Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Sheehan sees this as a major, highly credible story, with relevant new details; some of which have been speculated and even privately whispered about amongst insiders before but never authoritatively stated.

He stopped short of saying that this was a game changer in terms of an actual ownership transfer.

My opinion: Snyder's future will clearly depend on whether or not the other owners, particularly Snyder's "buddy"Jerry  Jones whom Snyder reportedly has a particularly large  and detailed pile of dirty files on are ready to stand together and fight in a shooting war against someone willing to do anything to win.

We shall see.

As we speculated and the article flat out said looks the arena might end up purely about the stadium.  If the article is correct, Dan believes the stadium saves him and some owners think the stadium likewise could be the smoking gun to trip him up.

With the stadium being supposely the be all and end all.  If Dan is swimming in cash as some contend -- this shouid be a no brainer easy feet for him.  Just finance the whole stadium himself?  Just like the Bears, are apparently doing. 

I take heat for this from some, some actually even ridicule me for thinking this -- but I'll add this to the pile that I seriously doubt that Dan is plenty liquid and money is no object for him.  That article flat out suggested that Dan's 450 loan coupled with his need for financial help for the stadium in tandem could be what actually brings him down.

The thesis for me as to that article is ironically that its money-stadium which is likely the best shot to get rid of the douche. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Junkies just had a caller on from the industry and said team owners are getting their ducks in row behind the scenes and sited an example of someone who Jerry Jones just recently hired.  He made it sound like they've all been doing it this year.  Sounds like they're preparing for battle.  Maybe the reason why a vote to oust Snyder didn't take place at the last meeting.  They needed time to get ready. 

Don't know but certainly gives hope to getting Snyder removed.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Just to back up, my initial post today was just after you posted this article. It was not a response to that article as I had not read it when I posted that. I still think that Dan told Ron that he's not under any pressure to be fired and Ron is telling the media that this is basically year 1 of a rebuild. 

OK.  I reread some of my posts to you.  They came off more sarcastic than I intended so sorry about that.  I was just floored that you saw that article as a rehash.  

A lot of Dan articles are a rehash.  But that one was comprehensive, many angles -- Dan's angle, the league, fellow owners, covered a lot of turfs, and a bunch of new stories.  I thought it was killer.

• Thanks 1

Sheehan this morning called the article a "bombshell".  I am not surprised that he claims to have dirt on the other owners.  I think he is half bluffing on that point.

I am disgusted that he is the one who pushed to sign Wentz.  Our franchise cannot go forward until he is removed.  His football decisions are just the worst.

Albert Haynesworth, bad quarterback signings, signing washed up former Cowboys coaches and players, etc. etc. signing Deion Sanders for one year and paying

him a fortune so you could not sign better players at other positions, and never letting people he hired do their jobs.  Glad to read Goodell wants him out.  If I were

advising the owners I would suggest starving him financially.  Not allow him to borrow even one cent from the NFL for a new stadium.  If he gets a stadium deal

then he will own the team until he kicks the bucket.

They never shoulda granted him the waiver for the debt.  That always seemed weird to me.  They screwed themselves on that.

4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Sheehan this morning called the article a "bombshell".  I am not surprised that he claims to have dirt on the other owners.  I think he is half bluffing on that point.

I am disgusted that he is the one who pushed to sign Wentz.  Our franchise cannot go forward until he is removed.  His football decisions are just the worst.

Albert Haynesworth, bad quarterback signings, signing washed up former Cowboys coaches and players, etc. etc. signing Deion Sanders for one year and paying

him a fortune so you could not sign better players at other positions, and never letting people he hired do their jobs.  Glad to read Goodell wants him out.  If I were

advising the owners I would suggest starving him financially.  Not allow him to borrow even one cent from the NFL for a new stadium.  If he gets a stadium deal

then he will own the team until he kicks the bucket.

I feel like we all kinda assumed he had dirt on people.  This just kinda confirms it, but it's not a  new idea.  It made zero sense otherwise why he's survived this long.

Knowing what we know about Snyder, did anybody think he was gonna not go out fighting, and fighting dirty, at that?  He's not exactly a guy of strong moral and ethical character.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As we speculated and the article flat out said looks the arena might end up purely about the stadium.  If the article is correct, Dan believes the stadium saves him and some owners think the stadium likewise could be the smoking gun to trip him up.

