Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

50 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You can find the smith stones all over the place in caves. There’s a river that cuts the starting area in half and if you go in the cave that the end of it and explore you will come out with like 20 of them. It’s, of course, dangerous. But it’s worth it. 

I have a bunch but you are kinda gated in a way. The currency you need to upgrade changes after +3 and again later I think. I have leveled up one weapon but that colossal sword I was talking about takes a different kind of material entirely to upgrade and I haven’t found that. 

there was a patch today to keep your eyes peeled to see if that improves it any. I can’t imagine it will last for long if they can get it running on console. 

You talking about the cave in the river where the red NPC dude is guarding it?  Or is it past that? Or is that a different river thing I'm talking about?

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

You talking about the cave in the river where the red NPC dude is guarding it?  Or is it past that? Or is that a different river thing I'm talking about?

I think there is a red dude there actually yea. I’m not 100% though. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Man I don't know how y'all play these Souls type games. I just know I'd get super aggravated from all the constant dying.

Well that’s the bets part about this particular game. You can literally warp to any place you have been too (or near it, as long as you found the glowing checkpoint) so when I finally get fed up I can just leave and explore the Breath of the Wild level open world and find something else random to get into until I feel better.

This is far and away the most interesting open world I have played in. So I don’t even beat my head against the wall unless I’m ****ing determined. Like, that dragon was guarding a bridge. I wanted to see what was behind it (and I was not disappointed) so I had to kill it. 

• Thumb up 1

Has anyone "accidentally" ended up in Sellia Crystal Tunnel? Never change you tricksy ****s. Never change.

Hint: There's a small dungeon in Dragon Burnt Ruins. Such sweet suffering.

Spoiler

It takes you to a dungeon in the far NE quadrant of the map.

Edited by Mufumonk
  • Like 1

I defeated Margit last night.  After I was leveled up a bit (was at 21 I think) it was not too bad.  I think I died like 5-6 times before getting him, but each time I had him at like less than 25% health left.  I was initially trying with this +7 spear I found but I ended up doing better and defeating him with the +2 samurai sword I have built from the beginning.

And damn, this just looks so badass.  Had to stop and stare for a bit.

3DDAuyw.jpg

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I defeated Margit last night.  After I was leveled up a bit (was at 21 I think) it was not too bad.  I think I died like 5-6 times before getting him, but each time I had him at like less than 25% health left.  I was initially trying with this +7 spear I found but I ended up doing better and defeating him with the +2 samurai sword I have built from the beginning.

3DDAuyw.jpg

I keep pumping vigor and endurance but I still haven't decided on a faith/strength or faith/dex build yet. Sadly I haven't found any decent weapons to help push me one way or the other.

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Man I don't know how y'all play these Souls type games. I just know I'd get super aggravated from all the constant dying.

The game is punishing for sure. But there is great reward for exploration. The one thing this game does that previous Souls game didn't is making that exploration easier. With a mount, you can haul ass through a really dangerous zone and grab those shiny nuggets of goodness and bounce before getting one shot. Then it's just a matter of farming enough levels to be able to use it.

Edited by Mufumonk

Just now, Mufumonk said:

I keep pumping vigor and endurance but I still haven't decided on a faith/strength or faith/dex build yet. Sadly I haven't found any decent weapons to help push me one way or the other.

I feel like there is value in both, but I have seen more weapons what work with faith/dex than anything. Some of them look pretty cool. I know for a fact there are more than a few in both category though. 

That is a cool shot. The game is very cool visually. Makes me want to take it out of performance mode but I'm sure that would get me killed if the frames started to drop in a fight. Also let me know how you fare against the boss after Margit. I crushed Margit....it was the one after that humbled me. I had to summon some help to get through it. Wife called me out and everything. 

8 hours ago, Llevron said:

I feel like there is value in both, but I have seen more weapons what work with faith/dex than anything. Some of them look pretty cool. I know for a fact there are more than a few in both category though. 

Sometimes the weapon you find early on decides for you. Found the Twin blade. Dex it is!

14 hours ago, purbeast said:

Holy **** I thought the bottom 1/4 of the map was the entire thing wtf...

And on top of that, there is also like some sort of underworld.  No clue how large that is.

Finally beat Margit thanks to finding an Uchigatana. Moved on to Stormveil Castle and spent about 4 hours exploring. That place is huge.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:46 AM, purbeast said:

Holy **** I thought the bottom 1/4 of the map was the entire thing wtf...

And on top of that, there is also like some sort of underworld.  No clue how large that is.

Seeing the map size is killing me on the inside. I thought I was about done for sure smh. The fact that I cant go more than a few seconds without finding something to explore is crazy and if it keeps up the entire map I'm not sure how I'm going to beat this game before this child arrives. 

I may have to leave my family. 

On a more positive note, the Ash of War system is crazy good. I don't know if yall know this, but if you find the corresponding whetstones, you can basically put any skill on most weapons. This also lets you change the damage scaling on the weapons. So if you like a weapon, but its meant for INT builds, you can change it to scale for DEX if you really want to. Not every combo works, but I was able to fix my 'fat roll' problem by giving my weapon an Art of War that is basically a short range teleport in whatever direction I choose and is basically nothing but I-frames. Now I can move crazy fast and swing these two big ass swords. And as fun as that is, its still child's play compared to come of the people I have fought online. PVP is nuts 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Seeing the map size is killing me on the inside. I thought I was about done for sure smh. The fact that I cant go more than a few seconds without finding something to explore is crazy and if it keeps up the entire map I'm not sure how I'm going to beat this game before this child arrives. 

