Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Plus there was a madman in the White House who said it was okay right before the insurrection. 

And who also pushed potentially dangerous and unproven off-label medications for COVID, as well as suggest injecting household disinfectants as a possible cure.

I remember the couple who, after hearing Trump and his sycophants continuously push HQC, ate fish tank cleaner because it had "chloroquine" in the name (the guy died IIRC).

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, China said:

Get the vaccine or get fired? In Shenandoah Valley, some nurses choose termination.

They were hard to miss on the corner of a busy four-way intersection at the entrance to Winchester Medical Center: a group of about 20 people - many of them nurses, some in scrubs - protesting the hospital's recent coronavirus vaccine mandate.

Some were on a quasi-strike, skipping a day of work to stand on the side of the road in scorching heat, holding signs that demanded, "NO FORCED VACCINATION."

Subscribe to The Post Most newsletter for the most important and interesting stories from The Washington Post.

A 16-year-old son of a health-care worker yelled on loop, "Honk for medical freedom!" and many did. A firetruck honked. An EMT gave a thumbs-up. An ambulance bleeped its sirens and truck driver after truck driver yanked on their horns - until every so often, an angry voice cut through the traffic and a middle finger jutted out the car window.

"'I hope you all get fired!" one driver yelled as he passed the unvaccinated protesters.

"We're going to!" one woman responded. "You'll need us next week!"

The nurses' employer, Valley Health, the parent company of Winchester Medical Center, had given them an ultimatum: Get the shot or face termination. And those standing on the street corner Tuesday had already made up their minds.

Valley Health announced a vaccine mandate for its 6,300 employees at its six locations on July 19, while offering religious and medical exemptions for eligible applicants. The hospital system joins a growing number of medical institutions, universities, governments and companies that have turned to employee vaccine requirements to ensure the safest possible workplaces as the highly contagious delta variant ushers in another deadly wave. For the majority of Valley Health employees, the policy was not a problem; 75 percent are fully vaccinated, the company said.

Click on the link for the full article

This is like firefighters protesting regulations mandating sprinkler systems, fire alarms, and fire extinguishers in apartment buildings.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

This is like firefighters protesting regulations mandating sprinkler systems, fire alarms, and fire extinguishers in apartment buildings.

Ever been to Winchester?

not one piece of that story surprised me. 

Also to be fair… you should be expecting the same thing in fairfax/Alexandria/etc pretty soon. 

the hospitals aren’t ****ing around. And some area deadlines are coming soon. 

• Sad 1

@China Hey i will go back and read it after work, but does the unvaccinated in America chart you posted go into any detail at all about why we have to many African American and Hispanic vaccine hesitancy when it looks like from the data gathered that races isn't much of a factor for them?

“Gen Z is relying on this,” Rivera told Breer, referring to a phone. “And you got some, quite frankly, ****ing assholes that are putting a bunch of misinformation out there, leading people to die. That’s frustrating to me, that these people are allowed to have a platform. And then, one specific news agency, every time they have someone on, I’m not a doctor, but the vaccines don’t work. Or I’m not an epidemiologist, but vaccines are going to give you a third nipple and make you sterile. Come on. That, to me? That should not be allowed.”

Ron Rivera sounds off on vaccine misinformation

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/16/ron-rivera-sounds-off-on-vaccine-misinformation/

• Like 10
  • Thanks 10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

@China Hey i will go back and read it after work, but does the unvaccinated in America chart you posted go into any detail at all about why we have to many African American and Hispanic vaccine hesitancy when it looks like from the data gathered that races isn't much of a factor for them?

No, it doesn't cover that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Not sure what the data shows but I do wonder if it's Gen Z thats the problem. If anything, I'd think (sadly) it's my gen x and the boomers who aren't getting the shots and leading the disinformation battle. 

He’s talking specifically about his players. But in general, younger people have lower vaccination rates. Largely because they don’t feel like they are at risk. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

He’s talking specifically about his players. But in general, younger people have lower vaccination rates. Largely because they don’t feel like they are at risk. 

I didn't either until about the last month. I wonder how long it takes for something like that to change. 

Edit: by 'something like that' i mean the perception that 'younger people are relatively ok against the virus' 

36 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

“Gen Z is relying on this,” Rivera told Breer, referring to a phone. “And you got some, quite frankly, ****ing assholes that are putting a bunch of misinformation out there, leading people to die. That’s frustrating to me, that these people are allowed to have a platform. And then, one specific news agency, every time they have someone on, I’m not a doctor, but the vaccines don’t work. Or I’m not an epidemiologist, but vaccines are going to give you a third nipple and make you sterile. Come on. That, to me? That should not be allowed.”

Ron Rivera sounds off on vaccine misinformation

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/16/ron-rivera-sounds-off-on-vaccine-misinformation/

I want to see Ron punch Tucker Carlson. I really do. I wouldn't be able to just watch though. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, zskins said:

Isn't the title misleading though. You can still get covid-19 even if you have the vaccine. 

Isn't that what the title says?..."Fully vaccinated people 4 times less likely to contract COVID-19"

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I tested positive for Covid today after running a small fever last night. I feel like crap.

Two shots of Moderna in April. Keep wearing your masks when necessary.

Hope you're back to normal asap...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if "gets most of his news from social media" isn't a strong correlation, too.  

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I see that @Barry.Randolpheused the “laughter emoji” on my post saying that I have Covid. I always thought it would be @TryTheBeal!. 😂

C79FC3F6-2428-454F-9F60-A5A730033247.jpeg

:ols: I thought I hit the sad face button next to it. My bad man....hope you feel better soon! I've got the Moderna shot too and I've been worried about this exact situation since I'm around relatives with young children often

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

:ols: I thought I hit the sad face button next to it. My bad man....hope you feel better soon! 

All good, brother. I knew it was an accident. It just made me laugh really hard. 

23 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

How ya doing? 

Hanging in there. Low fever and cough with some body aches. Still got my taste and smell. Gonna lay low and ride this out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1