With the stadium being supposely the be all and end all.  If Dan is swimming in cash as some contend -- this shouid be a no brainer easy feet for him.  Just finance the whole stadium himself?  Just like the Bears, are apparently doing. 

I take heat for this from some, some actually even ridicule me for thinking this -- but I'll add this to the pile that I seriously doubt that Dan is plenty liquid and money is no object for him.  That article flat out suggested that Dan's 450 loan coupled with his need for financial help for the stadium in tandem could be what actually brings him down.

The thesis for me as to that article is ironically that its money-stadium which is likely the best shot to get rid of the douche. 

Perhaps the NFL was playing the long game like Machiavelli on steroids in deciding to grant Dan a loan that went far beyond the mandated franchise debt limit.

Maybe they anticipated that being so highly leveraged, given the decreasing revenue of the team, might help force him out.

• Like 2

I don’t buy the Wentz stuff. It’s just too easy to pass the blame from the FO to Dan. He has the history of it. If it was talking about meddling they would have brought up Dwayne as the first move here and meddling. They didn’t. Wentz is just the recent failure that’s causing some heat. Ron talked all offseason before the trade about the QB need. He ran out of options. It was Wentz or bust 

the rest of the article I 100% believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DJD2 said:

That ESPN article is just depressing as hell.

If he somehow gets a stadium built he is never going away.

If you live in VA call your representatives. With MD gov likeli going Blue they are out. DC is out. Leaves VA

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Indeed. I think i flat out said last week that its laughable to think he doesn't have any money. But apparently he has leveraged so much of his assets that he is actually dead broke. Its crazy. As usually, you have the right of it. I cant imagine the mental pain you have to be in to own a multi-billion dollar asset and basically be the poor person in your social circle (that hates you). 

If nothing else, this tells me the heat we were (previously) putting on him by not going to games, not watching games, and not buying merch actually did have a huge effect on him. And we need to keep it up. Hell we could be in position to financially put him down if we take it a step further for just a few more years. 

I think I'm still a fan just for the fantasy that we make the ****er give up and sell. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

The owners have to vote him out now don’t they? If they don’t, they will clearly look like they are guilty of whatever dirt he is threatening them with. His baggage will become there’s. I know I’m a fool to get my hopes up again, but Snyder saying these things, whether we suspected them or not, sounds like the last act of a desperate man. Please god let this be true, I just want to have a football team again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Oh they will. What I hope is that this is the least watched football game of the season. That would be great. 

Well it probably will. This matchup has been mocked all week around the NFL. Although a lot of fans of the team who have given up, like myself, may be tuning in to see if this is finally the end of the reign of terror.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, I'm flipping my vote: Dan needs to go. I was never in support of him, I just wanted to stick with the "devil you know". I think I know enough...

It took you this long to realize there’s no possible way some one else could be worse ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I don’t buy the Wentz stuff. It’s just too easy to pass the blame from the FO to Dan. He has the history of it. If it was talking about meddling they would have brought up Dwayne as the first move here and meddling. They didn’t. Wentz is just the recent failure that’s causing some heat. Ron talked all offseason before the trade about the QB need. He ran out of options. It was Wentz or bust 

the rest of the article I 100% believe. 

Color me shocked that you don’t believe that.  😂

It’s pretty clear that leak isn’t coming from Ron, or any of his confidants.  If it is, it’s not because he wanted that dropped to save him blame.  It does nothing to help him at 1-4, in a must win game tonight to have that information leak.

That’s not to say Ron was disgusted with the idea of bringing in Wentz, but to suggest this is leaked to benefit him makes no sense to me.  Perhaps if he was recently fired, maybe.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Current and former team executives say Snyder is still far more involved running the club than most realize, imploring football decision-makers last March to trade for quarterback Carson Wentz -- despite a deal he made with Goodell in July 2021, when he was also fined $10 million, to give up day-to-day management to his wife, Tanya.

This was one of my favorite little nuggets...for all the kind trusting folks who actually believed that Danny-boy was keeping his nose out of football decisions. That always seemed a laughable assertion to me.

The more things change....

• Like 5