Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

50 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Same. I leveled that thing up and it got me through most of what I have played so far. Though I did get a 'legendary' summon that costs HP rather than FP so now when im in a jam I bring that one out. I dont want to spoil it but its pretty cool. 

The Jelly fish was how I beat that dragon though lol. He face tanked it while i just hacked away on its knees. 

You decided to duel wield Katanas yet or are you still running with one? That bleed build up from duel wielding is crazy! 

Just one for now.  I have a staff in my other hand if I'm not dual handing the kitana, which I have been doing for the bosses where magic isn't as effective.

I found the jelly fish summons crap maybe I should level it up.  I only had it at +1 and I thought it sucked.  It was just hanging back barely doing anything.  I didn't realize it poisons though I thought it's attack was just weak af.

EDIT:

And wtf is tanking?

Edited by purbeast

29 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Just one for now.  I have a staff in my other hand if I'm not dual handing the kitana, which I have been doing for the bosses where magic isn't as effective.

I found the jelly fish summons crap maybe I should level it up.  I only had it at +1 and I thought it sucked.  It was just hanging back barely doing anything.  I didn't realize it poisons though I thought it's attack was just weak af.

EDIT:

And wtf is tanking?

Its damage is certainly crap. I never had anything alive long enough for the poising to work and it hits for basically nothing.  

Tanking is its real value imo. And tanking is when someone takes the attention of the enemy and makes it look at them leaving you can do damage without worrying about defending as much as you normally would. The longer it stays alive the better and it seemed better than most in that regard. So...the dragon in my case was blowing fire at it, while it ignored me absolutely man handling its knee caps like I was @PleaseBlitz helping some religious extremist scum explore the depths of pain their God made possible for them. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its damage is certainly crap. I never had anything alive long enough for the poising to work and it hits for basically nothing.  

Tanking is its real value imo. And tanking is when someone takes the attention of the enemy and makes it look at them leaving you can do damage without worrying about defending as much as you normally would. The longer it stays alive the better and it seemed better than most in that regard. So...the dragon in my case was blowing fire at it, while it ignored me absolutely man handling its knee caps like I was @PleaseBlitz helping some religious extremist scum explore the depths of pain their God made possible for them. 

Ah okay gotcha.  Yeah that happened a lot with the new summons I had when I faced Godrick.  I kept just kept slashing him from behind a lot of the times while he was hacking at the soldiers.  It seems to happen a bit with the wolves too.  I will give the jellyfish another try if I have issues with this again.  I didn't want to waste any upgrades on it past the +1 I had because I thought it sucked lol.

I have only faced the first dragon that is near the starting area and I just crushed him with magic while running around him on the horse.

Edited by purbeast

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Ah okay gotcha.  Yeah that happened a lot with the new summons I had when I faced Godrick.  I kept just kept slashing him from behind a lot of the times while he was hacking at the soldiers.  It seems to happen a bit with the wolves too.  I will give the jellyfish another try if I have issues with this again.  I didn't want to waste any upgrades on it past the +1 I had because I thought it sucked lol.

I have only faced the first dragon that is near the starting area and I just crushed him with magic while running around him on the horse.

I actually think the Wolves are a good choice for the same tank role. The only problem I had with them is that they die fast if they get caught with a big enough attack which happened a lot as I got further. But they attack so often that they seem to stagger the enemy more. They are actually the only reason I beat Godrick. He was crushing me in his second phase but some how they staggered him out of it and I just destroyed him with the opening. They kind of do the same thing.....just the jelly fish has more survivability and the wolves I feel like have the chance to stagger. 

You will get a ton of those materials eventually. I would not let that hold you back from upgrading anything. That goes for weapons too. Later in the game you can basically upgrade anything you want in my experience.

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I actually think the Wolves are a good choice for the same tank role. The only problem I had with them is that they die fast if they get caught with a big enough attack which happened a lot as I got further. But they attack so often that they seem to stagger the enemy more. They are actually the only reason I beat Godrick. He was crushing me in his second phase but some how they staggered him out of it and I just destroyed him with the opening. They kind of do the same thing.....just the jelly fish has more survivability and the wolves I feel like have the chance to stagger. 

You will get a ton of those materials eventually. I would not let that hold you back from upgrading anything. That goes for weapons too. Later in the game you can basically upgrade anything you want in my experience.

