Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just someone crying because he isn't getting hand held on his way to piracy.

Anyways, pretty disappointing that no console version of Elden Ring can apparently hold a steady 60fps in performance mode.  Sounds like PS5 is the closest being around a constant 55-60fps but still, disappointing.  I wonder if they can fix it with a patch or if the day 1 patch actually fixes it.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Anyways, pretty disappointing that no console version of Elden Ring can apparently hold a steady 60fps in performance mode.  Sounds like PS5 is the closest being around a constant 55-60fps but still, disappointing.  I wonder if they can fix it with a patch or if the day 1 patch actually fixes it.

Man I remember figuring out emulators when I was like...11 lolol.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Man I remember figuring out emulators when I was like...11 lolol.

You became an "expert" at emulators well before I did.  Kudos to you and your expertise.

Looks like DF has a little writeup about what to expect performance wise with Elden Ring on the latest 1.02 patch (launch day one).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-02-24-elden-ring-performance-first-impressions

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

Man, you're a bonafide keyboard warrior, talking all this ****.

Just tell me what I'm looking for is illegal, and I'll realize it.  Alright, emulators are piracy, got it.

Your 5 steps to success for whatever the **** ain't worth it.  I'll buy a new Nintendo.  You need a good roundhouse to the jaw.

13 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Would very much appreciate some feedback from the crowd on Elden Ring.  I'm intrigued but also never played Soul-like game.  How hard are we talking here?  (Let's say in comparison to something like Monster Hunter series)

Never played Monster Hunter and have only played Demon's Souls on PS5.  It is hard but it's fair hard.  You will die.  A lot.  But you will learn when you die.

When you lose, you lose because you F'd up.  You may lose too because you are trying to progress before you are ready too.  It is pretty damn hard right off the bat but once you get the hang of how to play it you start to understand it a bit better.  You can't just go in balls to the wall like you can in some other games.  Otherwise you gonna never progress.

It's also different in that you will be replaying the same areas fairly often because you are dying.  But you may take different paths.  Like you will take a very long path around a level, but at the end of that path, you will unlock a shortcut.  And that shortcut will be open from there on out in the game so you never have to take that long path again.  If that makes sense.

At least with Demon's Souls, it was very atmospheric too.  I loved the different worlds and lore in that game and the sound was also fantastic.  There is a lot of mystique around it too and I hope that is how Elden Ring is.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Would very much appreciate some feedback from the crowd on Elden Ring.  I'm intrigued but also never played Soul-like game.  How hard are we talking here?  (Let's say in comparison to something like Monster Hunter series)

I would like to know as well, I played the first Dark Souls and absolutely hated the game. Didn't touch another "souls like" game for years (bought The Surge, awesome game) and NEVER touched another Dark Souls game. However, this game has piqued my interest. I don't know if you're like me and only buy games that are on sale, but you might want to wait several months for a sale to buy. 

If you can handle Monster Hunter, I think you can handle a souls game.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bearrock said:

The souls games are some of the hardest games of all time.  You die constantly, but they are fun and addicting.  

Anyone getting Elden Ring on Xbox series x/s?  Was about to buy it, but saw @purbeast post saying PS5 has the best FPS rate, so now I'm thinking going PS5.

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The souls games are some of the hardest games of all time.  You die constantly, but they are fun and addicting.  

Anyone getting Elden Ring on Xbox series x/s?  Was about to buy it, but saw @purbeast post saying PS5 has the best FPS rate, so now I'm thinking going PS5.

If your TV supports VRR XSX may be the way to go.  I've never experienced it but apparently that is supposed to help quite a bit with frame rates varying so much.

It's annoying because I'm going to be playing on 1080p but dealing with issues because the game is rendering at higher res then being scaled down to my display.  Wish it could just be in 1080p and be 60fps.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Word is Elden Ring isn't as unforgiving as most of the other FromSoft ip's.  Lot of the vets are taking down the early bosses with ease. Probably trying to get a larger following.

Should still be tough as hell for newbies, but I wouldn't expect most of us to struggle mightily with it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Word is Elden Ring isn't as unforgiving as most of the other FromSoft ip's.  Lot of the vets are taking down the early bosses with ease. Probably trying to get a larger following.

Should still be tough as hell for newbies, but I wouldn't expect most of us to struggle mightily with it.

GI podcast had their reviewer that said the best boss fight in the game, best of any FS game, is hidden away and most players won’t even find it but it took him an hour and a half to beat it. He was somebody that ranked Bloodborne as his favorite game ever until this 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1