Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huffpo: Explosive UFO Report In NYT Mentions 'Off-World Vehicles Not Made On This Earth'

Jumbo

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If they're observing, cool, if they're here to kill us all, cool.

At least all the dickwads will go down with me.

Only thing that'll suck is if they have been here forever, are pissed,  and are taking their ball and going home.... with every inhumanely beautiful woman and superior athlete that they planted here. Then things will really suck.

You've left out a possibility, what if we're the scary ones?  Example, what if life has developed on other planets but in every instance the animal that flipped nature the double birds of rebellion was an herbivore.  Consider a whole civilization of grass chewing cowards out there certain that what lead to their superiority was their ability to evade predators and inherently peaceful nature. 

Imagine civilizations of gazelles and hummingbirds stumbling across us.  Perhaps they're just making sure we haven't left yet.  That we're all still accounted for. 

Edited by Destino

1 minute ago, Destino said:

You've left out a possibility, what if we're the scary ones.  Example, what if life has developed on other planets but in every instance the animal that flipped nature the double birds of rebellion was an herbivore.  Consider a whole civilization of grass chewing cowards out there certain that what lead to their superiority was their ability to evade predators and inherently peaceful nature. 

Imagine those creatures stumbling across us.  Perhaps they're just making sure we haven't left yet.  That we're all still accounted for. 

...or waiting for us to nuke ourselves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

You've left out a possibility, what if we're the scary ones.  Example, what if life has developed on other planets but in every instance the animal that flipped nature the double birds of rebellion was an herbivore.  Consider a whole civilization of grass chewing cowards out there certain that what lead to their superiority was their ability to evade predators and inherently peaceful nature. 

Imagine those creatures stumbling across us.  Perhaps they're just making sure we haven't left yet.  That we're all still accounted for. 

33 minutes ago, China said:

Meanwhile, in Thailand...

Police give up fighting sex-mad monkeys which overran city eating themselves to death

Police using slingshots to try keep sex crazed monkeys which have overrun a city under control have been forced to admit they are powerless.

Life is so easy for the primates in the Thai city of Lopburi that they are eating themselves to death, according to wildlife experts.

They'll just sit back and enjoy the trainwreck

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Destino said:

You've left out a possibility, what if we're the scary ones?  Example, what if life has developed on other planets but in every instance the animal that flipped nature the double birds of rebellion was an herbivore.  Consider a whole civilization of grass chewing cowards out there certain that what lead to their superiority was their ability to evade predators and inherently peaceful nature. 

Imagine civilizations of gazelles and hummingbirds stumbling across us.  Perhaps they're just making sure we haven't left yet.  That we're all still accounted for. 

Sounds a bit like the plot of that short story by Harry Turtledove called The Road Not Taken.  The basic premise is an alien species which mastered interstellar travel, but never developed advanced weapons.  It’s a bit Implausible, but it’s possible maybe even likely that alien species simply aren’t interested in conquest.  For one, their home planet may not at all be like Earth.  For example, even if there was life and maybe even a civilization on say Mars, their really isn’t a reason for humans to settle there.  

• 4 months later...

The idea that any civilization advanced enough for interstellar travel is somehow so starved for resources that they'll come to Earth is so hilarious to me. That would be the equivalent of me wanting a glass of water and instead of walking down to my kitchen and getting a glass then filling it up, I get on my bicycle and bike down to Florida, then I get in a kayak and kayak all the way down to Antarctica, where I then trek across half of the continent so I can go and steal a glass of water from a guy in a remote research station.

I'd also be incredibly surprised if any civilization advanced enough for interstellar travel is still biological in nature. That's especially true if there truly is no such thing as superluminal travel (whether via space warping, wormholes, whatever). In that instance the distances and timeframes are so long that you'd have to make beings digital so the experience of time passing could be manipulated.

We spend tons of time thinking about whether aliens will be biologically like us as far as morphology and gross anatomy, but don't consider whether they even experience time the same way we do or are even biological in nature anymore. They'd probably see biological organisms as somewhat quaint but weirdo anachronisms. Like a person who still has a telegraph machine or something.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The idea that any civilization advanced enough for interstellar travel is somehow so starved for resources that they'll come to Earth is so hilarious to me. That would be the equivalent of me wanting a glass of water and instead of walking down to my kitchen and getting a glass then filling it up, I get on my bicycle and bike down to Florida, then I get in a kayak and kayak all the way down to Antarctica, where I then trek across half of the continent so I can go and steal a glass of water from a guy in a remote research station.