The main soldier of the new summons I got def has more hit points than the jellyfish does.  He lasted through the whole Godrick battle even after getting hit a bunch.  The other 2 soldiers I can't remember if they even made it to the second phase or not though.  I just remember it was pretty much a cake walk lol.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

@Momma There Goes That Man Did you 100% it? 

no I just liked the quote lol. I’m 50+ hours but I’ve barely done anything yet besides explore and mess around. I’m far enough into the story though for some really nice surprises. It’s going logically where I thought it would go and following many of the breadcrumbs left in HZD. If people weren’t paying attention in that game they might be floored or confused by some of it. I’m really excited to see how they handle it. Could be dumb if handled poorly but If done right, would make for an all-time science fiction story to me and I can already see the seeds being planted for the third trilogy finale. Lots of good stuff expanding the lore and adding depth to all the characters and events of HZD and TFW dlc 

but just having a blast walking through the world discovering characters and settlements and new machines and getting my ass kicked all over the place and loving every second of it. I didn’t send pics of the best places in the game that are really special to avoid spoilers. Just sending generic pics in the woods or on a mountain 

• Like 1

Any y'all been playing COD?  I just realized that it's been almost 10 years since I played one.  Cod 4 to Cod Black Ops 2.  2007-2012.  Average K/D was 2.5, probably 3.0 or 4.0n TDM/FFA.  Top 2,000 in the world in score per minute in Domination and other obj games.

Cod is in shambles.  Hopefully Microsoft resurrects it.  So sad.

@Chew

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

15 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Any y'all been playing COD?  I just realized that it's been almost 10 years since I played one.  Cod 4 to Cod Black Ops 2.  2007-2012.  Average K/D was 2.5, probably 3.0 or 4.0n TDM/FFA.  Top 2,000 in the world in score per minute in Domination and other obj games.

Cod is in shambles.  Hopefully Microsoft resurrects it.  So sad.

@Chew

Last COD I played was Modern Warfare 3 three years ago. Modern Warfare 1 was the peak for me. Lately I've been getting the urge to give the originals and maybe Medal of Honor Pacific Assault go. Going off my steam screenshots, last time I played COD1 was 2015. 7 years ago. 👴

F153FB66ADDF64244C389000E21B903A06AF79F5 (1600×1200)

COD:MW on 360 is def the best COD there ever was and has been.  It's all been downhill since then and I haven't played it myself since MW2.  I'm just not really into FPS games much anymore.  Around that time the market just became completely oversaturated with them and having COD games come out like Madden turned me away big time.

8 minutes ago, Mufumonk said:

I made it to Red Wolf of Radagon in the Raya Lucaria Academy. Things did not go well..... I was one shot pretty much instantly. This feels like the first real wall the game has thrown at me.

What is your HP at right now?  I think mine is at like 624 and I could take like 2 hits without being killed.  But I tried to use a flask after every hit because sometimes I'd get hit twice before I could even use a flask.

I also got there last night and it wasn't that tough.  I lost a few times after getting him down to like 25-50% and then I used an arc rune with Godricks rune and I completely destroyed him.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

What is your HP at right now?  I think mine is at like 624 and I could take like 2 hits without being killed.  But I tried to use a flask after every hit because sometimes I'd get hit twice before I could even use a flask.

I also got there last night and it wasn't that tough.  I lost a few times after getting him down to like 25-50% and then I used an arc rune with Godricks rune and I completely destroyed him.

I'm only level 41 with 514 HP. I took a glintstone sword to the face as soon as the fight started and died.  I feel like I'm about 10 levels too low for him. 

11 minutes ago, Mufumonk said:

I'm only level 41 with 514 HP. I took a glintstone sword to the face as soon as the fight started and died.  I feel like I'm about 10 levels too low for him. 

I think I was like level 52 or 53 at him because I am pretty sure I am 54 after I turned it off last night and had leveled up at least one or two times after him.  So your estimate is pretty damn on point lol.

There was one or two times I faced him where he killed me before I could even summon and press square to refill my magic lol.  It just depends what he starts out doing.  But that was more rare than not.  

I got some glinstone magic where it basically swipes a sword.  Thing about it though is it uses like no stamina and you can mash it and it just comes out really fast.  I've been using that for the last couple of large enemies I have faced and it's doing more damage than me trying to fight with my +8 katana blade.  Not running out of stamina is the biggest part I think.

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I think I was like level 52 or 53 at him because I am pretty sure I am 54 after I turned it off last night and had leveled up at least one or two times after him.  So your estimate is pretty damn on point lol.

There was one or two times I faced him where he killed me before I could even summon and press square to refill my magic lol.  It just depends what he starts out doing.  But that was more rare than not.  

I got some glinstone magic where it basically swipes a sword.  Thing about it though is it uses like no stamina and you can mash it and it just comes out really fast.  I've been using that for the last couple of large enemies I have faced and it's doing more damage than me trying to fight with my +8 katana blade.  Not running out of stamina is the biggest part I think.

I also haven't leveled my katana beyond +4...... I'm probably unnecessarily hoarding upgrade mats.

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Yeah just go in there with some runes and mash the upgrade button lol.

I went back at 43 with a +8 Uchigatana. It took me a few of tries due to getting greedy but I got him. I also swapped in the Twinblade Talisman (extra damage on final chain attack) and Spelldrake Talisman (magic resistance). 

So much anxiety running around the rooftops out here!

Edited by Mufumonk
  • Like 1