Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Will Snyder be the owner by the start of the 2021 Season

86 Snyder

Will Snyder be the owner by the start of the 2021 Season  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will Snyder be the owner by the start of the 2021 Season

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

He will be gone, I'm staying optimistic. Hopefully there's some behind the scenes movement happening right now. 

I totally disagree. He is a majority owner. He grew up a Redskins fan. He bought the team when he was 34. He is not going to get bullied by the minority owners. His ego is bigger than him. He will never walk away from this. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

I totally disagree. He is a majority owner. He grew up a Redskins fan. He bought the team when he was 34. He is not going to get bullied by the minority owners. 

Again, I'm staying optimistic here. He's a liability, being a Skins fan doesn't matter as I don't expect Snyder to ever sell willingly. Money matters most and a full re-brand is not cheap, he's about to see how much his incompetence has cost him. Minority owners selling, lack of fans buying new gear or showing up to the games, it's honestly not going to be pretty imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Again, I'm staying optimistic here. He's a liability, being a Skins fan doesn't matter as I don't expect Snyder to ever sell willingly. Money matters most and a full re-brand is not cheap, he's about to see how much his incompetence has cost him. Minority owners selling, lack of fans buying new gear or showing up to the games, it's honestly not going to be pretty imo. 

Except with Rivera and Del Rio, rebranding makes a lot of sense this year. New front office and upgrade with the coaches. The time is right right now. Fans will buy the hype and the new stuff. Cost won't be an issue for Dan. Sure he is being forced to change name but if he plays this thing right (keeping his ego in check) he could come up ahead of this. Nothing wrong with being optimistic. I am sure Dan is too. 

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

He will be gone, I'm staying optimistic. Hopefully there's some behind the scenes movement happening right now. 

In an ideal world, the NFL would force him out. However, I have basically no faith in the old boys club. There is still a little hope that there is some national outcry from other women in sports and that this story gains the traction it should gain - but honestly I think it's more realistic that this story will be gone in a couple of days and it's back to normal. The NFL just doesn't care and if major partners are not pressured to take action (like Nike and FedEx in the name change movement), nothing will come out of this.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, zskins said:

Except with Rivera and Del Rio, rebranding makes a lot of sense this year. New front office and upgrade with the coaches. The time is right right now. Fans will buy the hype and the new stuff. Cost won't be an issue for Dan. Sure he is being forced to change name but if he plays this thing right (keeping his ego in check) he could come up ahead of this. Nothing wrong with being optimistic. I am sure Dan is too. 

I'm also optimistic, but what you're posting sounds like the same bull**** sandwich that's been delivered to the fans for years. Many fans are upset over the name change, many fans want Dan gone, and the general public now knows about the predatory culture that we had going on. Where is all this new support going to come from? Washingtons value is about to tank, it's plain as day. 

13 minutes ago, Panninho said:

In an ideal world, the NFL would force him out. However, I have basically no faith in the old boys club. There is still a little hope that there is some national outcry from other women in sports and that this story gains the traction it should gain - but honestly I think it's more realistic that this story will be gone in a couple of days and it's back to normal. The NFL just doesn't care and if major partners are not pressured to take action (like Nike and FedEx in the name change movement), nothing will come out of this.

I guess we'll see. I wouldn't bet on it, but I remain optimistic. The NFL has been extremely inconsistent in many aspects over the years. It's hard to put a gauge on if they'll do the right thing or not. Times are different right now than they were two years ago and image seems to be a bit more important to the NFL, so we'll see.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

All of this bad for anyone involved but I don't trust the Washington Post in their reporting anything accurate. What strikes me also funny is the rumor that Jeff Bezos interest in owning an NFL franchise has been linked to this story. OH! That's right he owns the Washington Post. Just seems too much of a coincidence for me.

Not diminishing what happened as it was awful for those women who were affected by the horrific treatment they received, but this will blow over quickly for Dan.

Once training camp is in full swing, the discussion will pivot to will there/won't there be a season.  And then if there is a season, this will be in Dan's rearview mirror.

Not saying it's right, but that's the way these things typically pan out.

17 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Not saying it's right, but that's the way these things typically pan out.

this is what needs to be changed. 

things are playing out a little different these days.  

i voted no.  IMO, if they got rid of the GM, HC, Name, ect.... then why not a total new start with ....bezos, ah shoot. you kidding me. 

HTTR

54 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

I have a feeling he might be gone. Even though he wasn't named, he's still responsible as the owner. This has been going on for a while.

I hope you’re right. If the Washington Post article is only the tip of the ice burg (and it probably is), I think Snyder staying or going depends on what the rest of the ice burg looks like.