Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Any recs for a ssd for the PS5? Thinking about adding 1TB in the expansion slot (and yes I know it needs a heatsink).

Try the inland SSD from Microcenter

https://www.microcenter.com/product/644992/inland-gaming-performance-plus-1tb-ssd-3d-tlc-nand-pcie-nvme-gen-4-x-4-m2-2280-heatsink-compatible-with-ps5-internal-solid-state-drive

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Thanks, store pickup only on that one and the closest Microcenter to me is 414 miles. 😁

I was looking at this one at Amazon but hoping it might drop a bit for BF.

PNY XLR8 SSD 1TB Gaming Kit

https://a.co/h9ANVFF

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

I got picked to pre-order PSVR2.

Any others of the PSVR crowd getting it?

I got one.  I was glad they opened the queue like 40 mins early because I'm in Grand Cayman and was about to head out to the beach when it opened up.

26 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Y'alls ballers. I'm ****ing about a $120 ssd and y'all talking about another half grand +. 😆

Clearly you have missed the pics of my basement you peasant.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Thanks, store pickup only on that one and the closest Microcenter to me is 414 miles. 😁

I was looking at this one at Amazon but hoping it might drop a bit for BF.

PNY XLR8 SSD 1TB Gaming Kit

https://a.co/h9ANVFF

Just fly here for a Washington Football Team game and then stop in while you're here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I may. Gotta see the games lineup tho. Even then, in getting an X Box in anticipation of Starfield coming out, so I dont know if I'll have the time to play it 

The No Mans Sky and Firewall alone will make it worth it for me. 

Im also hoping for another X-Wing/Tie Fighter game as well

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Unexpected nudity and vomit-covered cats: how Dwarf Fortress tells some of gaming’s most bizarre stories

In 2015, players of the video game Dwarf Fortress – a wildly influential cult hit that has appeared at New York’s Museum of Modern Art, and been cited as the inspiration for Minecraft – started finding vomit-covered dead cats in taverns. When the game’s creator, 44-year-old Tarn Adams, attempted to determine the cause, he discovered that cats were walking through puddles of spilled alcohol, licking themselves clean, and promptly dying of heart failure due to a minor error in the game’s code, which overestimated the amount of alcohol ingested.

Most games don’t simulate anything nearly as complex as alcohol poisoning and feline grooming, but Dwarf Fortress does, and the way that its code generates these bizarre situations is symbolic of what people love about it. Dwarf Fortress has a unique, incredibly complicated approach to storytelling and play, but it looks like pure Matrix code, composed entirely of coloured text. Any casual observer would find it indecipherable.

That is, until now. The game’s upcoming commercial release, after 20 years of ongoing development, will add pixel graphics, music, and a host of other things to make it more palatable. “Every single screen has been redone,” says Tarn. “It’s a big improvement.”

Dwarf Fortress is most easily described as a strategy game where you direct, as the name implies, a fortress of dwarves. There aren’t any explicit goals, and the only true certainty of the game is this: at some point, your colony will fall. Perhaps you’ll get greedy and delve too deep and too quickly into the bowels of the earth; perhaps you awaken the fury of cannibal elves by cutting down too many trees. Maybe your settlement will be laid low by a dwarven tantrum spiral.

What makes the game special – besides its stark presentation – is the ridiculously detailed extent to which the world is simulated. Cat vomit is barely the starting point. The game generates epochs of history, complete with casts of individual heroes and villains; it keeps track of hundreds of characters’ individual body parts, desires, emotions and moods, and makes a spirited attempt to emulate physics.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Simmsy said:

It takes me about two years (on avg) to beat a game, how long does it take you guys?

Depends on how much I like it, and the game obviously. I will probably 100% finish God of War before Christmas. 

Divinity Original Sin 2 is one of my favorite games ever and I will probably never beat the game because I cannot NOT do everything in every area. 

12 hours ago, Simmsy said:

It takes me about two years (on avg) to beat a game, how long does it take you guys?

Depends on the game. Fairly linear games like the God of War or Bioshock series? About a month with major binges on days off. Usually with God of War I'll beat the game on a medium-hard difficulty, then the hardest, then if it's got NG+ I'll do it again. Takes a couple months to do all that.

Open world games like Fallout, Arkham, Assassin's Creed, etc.? I'll usually "beat" the game in a similar timeframe but then spend months, if not a year, ****ing around with the sidequests and DLC and collectibles and stuff on and off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

Depends on the game. Fairly linear games like the God of War or Bioshock series? About a month with major binges on days off. Usually with God of War I'll beat the game on a medium-hard difficulty, then the hardest, then if it's got NG+ I'll do it again. Takes a couple months to do all that.

Open world games like Fallout, Arkham, Assassin's Creed, etc.? I'll usually "beat" the game in a similar timeframe but then spend months, if not a year, ****ing around with the sidequests and DLC and collectibles and stuff on and off.

same here

17 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

*dusts off Sega Dreamcast*  Hold my beer.

Fixed that one for ya dawg.

30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Lots of solid game deals right now (due to early BF sales). Almost all retailers have dropped the PS5 controllers to $49 today.

I need to pick up a spare ps5 controller, especially if they are finally around a normal price point.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro