Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

12 hours ago, bearrock said:

Would very much appreciate some feedback from the crowd on Elden Ring.  I'm intrigued but also never played Soul-like game.  How hard are we talking here?  (Let's say in comparison to something like Monster Hunter series)

Imo it’s about as hard as Monster Hunter World….which I understand is one of the easier ones. Basically….learn your I-frames and monster attack patterns and you will cruise through the majority (I’m assuming….only a few hours in but that’s my experience) 

First souls game for me as well and as long as you know going in that you will die until you learn how the monsters move, it won’t be too jarring. Thing is in this game you can run into some crazy ass **** that you just may not be able to beat unless you have mastered the game in like the first 30 minutes. It’s the **** you kinda open world where we are gonna stick this big as dude on a horse directly after the tutorial and you can run around him if you want but we don’t let ******* play this game so return it if you do.  

13 hours ago, purbeast said:

Most likely Samurai or Bandit.  Those seem to be the closest to the Hunter I used in Demon's Souls and I liked it.

I shoulda went with Samurai but I basically didn’t cause I already played so much GoT 

I already feel like ima **** up my build. I kill most things in two or three hits but damn am I squishy 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Alright, i gave in to @Momma There Goes That Man

Loading up HZD. Did not like it the first time, but probably didnt give it a fair shake. Willing to give it an honest effort. 

BTW, Far Cry 6 isnt great. 

I really love HZD, but I'm not done with it.

I also just picked up Elden Ring, I'm going with Bandit and we'll see whether I like it or not.

• Like 1

I've been playing Elden Ring since Thursday morning. My first souls game. After 3 hours I tried to get a re-fund from Microsoft because I couldn't do anything but die (they won't refund a Digital purchase with more than 2 hours gameplay btw). I probably played 6-7 hours total on Thursday. Tried a Confessor for a few and started over with the Vagabond. Literally couldn't kill anything but the foot soldiers. I finally killed a giant after 20-30 tries. 

Anyways, yesterday morning I sorta "cheated" and followed a YT videos on how to level up flasks, weapons, and character level quickly. That mixed with just getting better at combat really helped. I'm really enjoying the game now. Still die a lot but I can at least stand a chance. Stuck with the original Confessor build. 

fwiw I am playing XSX with a 4k HRR (or whatever) I've had no issues with frame rate...or even glitches or anything. Incredible for a new game on day one these days.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I played Elden Ring for like 4 hours last night. Think I am at the first "real" boss in the game. It was shortly after I got to the round table. I turned it off after dying a few times at the boss. Faced a couple mini-bosses or something on the way as well as one in a cave. I started as the Samurai and so far am happy with my choice.

I am not fully understanding the whole summoning thing. It only works in certain areas and it seems to be a bit random as to where it works and doesn't when facing random packs of enemies.

I am having no issue with the framerate on PS5. I am playing in performance mode and noticing very minimal drops from 60fps. No screen tearing or anything when it does drop. Initially when the camera would pan and there would be something in the way and it jumped forward a little bit to get around it, I thought that was a stutter but once I realized it was just the camera moving forward temp to get around something, I realized it wasn't stuttering. But like in the middle of the game I am not really noticing much drop at all. It's happening but going to like 55fps or whatever from 60 for a short period of time just isn't bothering me at all. I don't know if it's because I'm running at 1080p or not but yeah, it's perfectly playable for me in performance mode.

53 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

Anyways, yesterday morning I sorta "cheated" and followed a YT videos on how to level up flasks, weapons, and character level quickly.

Is it anything more than just a good spot to farm a bunch of ruins?

59 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Is it anything more than just a good spot to farm a bunch of ruins?

For the most part it is farming ruins. But also a lot of smithing stones and the things needed to upgrade flasks. I also looked up how to find the katana and upgraded it rather than that tiny Confessor sword. It does get you to the Round Table too. I bought a fire incantation there that makes me glad I picked Confessor. I guess I'm doing a dex/faith build. 

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Alright, i gave in to @Momma There Goes That Man

Loading up HZD. Did not like it the first time, but probably didnt give it a fair shake. Willing to give it an honest effort. 

BTW, Far Cry 6 isnt great. 

Try to make it through the montage and the proving st least which is a few hours in where the game 100% opens up and you can go anywhere, to see what you think. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mufumonk said:

I'm currently getting my ass kicked by some cat looking thing that walks on 2 legs and spits up fire instead of hairballs....

mandalorian-this-is-the-way.gif.fdc7fb512408ecc87788daccc88deebe.gif

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Try to make it through the montage and the proving st least which is a few hours in where the game 100% opens up and you can go anywhere, to see what you think. 

