’re awful at communicating **** because they love to talk too damn much.  Here’s how you sell government health care:  “Medicare for all is cheaper.  Republicans want you to die broke because they hate the poor.”  Repeat that a million times both during elections and not.  Never stop.  Every single time a poor person so much as stubs their toe in a red state scream that responsible for it, and no doubt clinking champagne glasses at the mere thought of it.  Not just poor black people, but poor people. 

What Democrats will do instead is say some dumb **** about having to work together. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I've always felt that there are people that are going to vote the party line no matter what.  To use round numbers, 45% are going to vote Republican no matter what, 45% are going to vote Democrat no matter what.

It's not what this says about Dem voters, people like to say they stay home, etc.  IMO, the campaign is won and lost in the middle 10%, the 10% of voters who....may not like either side but still want to vote and will vote for the "lesser of two evils"...or the voter that's voted for either party in the past and likes ideas from either side.  You're looking to get 60% or 70% of that 10%.  That's it.  

People like to say Dem voters stay home...is that it?  Or did the Dems just not do enough to convince people on the fence?  

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nah, Youngin planned to repleal the grocery tax when grocery prices were going up.  I dont agree with it, but to many thats a pragmatic quick way to ease the inflation issue for folks. 

Then planning to increase education funding?  He went right after the moderate Republicans GOP lost under Trump and Terry had no answer for it. 

GOP has a plan to get their votes back, and Dems had no idea they wouldn't be allowed to keep them after Trump left. 

We needed more turn out from our own base and we ignored a huge chunk of it instead. Fail bus.

So I’m gonna pay what, like $5 less on my $300 grocery bill?

Increase education funding while cutting taxes? Seems logical.

This race was about culture and conservatives won.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How much do we think the issues the Biden admin is having with things like the Infrastructure Bill affected the VA Gov race?

Not buying it, Youngkin killed Terry on issues that directly impacted our state.  Its hard to say how much of the infrastructure bills is actually infrastructure anymore, or how much was going to come to VA.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've always felt that there are people that are going to vote the party line no matter what.  To use round numbers, 45% are going to vote Republican no matter what, 45% are going to vote Democrat no matter what.

It's not what this says about Dem voters, people like to say they stay home, etc.  IMO, the campaign is won and lost in the middle 10%, the 10% of voters who....may not like either side but still want to vote and will vote for the "lesser of two evils"...or the voter that's voted for either party in the past and likes ideas from either side.  You're looking to get 60% or 70% of that 10%.  That's it.  

People like to say Dem voters stay home...is that it?  Or did the Dems just not do enough to convince people on the fence?  

It's way more than 10%. More like 30%. Independent American voters are fickle as ****.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1