LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

A good read:

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2019/08/19/panthers-qb-taylor-heinicke/

And then more!

Taylor Heinicke, Old Dominion University

Peter Casey-USA TODAY Sports

Taylor Heinicke was the top high school player in the state of Georgia in 2010, yet the big FBS schools like Georgia were less than enamored with his overall size and arm strength. Heinicke went on to have a stellar four-year career at Old Dominion University, winning the Walter Payton Award and Dudley Award in 2012. Heinicke finished his ODU career with 14,959 yards of passing, 1,320 yards of rushing, 132 touchdown passes and 39 interceptions. Heinicke also has good speed (4.63 second 40-yard dash) and is very comfortable in the pocket, scanning the field and going through his progressions with confidence. Heinicke is smart, can throw with touch and accuracy and knows where to attack a particular defense.

Heinicke's biggest problem might be his lack of arm strength and lack of accuracy on deep balls, especially on the sidelines. Heinicke is not accustomed to taking the ball under center and will likely struggle to feel comfortable doing so in the pros. His intelligence, elusiveness and overachieving mentality should all make it worth a chance drafting him in the later rounds.

If he take us to the play off, do we start de Heinicult ?:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I believe HineyHiney has had two previous NFL starts.  In both, he was knocked out of the game due to injury. 

I could be mistaken.

Turned the ball over a lot as well.

My brother said he thought Heinicke's better than Allen. He's still baffled by the Panthers keeping Will Grier over both.

I'm excited for TH.  I don't expect much, but we don't need much from that position.  We've proven that.  Just don't make boneheaded turnovers.  With the running game and spreading the ball around, get first downs and chew clock, and let the defense win the game.  Then in the off-season, upgrade the position as best you can.

I'm just glad what's his name is gone.

• Like 4

It's crazy that this guy didn't even see the field, for his XFL team.

Yes, the season ended prematurely, but it's still strange he couldn't get on the field during the time the league was active.

Was he hurt then, too ?

For his XFL team, he played behind Nick Fitzgerald, who's never taken an NFL snap. And is now out of football.

23 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

If not lets roll with the new guy as he is Joe Montana compared to Baby D.

If we get to the playoffs thanks to Heine's play on Sunday, it would be unthinkable to consider the number and the degree of storylines we have.

Rivera overcoming cancer IN-SEASON, never missing a game.

Alex Smith leading us on a 4-1 run, to propel us into playoff contention, after overcoming life-threatening, limb-threatening, and career-threatening  medical hurdles.

Clinching the playoffs with a UDFA journeyman, who was taking Final Exams, just weeks prior to that, being the 4th QB to start for the team that season.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we get to the playoffs thanks to Heine's play on Sunday, it would be unthinkable to consider the number and the degree of storylines we have.

Alex Smith leading us on a 4-1 run, to propel us into playoff contention, after overcoming life-threatening, limb-threatening, and career-threatening  medical hurdles.

Clinching the playoffs with a UDFA, who was taking college exams, just weeks prior to that.

That's why we have to win RIGHT? It's just too good of a story. They said the movie the Replacements was based off of the Skins strike season. This can be the Replacements 2.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Whaddaya think?..Cowboys fans debating whether Smiff or Heineken poses more of a threat to their playoff hopes:

If Heinicke starts on Sunday if we win, we are done

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/if-heinicke-starts-on-sunday-if-we-win-we-are-done.471214/

LOL, at "But the Panthers probably never watched film on him"

Except he actually played for the Panthers recently, lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Whaddaya think?..Cowboys fans debating whether Smiff or Heineken poses more of a threat to their playoff hopes:

If Heinicke starts on Sunday if we win, we are done

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/if-heinicke-starts-on-sunday-if-we-win-we-are-done.471214/

I love me some Alex Smiff!  LOL

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Clinching the playoffs with a UDFA journeyman, who was taking Final Exams, just weeks prior to that, being the 4th QB to start for the team that season.

And don't forget the storyline about how the Washington Football Team endured adversity from the highest levels and kept itself in the playoff hunt despite the best efforts of Dwayne Haskins.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

And don't forget the storyline about how the Washington Football Team endured adversity from the highest levels and kept itself in the playoff hunt despite the best efforts of Dwayne Haskins.

How about this one :

1) Montez Sweat does commercial for Old Spice

2) Taylor Heinicke wins Old Spice Player of the Year in the state of Georgia, as a high school senior

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

The WFT isn't a deep-threat offense, so I'm not as concerned about Taylor's lack of a big arm. If he plays smart and moves the chains (assuming he plays), that should get the job done.

yes, I like his accuracy, how he smoothly leads his targets out of the backfield in stride, he looks good with screens, his pocket awareness, feels the pressure, understands where the blitz is coming from and his decision making in general...maybe not the best arm but he drops dimes...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

yes, I like his accuracy, how he smoothly leads his targets out of the backfield in stride, he looks good with screens, his pocket awareness, feels the pressure, understands where the blitz is coming from and his decision making in general...maybe not the best arm but he drops dimes...

Sideline throws are where I would be concerned about his arm strength.

• Like 1