Wait....you don't do that for water?!?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

FAA notified after large blue UFO seen above Oahu appeared to drop into ocean

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - An unidentified flying object spotted in the evening sky over Leeward Oahu prompted witnesses to call 911 on Tuesday.

The sighting happened about 8:30 p.m.

There are multiple videos of what appears to be a glowing‚ oblong mass — both in the sky and in the water.

Officials from the Federal Aviation Administration say there were no aircraft incidents or accidents in this area at the time. But multiple witnesses reported seeing a large blue object fall out of the sky and into the ocean.

In a one video a woman can be heard saying, “Something is in the sky. What is that?”

Misitina Sape told Hawaii News Now she captured the image at 8:26 p.m. near Haleakala Avenue in Nanakuli.

Not long after, a woman named Moriah spotted what looked like the same object passing over Princess Kahanu Estates.

“I look up and then I was like oh s***!,” she said. “I started calling my husband and them because they were all in the garage. I was like hey. Come look up there. See if you see what I see. They all said yea!”

The 38-year-old says she’s never really been a believer in UFOs, but the bright blue object had them so intrigued they jumped in the car and started following it.

“I don’t know what it was,” she said. “This one was going so fast.”

Click on the link for the full article and video

A Harvard professor says an alien visited in 2017 — and more are coming

When the first sign of intelligent life first visits us from space, it won’t be a giant saucer hovering over New York. More likely, it will be an alien civilization’s trash. 

Avi Loeb, the chair of Harvard’s Department of Astronomy, believes he’s already found some of that garbage. 

The object in question traveled toward our solar system from the direction of Vega, a nearby star 25 light-years away, and intercepted our solar system’s orbital plane on Sept. 6, 2017. 

On Sept. 9, its trajectory brought it closest to the sun. At the end of September, it blasted at about 58,900 miles per hour past Venus’ orbital distance, and then, on Oct. 7, it shot past Earth’s before “moving swiftly toward the constellation Pegasus and the blackness beyond,” Loeb writes in the book. 

The object was first spotted by an observatory in Hawaii containing the Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System (Pan-STARRS) — the highest definition telescope on earth. 

The space object was dubbed ‘Oumuamua (pronounced “oh moo ah moo ah”), which is Hawaiian for — roughly — “scout.” 

Loeb soon opened his mind to another possibility: It was not a comet but discarded tech from an alien civilization. 

A number of unusual properties about the object helped Loeb make this conclusion. 

First were ‘Oumuamua’s dimensions. 

Astronomers looked at the way the object reflected sunlight. Its brightness varied tenfold every eight hours, suggesting that was the amount of time it took for it to complete a full rotation. 

Scientists concluded the object was at least five to ten times longer than it was wide — sort of like the shape of a cigar. 

No naturally occurring space body we’ve ever seen has looked like it — or even close. 

“This would make ‘Oumuamua’s geometry more extreme by at least a few times in aspect ratio — or its width to its height — than the most extreme asteroids or comets that we have ever seen,” Loeb writes in his book. 

What’s more, ‘Oumuamua was unusually bright. It was at least “ten times more reflective than typical solar system [stony] asteroids or comets,” the author writes. 

He likens its surface to that of shiny metal. 

But the anomaly that really pushed Loeb toward his E.T. hypothesis was the way ‘Oumuamua moved. 

“The excess push away from the sun — that was the thing that broke the camel’s back,” he said. 

In other words, it was clearly being pushed by a force besides the sun’s gravity alone. 

Click on the link for the full story

FIrst, it's clear Dr. Loeb is trying to sell a book.   Second, if it's trash why is it pushing itself away from the sun and not allowed to just burn up?

• Like 1

I really don't care about this.

The real question is, how did the speeder bikers in Return of the Jedi navigate a forest in hover bikes without hitting a ****ing thing?  Like, not even a vine.  Except that dude who checked behind himself.

It was human error.  So you're telling me its them driving and not AI.  Those mother****ers must be from a galaxy far far away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1