Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, UK Skins said:

If that's a serious question, then I guess the mouth? I mean I hate the ears and the eyes too but why have that ridiculous grin?

Me just assuming based off the general consensus around here -- I think your strong disapproval for the new team name/identity/whatever is influencing your opinion of the mascot. It's a dumb mascot, but really every mascot is over the top and dumb. 

I honestly couldn't care anything about it.

Edited by Professor_Nutter_Butter
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m not ever looking to agree with Chris Russell when he’s peddling controversy for the sake of it, but his point that Rivera golfing instead of being at the Senior Bowl is a bad look is unfortunately correct. 

He diverts to his staff on these but on the main shot caller you cant rely solely on what your guys say. GMs certainly dont when they are in charge. They watch film as well and go to these types of things.

How many prime shot callers arent there? Gotta be less than 5.

43 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

So who has the power in the new situation. No names included. A HC that gets hired first and then a GM. Or a GM first that hires a HC.

Depends "when".

Likely with timing. a Front Office will be gutting after the draft. The coaching staff gets the year while the new Front Office is searching for the type of coach they want while auditing everything from facilities to medical to everything in the building. 

3 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

So Sean Payton and DeMeco Ryans are both signed today as head coaches, meanwhile we're still standing around holding our dicks and can't even hire a damn offensive coordinator.  

That's what happens when you ask to interview people trying to get HC spots for your lesser OC position.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

So Sean Payton and DeMeco Ryans are both signed today as head coaches, meanwhile we're still standing around holding our dicks and can't even hire a damn offensive coordinator.  

If Snyder really is selling, any new big purchases and payouts are not gonna happen until new ownership, unless the team has enough cash flow to cover them. Snyder not putting a penny of his personal funds up. 

8 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

"Hey, we need an OC. But we probably will have new owners soonish.... and that means your time here could be a year at most. Wanna sign?"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No.  Something more military oriented.

Something camo.  Each jersey (home/away/alternate) can be a different camo (regular fatigues, desert, snow). I could see that happening.

I would just like a clean break, so while I wouldn't like this, I wouldn't hate it.

33 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Something camo.  Each jersey (home/away/alternate) can be a different camo (regular fatigues, desert, snow). I could see that happening.

I would just like a clean break, so while I wouldn't like this, I wouldn't hate it.

I love the colors but we need a clean break. Snyder destroyed anything the old colors meant.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm still hoping for the full rebrand.

Current brass is really dragging their feet w/ the current Commanders trademark situations. You get 6 months to respond to USTPO decisions and the team has done nothing to date to address their multiple rejections of Commanders patents back in Nov. They certainly still have time, but this is a situation where you want closure and full protection sooner rather than later, so I don't get the idea of sitting around and adding months to the process. Usually that is a tactic that is reserved for when you are stalling and trying to extend the coverage pending patents provide, like we did w/ WFT.

The only patent we are relatively close to getting are those W logos. Outside of that we are not any closer to legally locking down Commanders than we were months ago.

IMO every little thing that presents itself as an impediment to locking down Commanders rights is a boon to the idea of a full rebrand.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1