Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Thread

China

Second time I did LSD there was a storm that moved through the DMV that according to meteorologist Bob Ryan produced every type of weather event except a hurricane. I still don't know if that's really true but I remember as the snow started I was driving home through thunder snow and lightning. 🤩❄️⛈️

Oh and it's dry as all hell down here in the North Cackalacky. 25% humidity ****ing sucks. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

I'm sure we'll get a random day or two in mid-late March or early April where it snows for no reason, but yeah, for the DMV, it's a safe assumption that winter is just about done.

There are no signs of any sustained cold air any time soon.

• Thumb up 1

Monster storm really kicking in to gear out here in the West. Southerly winds ahead of the storm were roaring yesterday. Had a gust of 30 yesterday with sustained around 18-20 at the house. Palisades resort had a wind gust of 145 mph last night.  Just had a gust now,(as the jet stream comes through),at 33. Broke a tree limb in the neighbors yard and tossed in to my yard. Sigh. 

Then there's this going on right now up in the hills. 

13 hours ago, PCS said:

Monster storm really kicking in to gear out here in the West. Southerly winds ahead of the storm were roaring yesterday. Had a gust of 30 yesterday with sustained around 18-20 at the house. Palisades resort had a wind gust of 145 mph last night.  Just had a gust now,(as the jet stream comes through),at 33. Broke a tree limb in the neighbors yard and tossed in to my yard. Sigh. 

Then there's this going on right now up in the hills. 

Poor judgment on display… 

On 3/11/2024 at 9:13 PM, The Evil Genius said:

From what I understand we are out of it now and are expected to stay drought free until at least 2025. 

Yeah, last year pretty much ended it. This year just ensured it stayed ended.

I was going to say, how is below avg. temps a concern, but yeah, it is time for stuff to start blooming. Models are not in agreement right now on how cold and how long. Best guess is micro shots. Very cold for a couple days. Then warm for a couple days. Cold. Warm. etc.

Monster storm headed for Colorado.  Denver metro will see 20 to 30 inches of snow, 40 MPH winds, and likely thundersnow.  Some mountain towns will see 3-4 feet. Time to dust off the snowblower.  

We're about three miles north of Castle Rock ⬇️

IMG_20240313_083248.jpg.2bd8beff3e10bbac2c111f39f884334c.jpg

• Sad 1

On 2/17/2024 at 10:04 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

I woke up about 3 am and went to the window to see the "thunder snow". I was pretty pissed.

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Monster storm headed for Colorado.  Denver metro will see 20 to 30 inches of snow, 40 MPH winds, and likely thundersnow.  Some mountain towns will see 3-4 feet. Time to dust off the snowblower.  

We're about three miles north of Castle Rock ⬇️

IMG_20240313_083248.jpg.2bd8beff3e10bbac2c111f39f884334c.jpg

Shhh…don’t tell Buzz about thunder snow.

• Haha 3