Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Thread

China

On 1/16/2024 at 1:53 PM, ixcuincle said:

I'm just saying we shouldn't get anything under 50. or under 32. This isn't Minnesota, we shouldn't get lake effect storms like Buffalo, etc. It's basic geography.

were you drunk when you posted this?  (If not, that’s still an excuse suggestion that you may want to consider)

**sorry, just looked back and saw that others had already taken you to task for the silliness.  Carry on

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, China said:

My recollection was that Howard Stern called Air Florida and asked them what the fare was to the 14th Street Bridge, and that's what got him booted, but either way.

I think you're right

~Bang

I will say the people on /r/washingtondc freaking out about OPM not calling their little off days are hilarious

Yes the streets are completely unplowed here but still

amazing how so many places still don't have or reverted away from remote work :(

3 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

That looks like “day-drinking snow”.

It sure does. 

BONUS:  I'm taking my 3 year old sledding for the first time since we didn't get snow last year.  

Bringing my flask "for warmth."  🍸

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

'Weather whiplash:' Out of the freezer and into the warmth with rain, flooding this week

With much of the U.S. currently still enduring a deadly and dangerous deep freeze, it's hard to believe how warm most areas are expected to be this week.

In fact, according to the Climate Prediction Center, odds favor above-average temperatures all week across the entire lower 48 states. Highs could soar into the 60s and 70s in some areas of the South.

UCLA climate scientist Daniel Swain calls it "weather whiplash," as some parts of the country could see record high temperatures, just a week or so after record lows.

But along with the warmth will come the chance for flooding, forecasters said, thanks to the combination of heavy rainfall and rapid snowmelt.

Click on the link for the full article

On 1/17/2024 at 8:28 PM, China said:

My recollection was that Howard Stern called Air Florida and asked them what the fare was to the 14th Street Bridge, and that's what got him booted, but either way.

I think that was the Greaseman who asked for a one way ticket to the 14th St Bridge

Edit

Correction... you are right, it was something different that got  greaseman fired. That one was Stern

Edited by Redskins Diehard

I couldn't remember so I had to look it up:

The morning after an Air Florida jet crashed into the Potomac River in 1982, killing 78 people, radio shock jock Howard Stern – then with DC-101 – called the airline and inquired about the price of a one-way ticket from National Airport to the 14th Street Bridge.

Stern was fired a year later, but after a salary dispute. He soon moved to New York and became a nationally syndicated radio superstar, adding books, TV shows and a movie to his multimedia empire.

On Wednesday, Washington deejay Doug "Greaseman" Tracht made a racist comment referring to the dragging death of James Byrd Jr. in Texas. One day later, he was fired. He suddenly became radioactive – few in local radio would discuss him for attribution yesterday, fearful that the damning power of his slur would rub off.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/tv/features/shockjocks0227.htm