Once you go beyond the sacred grounds and the world opens up, it's one of the hardest games of all time to put down

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

mandalorian-this-is-the-way.gif.fdc7fb512408ecc87788daccc88deebe.gif

Once you go beyond the sacred grounds and the world opens up, it's one of the hardest games of all time to put down

2 mini bosses down but ran into the first real boss: Margit the Fell Omen. Time to git gud.

3 hours ago, Mufumonk said:

I'm currently getting my ass kicked by some cat looking thing that walks on 2 legs and spits up fire instead of hairballs....

That ****er was pretty easy for me cause I had the wolf summon unlocked by the time i got to that boss.  They did most of the damage and I stood back shooting it with crossbow bolts.

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

That ****er was pretty easy for me cause I had the wolf summon unlocked by the time i got to that boss.  They did most of the damage and I stood back shooting it with crossbow bolts.

I haven't found the cat yet. I think after work I'm going after that dragon. 

8 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

If you've fought the Beastman mini boss in the small cave north of the Santa Clause looking merchant, there's another cave just west of there.

57 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

Been fighting a dragon on this bridge for an hour now and my wife is doing the thing where she is asking me why I play a game that makes me so mad. 

She doesn’t understand we are one more wipe from divorce…..

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Llevron said:

Been fighting a dragon on this bridge for an hour now and my wife is doing the thing where she is asking me why I play a game that makes me so mad. 

She doesn’t understand we are one more wipe from divorce…..

I beat it last night in a few tries. Use the horse and attack the wings and run lol. Got the Cat thing in the first try thanks to my wolves.

I got torched by that dragon at the lake and now I just fly on by.  

I still haven't beaten that first boss but last night I upgraded my weapon to +2 I think and cut it off so now I'll at least have a bit more power against him. 

I'm level 20 total I believe.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I got torched by that dragon at the lake and now I just fly on by.  

I still haven't beaten that first boss but last night I upgraded my weapon to +2 I think and cut it off so now I'll at least have a bit more power against him. 

I'm level 20 total I believe.

I was level 48 when I first saw this boss lol. But I don’t think the levels mean much compared to your equipment. 

Speaking of which….I was having a hard time with the boss you are talking about with my “Colossal” Great Sword. It just swung too slow and was so heavy I had to pretty much take off all armor to use it. So I was like **** it if I’m this heavy already I might as well duel wield these ****es and see what happens. And I’m just wrecking **** now. I can’t roll but I can jump! And that jump attack with two colossal weapons is as strong as my backstab so I’m on some bull**** now. 

2 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

I beat it last night in a few tries. Use the horse and attack the wings and run lol. Got the Cat thing in the first try thanks to my wolves.

You are a saint. He takes up so much of the bridge I couldn’t ride by him but when trying I found out he will follow me off it. So I just rode around him swinging and I tore his ass up. Thank you!

My marriage is saved lol 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I was level 48 when I first saw this boss lol. But I don’t think the levels mean much compared to your equipment. 

Speaking of which….I was having a hard time with the boss you are talking about with my “Colossal” Great Sword. It just swung too slow and was so heavy I had to pretty much take off all armor to use it. So I was like **** it if I’m this heavy already I might as well duel wield these ****es and see what happens. And I’m just wrecking **** now. I can’t roll but I can jump! And that jump attack with two colossal weapons is as strong as my backstab so I’m on some bull**** now. 

You are a saint. He takes up so much of the bridge I couldn’t ride by him but when trying I found out he will follow me off it. So I just rode around him swinging and I tore his ass up. Thank you!

My marriage is saved lol 

If you a level 48, you've been playing long enough to have a lot more **** to upgrade your weapons with lol.

If you have decent Faith and Arcane you can use the dragon hearts to get some killer dragon magic! I finally found a crossbow. I think I prefer fire magic. I might upgrade it to +3 and try it again. Seems like it would be useful at times. So far I've only upgraded my Katana so I've got alot of smithing stones. I'm level 29 atm 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If you a level 48, you've been playing long enough to have a lot more **** to upgrade your weapons with lol.

18 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Where you all finding the smithing stones?  Just like randomly as you battle or is there a place with more drops than others?

You can find the smith stones all over the place in caves. There’s a river that cuts the starting area in half and if you go in the cave that the end of it and explore you will come out with like 20 of them. It’s, of course, dangerous. But it’s worth it. 

I have a bunch but you are kinda gated in a way. The currency you need to upgrade changes after +3 and again later I think. I have leveled up one weapon but that colossal sword I was talking about takes a different kind of material entirely to upgrade and I haven’t found that. 

33 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Anybody having good performance on PC?  Game sounds fun 

there was a patch today to keep your eyes peeled to see if that improves it any. I can’t imagine it will last for long if they can get it running on console. 

• Thanks 1