Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USPS tomfoolery brought to you by Trump and the coward Postmaster General Louis DeJoy

Cooked Crack

Well, this guy DeJoy sure is corrupt!  He has so much smoke of criminal activity rolling around him the chance there's NOT a fire is very small.

He has told us to go **** ourselves when we subpoenaed records.
So let's issue a statement "demanding' he step aside.

I'm sure he will.

Pass the Enfamil, will you Nancy? I'm having a hard time chewing up this oatmeal.

Greatest threat our nation has faced from within for 150 years and these worthless toothless jackoffs have not been able to stop even one iota of it.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3

You know the administration is so deeply corrupt when even the Postmaster General is in on it.  Before Trump when did the Postmaster General ever make the news?  I don't think I could name any other Postmaster General.  They're usually guys in the background that nobody knows.  Everything Trump touches turns to ****.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, China said:

You know the administration is so deeply corrupt when even the Postmaster General is in on it.  Before Trump when did the Postmaster General ever make the news?  I don't think I could name any other Postmaster General.  They're usually guys in the background that nobody knows.  Everything Trump touches turns to ****.

It always goes back to Seinfeld...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, China said:

Oh, I remember being told in class that the post office was one of the main reasons for creating the civil service system.  

Just imagine all the post offices in the US, and every one of them has a postmaster.  And when a new administration would come in, every one of them got fired, and replaced by whoever ran the President's campaign in that county.  

DeJoy is just going to follow the "Trump will save me" blue print.  Deny Deny Stonewall Refuse to cooperate.  Don't give direct answers to questions.  Try your best not to get caught saying outright lies, but should you slip up, just claim Trump wasn't involved, go do your month at white collar prison and Trump will pardon you shortly. 

Revealed: evidence shows huge mail slowdowns after Trump ally took over

The United States Postal Service (USPS) saw a severe decline in the rate of on-time delivery of first-class mail after Louis DeJoy took over as postmaster general, according to new data obtained by the Guardian that provides some of the most detailed insight yet into widespread mail delays this summer.

Shortly after taking the helm, DeJoy – a major Republican donor with no prior USPS experience – implemented operational changes he said were intended to make the financially beleaguered agency more efficient. Those changes included an effort to get USPS trucks to run on time and limiting extra trips to transport late mail, with the result that mail was often left behind.

Many critics have noted that DeJoy chose to make these changes at the worst possible time, in the midst of a pandemic and months ahead of a presidential election in which a record number of people are expected to vote by mail.

In late August, DeJoy announced he was putting the changes on hold until after the election, and last week a federal judge in Washington blocked USPS from implementing them. The changes were clearly aimed at “voter disenfranchisement”, given the increased role USPS will play in this year’s presidential election, the US district judge Stanley Bastian wrote in his ruling.

“It is easy to conclude that the recent Postal Services’ changes is an intentional effort on the part the current Administration to disrupt and challenge the legitimacy of upcoming local, state, and federal elections,” Bastian wrote.

Click on the link for the full article and an interactive graph

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Larry said:

The post office has police?  

It would be more surprising if they didn't have police.  Certainly you've heard of Postal Inspectors.  FYI, here is the list of Federal agencies with law enforcement agencies or units:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_law_enforcement_in_the_United_States#List_of_agencies_and_units_of_agencies

8 hours ago, China said:

It would be more surprising if they didn't have police.  Certainly you've heard of Postal Inspectors.  FYI, here is the list of Federal agencies with law enforcement agencies or units:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_law_enforcement_in_the_United_States#List_of_agencies_and_units_of_agencies

I started having problems at the PO where I drop off my outgoing bills...the drive-up blue boxes kept getting raided last year, they've had to take them down and move them to a very awkward place in the parking lot. I drove up yesterday, and stopping at the boxes would have left the bed of my truck out in the street (kind of, just barely...but still a target for an idiot not paying attention), so I parked, masked, and walked them inside to the drop box. 

11 hours ago, China said:

It would be more surprising if they didn't have police.  Certainly you've heard of Postal Inspectors.

Yes, I'm aware there are postal inspectors.  

I don't see how "pulling them off the streets" applies.  

I even used a postal inspector, maybe 5 years ago?  

I started receiving "first day of issue" stamped mail in my mailbox.  Addressed to my address, but to obviously fake names.  (I think "Wai Hung Low" was one, for example.)  I took a couple of them in to the post office.  There's obviously some kind of scam going on, but damned if I can figure out how somebody paying to send rare collectable stamps to fake names at my address helps some criminal make money.  Took a couple to the Post Office, and handed it to them.  

'Epic Level of Corruption': Postal Service Quietly Awards $5 Million Contract to DeJoy's Former Company

The U.S. Postal Service last month quietly awarded a $5 million contract to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's former company XPO Logistics, raising fresh allegations of unethical activity by the Trump megadonor as he continues to come under fire for causing nationwide mail delays that could impact next month's election.

CBS News reported Friday that the Postal Service "will pay XPO $3.3 million annually to manage its route between the two cities, which are roughly 700 miles apart."

"The USPS database shows the contract has one of the highest annual rates out of more than 1,600 contracts the Postal Service initiated with outside firms in its most recent quarter, which is the first full quarter DeJoy has served as head of the agency," according to CBS.

Under pressure from Democratic lawmakers and ethics groups, DeJoy—who was a top executive on XPO's board before leaving the company in 2018—belatedly agreed last week to divest from XPO, in which he held between $30 and $75 million worth of stock. As CBS noted, the logistics company "still pays DeJoy about $2.3 million a year in rent and expenses for 220,000 square feet of office space he controls in his home state of North Carolina. XPO's lease agreements for DeJoy's properties run through 2025."

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1