Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

Anyone who is more wishy washy on the topic but thinks they may lean towards wanting new branding…you are the folks with sway in the middle who need to not buy Jayden Daniels’ jersey this year if he pops off. Short term self control for long term satisfaction, if you don’t like the Commanders branding. 

11 hours ago, Conn said:

Anyone who is more wishy washy on the topic but thinks they may lean towards wanting new branding…you are the folks with sway in the middle who need to not buy Jayden Daniels’ jersey this year if he pops off. Short term self control for long term satisfaction, if you don’t like the Commanders branding. 

I bought no WFT stuff because that was dumb. It would have been akin to buying a Rob Kelly jersey.

In the last year since the sale, I have bought 2 hats, 3 shirts, including a Daniels Shirley, a sweatshirt, and a D Payne jersey. To me, another rebrand is genuinely embarrassing—four names in 5-6 years? I’d rather stick with a lame, Snyderbrand than go through that again.

But that’s years down the road. There are far more important things to worry about.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I bought no WFT stuff because that was dumb. It would have been akin to buying a Rob Kelly jersey.

In the last year since the sale, I have bought 2 hats, 3 shirts, including a Daniels Shirley, a sweatshirt, and a D Payne jersey. To me, another rebrand is genuinely embarrassing—four names in 5-6 years? I’d rather stick with a lame, Snyderbrand than go through that again.

But that’s years down the road. There are far more important things to worry about.

I agree with the part where you call the Snyderbrand lame. I won’t be purchasing anything with commanders on it myself, but I’ll be at the games supporting the team and hope to see you there in your Daniels Shirley 😁 

• Like 2

My preference is to rid the franchise of all vestiges of Snyder, including the name and those horrid unis. Those are secondary points of emphasis. We've started on the mission critical stuff -- real leadership, real FO and sound football and mgmt decisions flowing from that.

• Like 6

I still haven’t bought anything (and won’t) since the days of the name that not be spoken. The first name change was lame, and the second was god awful. I deleted all team related social media accounts after that. It was only the change in management that brought me back. Wish I could buy gear like the old days, but can’t strap commanders across my chest being a peace loving hippie. 

8 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

My wife bought me a shirt with this on it. I kinda like it.

0bad1c10acf192c655c42f453efc18f2.jpg

I like that! Would serve as a double whammy for me as I’m a huge Prince fan. Was fortunate to see him in concert 19 times over the years. Would give almost anything to see him again. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

More and more negative chatter on RFK prospects out there...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/jul/18/loverro-maryland-can-and-likely-will-kill-dream-co/

Not only is that not really a coherent translation of that tweet, but because it’s from Snider it actually has the opposite effect and RFK is now more possible, in a cosmic sense. He’s that much of a dummy at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

Not only is that not really a coherent translation of that tweet, but because it’s from Snider it actually has the opposite effect and RFK is now more possible, in a cosmic sense. He’s that much of a dummy at this point. 

That's two minutes you'll never get back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The process will be long and arduous, but this is at least a positive occurrence for those of us hoping for a return to the legendary magic that once was the RFK site...

Aa

As Churchill once famously said, and as my too lazy to check Google  arse will loosely paraphrase-- this is not the end, nor is it the beginning of the end, but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The MD senators won't pass it.  You may placate the MT Senator but MD wants the stadium to stay in MD, so they will block any RFK bill.

Harris/Railes need to make an extra special early holiday donation to each Senator's political action committee, so that they go away peacefully.

Or if they still resist there's always the Micheal Corleone method, from The Godfather II, for dealing with recalcitrant US Senators. 

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

On 7/13/2024 at 1:05 PM, RVAskins said:

My wife bought me a shirt with this on it. I kinda like it.

0bad1c10acf192c655c42f453efc18f2.jpg

I’ve bought exactly one t-shirt since the original name change. It is burgundy and gold, with hammer and sickle on it, and says: GO COMMIES

8 hours ago, Commander PK said:

Build the headquarters in Landover, Maryland problem solved

Eww, no.   Keep the HQ in VA, or move it to where the new potential stadium is in DC.  Maryland shouldn’t be considered for ANYTHING by this team, unless you’re talking about Oxon Hill where National Harbor is located.  Landover sucks, and we’ve been there entirely too long now.  Good riddance to it

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Landover sucks, and we’ve been there entirely too long now.  Good riddance to it

Really crazy that renderings for a new stadium were shown on 60 Minutes in early 2016, and now we're talking about the early 2030s before we'll see a new place. Buffalo and Nashville will have been playing in their new places for several seasons by then.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Really crazy that renderings for a new stadium were shown on 60 Minutes in early 2016, and now we're talking about the early 2030s before we'll see a new place. Buffalo and Nashville will have been playing in their new places for several seasons by then.

those cities are solely dependent on that revenue.  MD/DC/VA have so many other priorities and other sources of incomes.