I may have to leave my family. 

On a more positive note, the Ash of War system is crazy good. I don't know if yall know this, but if you find the corresponding whetstones, you can basically put any skill on most weapons. This also lets you change the damage scaling on the weapons. So if you like a weapon, but its meant for INT builds, you can change it to scale for DEX if you really want to. Not every combo works, but I was able to fix my 'fat roll' problem by giving my weapon an Art of War that is basically a short range teleport in whatever direction I choose and is basically nothing but I-frames. Now I can move crazy fast and swing these two big ass swords. And as fun as that is, its still child's play compared to come of the people I have fought online. PVP is nuts 

I was already conditioned by Souls games to methodically explore the world but this is bananas. I probably spent 2 full days going through Stormveil Castle exploring every nook and cranny I came across (platforming-Souls?!?).......I still haven't beaten the 'not a boss but totally a boss' in the basement of the castle and I'm not sure I could find my way back to it.  Speaking of Stormveil Castle.....the fire breathing razor taloned hawks are ****ing assholes.

I'm kind of limited in my playtime so beyond Margit and Godric, the only other main branch I've done is Castle Morne. The rest of my time has been spent exploring and killing mini bosses.

P.S. The guard counter is my favorite new mechanic. I just need to get my poise and endurance high enough to make it effective against stronger enemies.

I don't "get" the ashes of war.  I don't even have them on because I'm primarily using the uginata the unsheathe attack was way better than any of the crap added by the ashes of war I had.  My other primary weapon is a +7 spear I found that I upgraded to +8.  Then I am using some magic staff as well in my left hand.

And yes, **** those birds with knives.  In general, air enemies in this game are kind of a pain in the ass just because of how the mechanics work.

2 hours ago, Mufumonk said:

I was already conditioned by Souls games to methodically explore the world but this is bananas. I probably spent 2 full days going through Stormveil Castle exploring every nook and cranny I came across (platforming-Souls?!?).......I still haven't beaten the 'not a boss but totally a boss' in the basement of the castle and I'm not sure I could find my way back to it.  Speaking of Stormveil Castle.....the fire breathing razor taloned hawks are ****ing assholes.

I'm kind of limited in my playtime so beyond Margit and Godric, the only other main branch I've done is Castle Morne. The rest of my time has been spent exploring and killing mini bosses.

P.S. The guard counter is my favorite new mechanic. I just need to get my poise and endurance high enough to make it effective against stronger enemies.

There's an open world enemy I killed to get a shield Ash of War that makes blocking boss attacks much more viable. That's how I beat the boss in Castle Morne. If you want details lmk but I didn't want to spoil exploration for anybody.

I don't "get" the ashes of war.  I don't even have them on because I'm primarily using the uginata the unsheathe attack was way better than any of the crap added by the ashes of war I had.  My other primary weapon is a +7 spear I found that I upgraded to +8.  Then I am using some magic staff as well in my left hand.

And yes, **** those birds with knives.  In general, air enemies in this game are kind of a pain in the ass just because of how the mechanics work.

Im using Blood Slash with my Katana (the Uchiganata or whatever). It's really good but I keep forgetting I have it. I just throw fire balls at the birds. I killed Margit yesterday in 2 tries(level 35 though), but I'm getting killed constantly in this stupid Castle. 

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Yea I feel like a lot of the good weapons already come with good skills/arts of war on them. I ended up too slow to really dodge and you cant block anything dual wielding which was fine for most of what I have played....trading damage was fine because I did so much more. But now bosses are two or 3 hitting me and I have no chance to heal with this slow roll. But this bloodsomething step has been a life saver. I went from slow to uncatchable AND i was able to add bleed damage to it which has been pretty useful. 

53 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

Im using Blood Slash with my Katana (the Uchiganata or whatever). It's really good but I keep forgetting I have it. I just throw fire balls at the birds. I killed Margit yesterday in 2 tries(level 35 though), but I'm getting killed constantly in this stupid Castle. 

If these ****ers weren't so aggressive I would never be able to kill them. They fly right into the blade if I swing it enough lol

Found the Raya Lucaria Soldier summons yesterday and found a bunch of the things to upgrade my summons as well.

Upgraded that to +3 and then went back to Godrick with my +5 uginata (was +4 last time I face him) and I completely whooped him on the first try. Still had 3 flasks left when I defeated him and had my summons left still. Funny how leveling things up helps!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Found the Raya Lucaria Soldier summons yesterday and found a bunch of the things to upgrade my summons as well.

Upgraded that to +3 and then went back to Godrick with my +5 uginata (was +4 last time I face him) and I completely whooped him on the first try. Still had 3 flasks left when I defeated him and had my summons left still. Funny how leveling things up helps!

I've found the jellyfish summons to be really effective. It's great at tanking and causes poison buildup.

7 minutes ago, Mufumonk said:

I've found the jellyfish summons to be really effective. It's great at tanking and causes poison buildup.

Same. I leveled that thing up and it got me through most of what I have played so far. Though I did get a 'legendary' summon that costs HP rather than FP so now when im in a jam I bring that one out. I dont want to spoil it but its pretty cool. 

The Jelly fish was how I beat that dragon though lol. He face tanked it while i just hacked away on its knees. 

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

You decided to duel wield Katanas yet or are you still running with one? That bleed build up from duel wielding is crazy!